Under 23s trial game between Port & Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Howard
Byrne-Jones
Burton
Marshall
Rozee

Would be likely to play round 1.

Drew, Bonner, Farrell, Duursma, Broadbent, Sam Gray should be around the mark.

Was impressed with Drew. Really impressed actually. Kid is big too.

Marshall struggled a bit playing as the go to but when the real stuff starts he'll be second or even third banana which suits his style more.

Dougal still concerns me.

Like I said - if Hayes, Atley, Houston and Powell-Pepper had been playing it would have been a demolition.

Cox is the forward version of pittard. Some of his decision making wowee. Passes off from 30m slight angle to banging it from 50. He has good body work and work rate. Just needs to back himself more which i think the coachss let him know. For a young kid in his first game very nervy which is understandable but he looked decent for our very last rookie pick

Drew looks great. Cox has a future if he puts everything he has into improving

Bit disappointed with rozee, butters and duursma . All showed some good signs, but expected more from them.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What game were you watching? Butters and Duursma were very impressive.

Sounds like a really positive last quarter and a half. Hopefully they show a replay.

How did Marshall look? The bit I watched early had him playing behind his man instead of getting in front on the lead.

Both teams have a lot to come in, but hopefully this result is a reflection that we will be more than competitive against Adelaide this year as many expect them to be a very good side.

Great to hear the positive reviews about Drew. We need him AND Atley to come good.
Marshall looked good. He's going to be a star. Huge, agile for his height, good hands/feet and just an Intelligent footballer.

Sounds like it was a good hit out for a trial match, and moving forward, the new players, particularly those from interstate should get a fair bit out of a win in their first game in club colours. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was at the club Monday for tea. Some little dude with a beard was doing a 1 on 1 running session with him. Absolutely flogged him for an hour with repeat sprints the length of the oval. After each one the little fella told him he wasn’t fast enough so do it again. Thought he was going to belt him 😂

That would have been ian mckeown.

Apparently the surface is incredibly soft, it has a very large loam. You will have noticed sand kicking up all game.
It is so soft it makes it hard to bounce the ball.

I went but was sitting directly in front of 4 toddlers who spent the entire first half chorusing DOOOODEEEE DOOODEEE RYYYLEEEE then in the second half switched to singing Baby Shark before switching back to RYYLEEE
so I have nothing

I was right alongside the Ports raised coaches box and it looked like Scofield was mostly running things. Ken was standing up at the back the whole time. Looked like they had him in charge of the esky

Like I said - if Hayes, Atley, Houston and Powell-Pepper had been playing it would have been a demolition.
That's for sure .. Houston would have had a field day intercepting 90% of crows forward moves and pinpointing the ball back to a Port Player. :D

Bar one situation in the backlines, where he fell over and presented an easy goal, I thought Frampton was a massive and influential competitor.

Watching that game has convinced me that FTA tv isn't going to be enough this year.
There are going to be a lot of centre break goals kicked, with back to back ad breaks.

Decent marking targets will be so important, as will the accuracy of those long kicks from the middle.

I'd like to see Houston on a wing hitting those targets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back