2nds VFL practice match 2 - Geelong v Essendon, Simonds Stadium, 11:00AM Saturday 22 March

Remove this Banner Ad

Fraser Fort is a big kid, as well.

Jester , how much have you seen of him. My memory of him was he looked promising but was a sub standard kick ( AFL level has a high standard ). Quite strong over head , mobile and considering our needs a smart pickup. Better option than Sully? Not sure. Maybe they should have signed his brother as well.

The only name I can think of as Rucking is Lever , wasn't named in the original side but perhaps will be brought in now.

EDIT : I see on the website they have Fort named as ruck so thats a good pick Jes

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darcy Lang tweeted before the game that it was his first game since July. He'd be super excited!
And it's Luxford's first game altogether. Good luck to them both!

Are they using the AFL interchange restrictions? Or is it relaxed due to it being a practice match?

Thanks for the updates, supahoops. I appreciate it and I know it's difficult to keep posting while you're trying to watch the game- so thanks!!

No probs.

Great stuff from Bews to GHS for another.

Fort I'm starting to like the look of, under sized bit breaking even in the ruck and his follow up work has been good.

65-27 9 mins

65-62 3/4 time.

Bombers coming hard, we look dead on our feet.

Haven't seen Lang since early that quarter.

ColaJazzKnee super impressive.

Not liking that score too much! What happened? Apart from us being dead and the Bombers coming hard, that is...

Lang off or just quiet?

Never mind- tell us later when you're doing the match report :) You ARE doing one, I hope?

Not liking that score too much! What happened? Apart from us being dead and the Bombers coming hard, that is...

Lang off or just quiet?

Never mind- tell us later when you're doing the match report :) You ARE doing one, I hope?

Haha this is my match report.

Notices Lang walking up the race early in the 3rd talking to a few of the senior boys, didn't appear injured do may gave planned to only play that much.

Goal to measures.

71-75 12 mins

I went and had a look for a quarter.. Only last that long as took my 2 and a half year old for the 1st time... And 1 quarter was enough haha

Was impressed with Bews from what I saw and Kolla, Bourke seems to float around on the outside, hardly saw Lang but he is quick.. ran down Leroy Jetta at one point in the 2nd.

Also another potential father son.... Pretty certain I saw one Joel Corey there (Hoodie over his head, sunnies on and a dirty bushmans beard) sitting next to a heavily pregnant female....

Also the cheer squad nuffies seriously ruin the experience... it's a VFL practice match FFS yet that halfwit Teach about 5 of his mates insist on trying to start Geelong chants and that awful awful Oi Oi Oi after every goal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back