Underrated things in life

Remove this Banner Ad

Not having meetings is an underrated thing in life. Reckon there's no justification for a meeting going longer than half an hour, maybe an hour at a pinch. After that, you're just giving self important twats the opportunity to make sure 'their voice is heard' without contributing anything useful.
'Things that you do that no-one else does': I schedule meetings for irregular lengths (e.g. 17 or 23 minutes) to stop the back-to-back-to-back bullshit.

I used to have some staff who would vent, ask stupid questions etc every meeting so they went over time every time

I changed meetings where they were invited to 'stand up' meetings knowing they were bloody unfit. Meeting never went over again as all they were worried about was going back to their seat!

I used to have some staff who would vent, ask stupid questions etc every meeting so they went over time every time

I changed meetings where they were invited to 'stand up' meetings knowing they were bloody unfit. Meeting never went over again as all they were worried about was going back to their seat!

Meetings really need someone to moderate them with an iron fist. Problems happen when the senior members in the meeting are the ones who crap on and misdirect things, those meeting go for ******* ever

There's one exec at my workplace who likes to run through his 'action list' in our group meetings so we allllll know how busy and important he is. It's just his to do list of bullshit admin.

There's nothing that will make underlings tune out more than a higher up whinging about how busy they are, "that's why you get paid the big bucks" is the only response.

There's nothing that will make underlings tune out more than a higher up whinging about how busy they are, "that's why you get paid the big bucks" is the only response.
People just STARE at him and he never picks up on it. It's awkward and embarrassing. I've tried to talk to him about it and he just doesn't take feedback.

People just STARE at him and he never picks up on it. It's awkward and embarrassing. I've tried to talk to him about it and he just doesn't take feedback.

A lot of leaders think they need to be decisive and lead the way, which is true but it doesn't mean you don't take input from those who work for you of course.

My old boss didn't want any feedback or opinions basically, it meant that I stopped telling him stuff and that all went to s**t surprisingly!

A lot of leaders think they need to be decisive and lead the way, which is true but it doesn't mean you don't take input from those who work for you of course.

My old boss didn't want any feedback or opinions basically, it meant that I stopped telling him stuff and that all went to s**t surprisingly!
We're peers but he's known me since I was 17 so I think he just mentally pats me on my head and ignores what I have to say.

Not having meetings is an underrated thing in life. Reckon there's no justification for a meeting going longer than half an hour, maybe an hour at a pinch. After that, you're just giving self important twats the opportunity to make sure 'their voice is heard' without contributing anything useful.
The best meeting is a cancelled meeting

The best meeting is a cancelled meeting
Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meetings really need someone to moderate them with an iron fist. Problems happen when the senior members in the meeting are the ones who crap on and misdirect things, those meeting go for ******* ever
I'm going to have to do a presentation within our next faculty meeting.

First of all it's succinct- the PowerPoint is 6 slides long (with about 8 cue cards to go with it) plus I'll get chocolate to do like a quick Q&A to chuck out as prizes.

I feel like this is the way to go- bribery. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back