Cars & Transportation Vent about all things traffic

Remove this Banner Ad

As an aside, left turns are red lights should be treated like stop signs. Cars/cyclists should be allowed to turn left at a red light if there is no oncoming traffic and there are no pedestrians around (like US right turn traffic rules).

Absolutely, was the first thing me and my mates said when driving around the US. Is just a simple idea and would increase traffic flow alot. But then again i dont think governments want imrpoved traffic flow going by how they rarely put slip lanes into traffic intersections, even upgraded intersection dont get slip lanes alot of the time.

Men with Ranger/Hilux/Navara/Triton etc utes have to be the worst drivers. Absolute flogs who always tailgate.

They also love to push themselves in by going up the merging lane. People power won today. Not one car in about 20 let the guy in. Had to sit and wait for the back of the line to go past.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, they are knobs. I find it's pretty easy to avoid getting tailgated if you keep left unless overtaking though.
Oh, I absolutely agree regarding keeping left. I had one today though tailgating me on a single lane road (60km/h road) when I had a car in front of me. Just a pointless flog move.

I'll also add that tailgating isn't the only issue with them either!

Is one permitted to use their horn to beep a car going 25km under the 100km speed limit, especially when it's clear they have no intention of picking up their speed?

Decided to go for a drive before as I needed petrol, wanted to check the tyre pressure and ensure I knew exactly where I was going for a job on-site induction I have on Tuesday. The guy at the lights takes off ok and gets up to the 80km rather quickly, we then get to the 100km sign & rather than picking up speed they start slowing down - they then slowed down further after I beeped them

I'm normally a rather relaxed driver, but 25km under the speed limit is a bit too slow - and no they weren't turning off where anytime soon

Is one permitted to use their horn to beep a car going 25km under the 100km speed limit, especially when it's clear they have no intention of picking up their speed?

Decided to go for a drive before as I needed petrol, wanted to check the tyre pressure and ensure I knew exactly where I was going for a job on-site induction I have on Tuesday. The guy at the lights takes off ok and gets up to the 80km rather quickly, we then get to the 100km sign & rather than picking up speed they start slowing down - they then slowed down further after I beeped them

I'm normally a rather relaxed driver, but 25km under the speed limit is a bit too slow - and no they weren't turning off where anytime soon

I would have done the same to be honest. So it was a one lane 100 km/h road with no passing? You just need to live with a slow driver then.

I would have done the same to be honest. So it was a one lane 100 km/h road with no passing? You just need to live with a slow driver then.

It was 2 lanes, but the crazy thing is that as soon as a driver in one of the lanes goes slow like 10-20km under the limit, drivers in the other lane react to that and will also go slow because those 100km signs obviously aren't right...

I was finally able to over take them, but the poor bugger who was behind me and also had room to overtake instead drove up behind them & had to hit the brakes

It was 2 lanes, but the crazy thing is that as soon as a driver in one of the lanes goes slow like 10-20km under the limit, drivers in the other lane react to that and will also go slow because those 100km signs obviously aren't right...

I was finally able to over take them, but the poor bugger who was behind me and also had room to overtake instead drove up behind them & had to hit the brakes

I have a mate who lives in the Dandenongs, for quite a stretch there's a 100 km/h windy one lane road, I never do 100 as it really doesn't feel safe. They do have overtaking lanes every few k's and I make sure I let as many overtake as possible if they're behind me.

Geez they love to tailgate when I'm doing my 85k/hr, well that's too bad, if it doesn't feel safe to me I'm not doing 100.

I have a mate who lives in the Dandenongs, for quite a stretch there's a 100 km/h windy one lane road, I never do 100 as it really doesn't feel safe. They do have overtaking lanes every few k's and I make sure I let as many overtake as possible if they're behind me.

Geez they love to tailgate when I'm doing my 85k/hr, well that's too bad, if it doesn't feel safe to me I'm not doing 100.

Those situations I understand and I've done the same, especially when driving on unfamiliar roads or in not so great conditions - I'll also ensure those who want to overtake have the chance to do so

I’d be sitting on 115
Love twisty, country roads

Harrietville to Mount Hotham is a blast!

Smart play from yourself.

I’d be sitting on 115
Love twisty, country roads

Harrietville to Mount Hotham is a blast!

i like doing that through the Adelaide Hills, couple places that are tight and have to go slow, but a few places its twisty but can stretch it out safely

Remove this Banner Ad

Back