Banter TRTT Part 11: Ghosts n Sh..tuff

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finally a good tradesman! Everyone can paint, and there are a lot of qualified painters out there, but the difference between good ones and s**t ones is ginormous. Thankfully - I've got a good one. The detail is excellent.

We got new flooring, and with the new flooring came new beading on the skirting boards. We need the beading painted to match the skirting boards. To do this, what they are doing is getting a chisel under the beading, lifting it very slightly and placing brown butchers paper under it. Allows them to paint the skirtings and the beadings very sharply and not get any paint on the floor. When done, they use a razor to cut the paper away. The paper stays under the skirting and you don't see it at all. They also are pulling out the downlights and fixing some shabby cuts in the gyprock when they were put in, painting and then replacing.

90% of painters would just be like nah * it, just paint that s**t. Still, he is pricey, but worth it at this point. He's also a qualified plasterer, so i've got him fitting a wall mount for my TV and a TV wall cavity cable duct. Good s**t.

Finally a good tradesman! Everyone can paint, and there are a lot of qualified painters out there, but the difference between good ones and sh*t ones is ginormous. Thankfully - I've got a good one. The detail is excellent.

We got new flooring, and with the new flooring came new beading on the skirting boards. We need the beading painted to match the skirting boards. To do this, what they are doing is getting a chisel under the beading, lifting it very slightly and placing brown butchers paper under it. Allows them to paint the skirtings and the beadings very sharply and not get any paint on the floor. When done, they use a razor to cut the paper away. The paper stays under the skirting and you don't see it at all.

90% of painters would just be like nah fu** it, just paint that sh*t. Still, he is pricey, but worth it at this point. He's also a qualified plasterer, so i've got him fitting a wall mount for my TV and a TV wall cavity cable duct. Good sh*t.

I want the 15 seconds of my life back that it took me to read that.

I want the 15 seconds of my life back that it took me to read that.

Long story short - good trades deserve good word of mouth.

Tony @ Suburban Painters and Decorators.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally a good tradesman! Everyone can paint, and there are a lot of qualified painters out there, but the difference between good ones and sh*t ones is ginormous. Thankfully - I've got a good one. The detail is excellent.

We got new flooring, and with the new flooring came new beading on the skirting boards. We need the beading painted to match the skirting boards. To do this, what they are doing is getting a chisel under the beading, lifting it very slightly and placing brown butchers paper under it. Allows them to paint the skirtings and the beadings very sharply and not get any paint on the floor. When done, they use a razor to cut the paper away. The paper stays under the skirting and you don't see it at all. They also are pulling out the downlights and fixing some shabby cuts in the gyprock when they were put in, painting and then replacing.

90% of painters would just be like nah fu** it, just paint that sh*t. Still, he is pricey, but worth it at this point. He's also a qualified plasterer, so i've got him fitting a wall mount for my TV and a TV wall cavity cable duct. Good sh*t.
So your painter doesn’t cut in....

I will need a decent tradesman to fix up a few spots in my house before I look at selling it in a year or two... Good to know, feel

Of all the trades so far, he's been great, so has the electrician - sole trader called Michael Brenzel (Unley electrical). Smashed out replacing every single light fitting in the house. Flooring guys superb too, selective flooring seaford.

Adelaide Marble - ******* shitful, however.

She did ruin Guy Ritchie as a film maker though

I think Guy Ritchie ruined Guy Ritchie as a film maker.
He started drinking his own bathwater.

Maradona was one of my first sporting heroes! Still all time greatest!

Amazing player! Wales never used to qualify for the World Cup so many of us would support Argentina, 1986 was one of the most amazing World Cups and he was absolutely sublime!
He was a handy man for the Argies

"Things got no less controversial in retirement as Maradona was given a suspended prison sentence of two years and 10 months in June 1998 for shooting journalists with an air rifle in 1994. "

lol, doing what all of us so dearly wished we could.

Long story short - good trades deserve good word of mouth.

Tony @ Suburban Painters and Decorators.
I know a painter who is also a memelord in Alberton if anyone wants to have big poos left blocking up their toilet being joked about on Facebook later that day.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back