Turn Off that Phone! The Real Scourge of Public Transport

Remove this Banner Ad

Spot the people who use their mobiles on PT. :D

It is worse when you are shopping & people are walking around while talking on their phones, they don't look where they are going & stop in the middle of an asile making it impossible to get past them. I swear the next idiot that does that, I am going to run into them. FFS, how hard is it to go without using your bloody phone while you do the shopping? :mad:

I nearly tripped over 3 girls who just stood there talking on their darn phones after I got off the train yesterday.

Who ever invented mobile phones is a ********.

In 10 years, baby girls will be born with a mobile attached to their head.:D

Another thing some dills let there phones ring as if to proclaim"listen to my cool ring tone,aren't I cooler than you!"

Like the increasing daggy cheesy music scene of today(button pushers who sit behind computers with fake drums and autotune),the mobile phone should be destroyed.

Isn't the point of the mobile phone to answer and make calls when you're away from a landline phone? That is a pretty piss poor complaint to make, mobile phones are a part of our lives get over it.

Isn't the point of the mobile phone to answer and make calls when you're away from a landline phone? That is a pretty piss poor complaint to make, mobile phones are a part of our lives get over it.

Not mine buddy.

I'm one of the last sensible ones.
For hundreds of years we never needed them and now all of a sudden they are a part of our lives.:rolleyes:

ITAKE WHAT I SAID BACK .

When used properly specially in an emergency,they're great things.

But most people,the L on the forehead hiphop fans and girls on the train abuse them.

stupid article....singing a nursery rhyme would annoy the other passengars more than the person talking on the fone.

I dont really care about people talking on the fone its what their for, people playing music out of their fone while talking over the top of it is alot worse imo.

Not mine buddy.

I'm one of the last sensible ones.
For hundreds of years we never needed them and now all of a sudden they are a part of our lives.:rolleyes:

ITAKE WHAT I SAID BACK .

When used properly specially in an emergency,they're great things.

But most people,the L on the forehead hiphop fans and girls on the train abuse them.

We don't need them now either, but if you live in a Western Country then chances are there are going to be mobile phones.

Get used to it because they're not going away any time soon.

stupid article....singing a nursery rhyme would annoy the other passengars more than the person talking on the fone.

I dont really care about people talking on the fone its what their for, people playing music out of their fone while talking over the top of it is alot worse imo.

Agreed, the "solutions" are not really solutions at all, just instructions on how to act like a ******** on public transport

Why don't these kids use headphones to listen to music? I do not understand. I will stick a phone up someone's a-hole someday.
There's something about the whole hip hop thing that is "look at me". I suspect it's more the people who listen to it. I never see w***ers in commodores cruising around with Barnesy or some other equally lame rock music blaring out, but I do often see this:

Nissan Skyline, WRX, etc
35 degrees
windows down even though they could use air con.
hip hop or doof doof blaring out

"look at me" "hectic bro"

There's something about the whole hip hop thing that is "look at me". I suspect it's more the people who listen to it. I never see w***ers in commodores cruising around with Barnesy or some other equally lame rock music blaring out, but I do often see this:

Nissan Skyline, WRX, etc
35 degrees
windows down even though they could use air con.
hip hop or doof doof blaring out

"look at me" "hectic bro"

You obviously have not been to Warrnambool (in south western victoria). :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and for sure, people openly playing music is the worst. i don't wanna hear your bullshit r&b love song repeated over and over for 20 minutes just because it's your new favourite track and it reminds you of your 2 week old boyfriend.

I'd be more concerned by their pedophilia than the music coming out of their phone.

Why don't these kids use headphones to listen to music? I do not understand. I will stick a phone up someone's a-hole someday.
Just as bad when someone's got a headphone on and you can STILL hear the music clearly. One tool had it on the tram last week and it annoyed the s**t out of me, so much so that I had to return the book I was reading to my bag. How I longed to punch him in the back of the head. :thumbsdown:

The stupid thing about this trivial complaint about mobile phone use was the fact that all the people interviewed by the Sunday Times in Perth were in agreeance about it being annoying.

I don't know what to call these people atm but :rolleyes::rolleyes:

my thoughts exactly. who gives a flying **** if somebody is on the phone in public, i think there's more important things to worry about

and for sure, people openly playing music is the worst. i don't wanna hear your bullshit r&b love song repeated over and over for 20 minutes just because it's your new favourite track and it reminds you of your 2 week old boyfriend.

self-awareness is almost non-existent these days

I see those people all the time "omg this is our song he might be the one ive got all the days Ive skipped school to see him down in my fone" :thumbsdown:

i was heading to the city one day and a guy got a call he was loud as and from what i could tell it was about a friend who was cracking on to him and other friends, it was a male from what i could tell cracking onto this guy and some of his male friends i did not really want to know about it nor did others .

usually don't have a problem too much with people on phones while on the train as usually they are not so loud and like above poster said it is usually work related . but this one was just yuck listening [ had no choice he was that loud the whole train heard him]

People talking on their phones doesn't bother me, but I have to agree with the comment re. fatties. There is nothing worse than being smushed against the window for half an hour with your arm almost coming out of his socket. And then comes trying to step over their trees (aka legs) when you inevitably have to get off first ...

Most mobile calls don't usually last too long. It's the people who sit together next to you who talk s**t the whole journey. Teenage girls are LIKE the most annoying.

People who play that rubbish hip hop really loudly on their mobiles should be put in a cell overnight too.

Usually angry little ant juveniles.

Idiots of the highest order.

I agree absolutely, i sometimes turn around if its the person behind me and give them a brief stare. They're generally too self indulgent to have a clue though and just continue to listen to their s***house music.

The other thing that annoys me is people putting bags on their seat, as well as people on a seat to themself not sitting by the window thereby making it difficult for people to get a seat particularly when the bus is full.

Also, people hanging their legs/feet in the aisle. Generally when they do this and i'm about to get off the bus i don't say excuse me but just barge past, and if i squash their legs or whatever bad luck.

A massive bugbear for me too. If I get a phone call on the tram, which, if it's work related are hard to do anything about. I attempt to at least go to the end of the carriage/tram where there's no-one there.

On the other hand, though, it's an aspect of a much bigger social problem for me. Hearing other people's conversations. My girlfriend does it in public all the time, and I'm of the opinion that if you didn't want to hear it from someone else, someone else doesn't want to hear it from you. She constantly yells across the supermarket wanting to know if we need X item or whatever. Annoying as all hell.

On PT, there's a minority of people who seem like they want their conversation to be heard, about what nightclub they're going to, or the people they know, or even the young fellas who need to swear constantly. Annoying as all get up.
how embarassing.

Substitute talking on mobile phones in PT for drinking - but you get the picture.

Drinking.jpg

School kids are clearly the most annoying. I hate when the train stops at a station near a school in the afternoon and they all get on, leave there bags in the doorways and talk loudly about nothing.

Also, not to be racist, but it shits me so much when you get a few asians on the train speaking there own language in there really loud high pitch voices.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back