Training Training Reports - Current report, Monday 13th February, Post #1427

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the year is looking very positive. To challenge for the flag you need new bloody to stand up. The core of our team is in the prime playing bracket and the new guys are not all 18 year olds they have had a few years to physically develop and be educated. Last year we were so slow because we had too many one paced mids that struggled to run both ways. There is a pile of kids coming through and some real quality with Tim and jom coming into the side. Our tall stocks now have depth. With Mitchell moving on there will be a very different structure to our game play with I think will improve us. Plenty of kids were blooded last year so they can get use to the pace of the game and non looked out of place. Howe, Lovell, burton, Sicily, brand, jor, heatherly and Pino are all expected to improve. Personally burton just screams class and jor was running into really good spots but we did not get the ball to him.

Thanks for the training reports, to me it's exciting and believe we will shock some people out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And i may have hawthorn coloured glasses on (despite not wearing glasses) but i feel Lovell has many more attributes then Daniel had pre draft.

Im convinced Lovell will be better then Mitchell (of the sam variety) :D
I'm also on the Lovell train. I think the only thing stopping him is #36

Where do we think he can play?

I think he's better than a float around spare parts utility.

I would like to see him cement a spot somehwere and move from C+ to B+ this year and A- next year.

Is he good enough in the guts or could he hold down back pocket or a back flank?

How would he compare with Lovell as a centre man in a practice game? Would love to see the two line up on each other.

I'm not sure he has the mass or strong, low centre of gravity to play full time inside midfield. Could be first option to run on the wing, has the run and skills to do so. Only question would be his speed.

Could be a tagger and let Shiels off the leash a little?

Otherwise I think he will be a little spare parts I suspect, though that's not a bad thing.

I'm not sure he has the mass or strong, low centre of gravity to play full time inside midfield. Could be first option to run on the wing, has the run and skills to do so. Only question would be his speed.

Otherwise I think he will be a little spare parts I suspect, though that's not a bad thing.

I think he does. As far as core strength goes and ability to break a tackle and stay upright, I reckon he would be top 3 at the club.

I think he does. As far as core strength goes and ability to break a tackle and stay upright, I reckon he would be top 3 at the club.

Fair enough and happy to stand corrected. I met him a couple of years ago when he was in recovery so my memory of him was smaller than I expected at the time.

I'm really confident JOR is going to cement his spot in the midfield rotation, likely in that 2nd group behind TOM/JOM and Shiels. He knows that it is now or never and with the club going and recruiting guys he went against in junior footy and was regarded as highly if not higher is a real kick in the backside. He has the attributes to be an excellent blend of inside/out, JOR coming on would compliment the starting mids brilliantly.

There's no doom and gloom or rebuild this year, with our list/recruits we should be looking at top 4 and a tilt at the flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd definitely say Whitey has the mass and strong low centre of gravity. Tank is probably the issue and elite ball winning ability in congestion.

Time will tell...

Fairly sure the more recent of Axeman's reports have been complimentary of his performances.

This is true. Seems to be much more comfortable now amongst the team now and appears to be coming to grips with the structures, game plan etc. How that will translate under the pressure of a real game remains to be seen.

This is true. Seems to be much more comfortable now amongst the team now and appears to be coming to grips with the structures, game plan etc. How that will translate under the pressure of a real game remains to be seen.
In his interview on the Hawks website he mentions that he's slowly coming to terms with the new style of play, structures, etc..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back