Banter TRTT Part 12: Get Your Bowels Checked

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's too bad it's so hard to create competition with privatization because Optus and Telstra etc. have such an infrastructure monopoly. Imagine a new private player disrupting the status-quo with big investors to start rollout of super high speed in some areas. Watch the others either scramble to do the same or engage in legal filibustering...or buy outs. The demand is there, people will absolutely switch to faster options if they are presented.

Could be easy money to a particularly rich private equity. Help us Daddy Elon :p

Isn't that what the starlink thing is doing? Daddy Elon shooting 10s of thousands of little low orbit satellites for low latency superfast interwebs?

Isn't that what the starlink thing is doing? Daddy Elon shooting 10s of thousands of little low orbit satellites for low latency superfast interwebs?

It's sort of working too. Atleast for the people in non metro areas. Good mate of mine in the Vic highlands has got some quick net at last thanks to daddy Elon. Remains to be seen how good it can become.

It's sort of working too. Atleast for the people in non metro areas. Good mate of mine in the Vic highlands has got some quick net at last thanks to daddy Elon. Remains to be seen how good it can become.

Yeah I just looked up and some people are getting 200-300mbps. $140 a month but that's not bad for unlimited.

I checked my address and it's meant to be available next year. Twice the price of the 4g I'm using now, but admittedly I'm limited to 500gb.

I'd be more than happy for my taxes to pay for better Internet.
I've said it before, but COVID has shown how much a winner this would be. How many billions are spent on road upgrades each year? COVID has shown many can work from home. Even more would on an on-going basis with faster / cheaper internet. Put $20 billion over the next 5 years into FTTH within 100 km's of CBD's and 20km's of every major Rural city, plus more satellites / towers for Rural/Regional outside those areas.

It's not $20 billion extra infrastructure long term on top of what would otherwise have been spent. You pull cars off the roads from more working at home and you reduce how many of those billions you spend on that infrastructure (and road upkeep). You get more parents able to work from home (reducing how much the government has to spend on childcare subsidies). You get cars off the road and you help move Australia towards Net zero carbon emissions quicker as a 'side benefit' at no extra cost.

It's a win on every level IMO.

Last edited:
Ok pro tip- teachers love wine. The more expensive the better. We also love spirits. We love alcohol.

We don’t need creams, coffee, chocolate (ok maybe we do need chocolate) but thank us with alcohol.

Remember the next time you are frustrated with your kid we spend all day every day them.
Thanks for listening

Ok pro tip- teachers love wine. The more expensive the better. We also love spirits. We love alcohol.

We don’t need creams, coffee, chocolate (ok maybe we do need chocolate) but thank us with alcohol.

Remember the next time you are frustrated with your kid we spend all day every day them.
Thanks for listening

Start the Teachers for Sacking Hinkley movement.

Thanks for listening

My kid is cool.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

When did a thousand bucks start feeling like a can of vb, a bag of leaf & stale ham roll?

Forget it I just remembered a 3 bedroom weatherboard in Holden Hill is 500k

Thanks for listening
One of our girls teacher got both alcohol (bird and hand) and chocolate (Haighs) but the other one was completely crap and I never hope to see her get again, she didn’t get her contract renewed and she got nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for listening
I like to keep the spirits in the freezer like my chocolate.

One of our girls teacher got both alcohol (bird and hand) and chocolate (Haighs) but the other one was completely crap and I never hope to see her get again, she didn’t get her contract renewed and she got nothing.
And that is completely fair. I have done the same thing and hoped they talked about it in the staff room. I have also done it with my boys when they were at my school.

How is James Cordon even a thing? He's seriously dull and unfunny. Even his character in Gavin & Stacey was one of the least interesting.

It's like the world has suddenly decided that 'bland' is a desirable characteristic.

Coorperate sponsors certainly have.

Also for about five years there all you had to do do was make jokes about Trump and you get a TV show.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

How is James Cordon even a thing? He's seriously dull and unfunny. Even his character in Gavin & Stacey was one of the least interesting.

It's like the world has suddenly decided that 'bland' is a desirable characteristic.

He's Everyman - like all the loser bozos depicted in nearly every tv commercial these days (especially the betting agency ones). Personally, I would like to see this Everyman loser from a sappy sitcom/romcom get his own late night talk show - at least he was funny-ish...

He's Everyman - like all the loser bozos depicted in nearly every tv commercial these days (especially the betting agency ones). Personally, I would like to see this Everyman loser from a sappy sitcom/romcom get his own late night talk show - at least he was funny-ish...

Liked for the Fast Show reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back