Training Training reports 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

A few observations from this morning.

None of the players listed to play VFL tomorrow trained. Ford Comben LMc Greenwood Free Corr Archer George Goad Taylor

Hardeman lit up 10 v10 match sim

Sellers did some ruck work at the end with X and Monkey....

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

None of the players listed to play VFL tomorrow trained. Ford Comben LMc Greenwood Free Corr Archer George Goad Taylor

CCJ not practicing with those two...?

Sellers is 193cm, owens rucks at 191, pickett at 184, johnson at pies is 193 and the list goes on.
Sellers can do it easily if he's got the reach and jump.
Fair shout. Johnson and Owens strike me as weird hybrid types though. Like their bodies haven't developed to fit any particular position. Maybe Sellers falls into that boat. I'm just surprised, that's all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s an interesting observation the Sellers one. Greenwood been training that role all Summer but doesn’t seem to be in favour from what I can tell.

Worth a try but Greenwood would be my preference

It’s an interesting observation the Sellers one. Greenwood been training that role all Summer but doesn’t seem to be in favour from what I can tell.

I get the feeling that Greenwood and Shiels are going to be fallback options.

A bitta ruck craft won’t HURT especially in moments where neither xerri or the backup can nominate themselves

Last edited:

I really rate Greenwood in a lot of ways, but if Phillips doesn't get first crack at that last 23rd player under Northball over Laz for Rd 1 its pretty easy to see why Greenwood might be up against it as well.

Agree about Philips/Lazz but if Greenwood is in, i'd say CCJ makes way, not the mids
I personally think people vastly overestimate the likelihood of Greenwood's desperation ruck efforts being a realistic planning option for the team. Personally I wouldn't be against Greenwood getting a run but I think the writing is on the wall. Speed, skill, endurance.

I wonder why W Dawson and Hardeman weren’t listed in the VFL squad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back