Social Science Unpopular Opinions you have (non-football) Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely the world has moved on to a point where nobody gives a s**t about someone having tattoos by now? Would you seriously not buy a house/car/whatever because the sales guy had tattoos?

I'd buy a car off this bloke if it was the right place, couldn't care less what he looked like.

1547516097560.png

You see plenty of guys in shirt, suit pants with the sleeves rolled up with ink in town.

Neck, face and hands is still pretty rough in a corporate setting but arms is fine though most people guys will roll the sleeves down for customer meetings.

Not sure why getting a tattoo is unprofessional Cruyff14 this isn't the 1950s

Surely the world has moved on to a point where nobody gives a s**t about someone having tattoos by now? Would you seriously not buy a house/car/whatever because the sales guy had tattoos?

I'd buy a car off this bloke if it was the right place, couldn't care less what he looked like.

View attachment 605435
Guaranteed this bloke is selling an XE Falcon in "good condition" that only require a new head gasket to be running.

I've got a tattoo but I don't get all offended by suggestions that overall tattoos are shitty. If anything I agree with that.

Sent from mTalk

However, why shouldn't they be displayed in an office? You're in an office. I doubt you're dealing with customers there. People outside the workplace.

Sent from mTalk

Tattoos@ work. Honestly depends on the job. If you're working with clients/sales or interacting with outsiders than a no. Image becomes important and it is up to the business or company to set the direction they want in promoting themselves.

Otherwise if you are in a back office somewhere and/or work in research/ are not dealing with anyone wear whatever the hell you want. Tattoos and all as it makes no difference to your ability to do the job.
JB Hi-Fi love the tatts out

Judging by the youtube comments, facebook comments, dislikes etc this is ad from Gillette about what being the best man you can be should mean is unpopular in certain circles

Judging by the youtube comments, facebook comments, dislikes etc this is ad from Gillette about what being the best man you can be should mean is unpopular in certain circles

If we use the Trump scale of rating how good something is by the amount of people it upsets, this is a cracker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the message of the ad itself is fine, I just wish corporations would stop getting involved in this sort of stuff like they care

its a bit rich that Gillette has been trading off traditional masculine stereotypes for years, and now turns around and lectures their customers
It's advertising so we can take it with a grain or two of salt but rather than lecturing perhaps they're trying to start a conversation about what traditional masculinity is. The response, both positive and negative to it suggests it's already working.

the message of the ad itself is fine, I just wish corporations would stop getting involved in this sort of stuff like they care

its a bit rich that Gillette has been trading off traditional masculine stereotypes for years, and now turns around and lectures their customers
They shouldn't get involved because they are a company, or an athlete or a celebrity.

Well who should get involved? I don't see the governments doing much about it, and they'd do an ad as well so what's the difference.

If the message is fine and it's one that needs to be said does it matter if it's shaving company saying it?

It's a risk to them to do this ad given their target market for their products.

It's part of a plan including $3 million pledged by them to US not for profits that are trying to change the view on what it means to be a man and educate boys etc

It might be a cash grab but it could also be that they really believe in what they are doing, plenty of companies make money while doing that

I have lots of tattoos but none that can't be covered up by shorts and a tee.

I know it doesnt happen much but maybe stop it the other way too.

Shows like neighbours showing hot blokes taking off shirts slowly and all the chicks gawking is basically the same thing.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Female contestants fawning over Manu on MKR. Reverse that and there would be an outcry.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I mostly agree with the message of the Gilette ad but feel a bit uneasy about it, probably because I'm somewhat cynical about their intentions. I don't believe large corporations like them suddenly gain a moral conscience if it doesn't benefit their bottom line.
It's part of a plan including $3 million pledged by them to US not for profits that are trying to change the view on what it means to be a man and educate boys etc

It might be a cash grab but it could also be that they really believe in what they are doing, plenty of companies make money while doing that
We'll only know where on the spectrum between cynical cash grab and genuine support this advertising falls once a new cause gains prominence. If they continue with this sort of stuff then we'll know they were likely genuine, but if they drop it then it was likely a cash grab aimed at getting certain women onside because their evidence shows that a majority of grocery/household shopping is done by women

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back