VFL ROUND 11: Northern Blues versus Footscray

Remove this Banner Ad

Big shoutout to Josh Prudden who is the Mr Consistent of our VFL team. He is calm in the crisis and supports his team mates as a good captain should. I think back a few seasons when he was a contender for our senior team but injuries cruelled his chances. He's not overly blessed with natural skill but what he does is always his best. In another time he may have been a successful back pocket player for us.

We are still short a bit tall defender in the 1's so there is definitely a spot available. Hope he can make the step up and nail down a spot in the 22

We have to bring him in against Cox

jwu3jh7.png

thltnsd.png

Thanks for these stats each week Grimlock.

I didn't see the game so it's hard to know what's really going on just by looking at the stats. But anyway some things to note:
  • Richards with 8 tackles - has he been told to work on that? He even out-tackled West (6). Good sign - if you can't get hold of the pill, then get hold of your opponent. Whatever you do, make an impact.
  • 70 tackles is a sign of a side applying a bit of pressure (could also be a sign of a lifeless stop-start game but let's ignore that possibility for the moment)
  • Amazing K:H ratio of 2.25 will have Yojimbo in ecstasy
  • Cavarra not heavy on the stats but 2 goals every week would be enough to keep me happy. I presume he'll build on that in coming weeks after returning from injury.
  • Cal Porter's return was poor this week assuming he played a midfield role again. We had probably all written him off anyway, so anything we get is a bonus. His recent games had been good. He was even given the encouragement award of being named as an emergency for the seniors this week I think, so he was finally starting to show why we drafted him. Good luck to him and I hope he prospers but at this stage he still looks like being the first one cut in the off-season. Needs a big run of strong games to have any chance of holding his spot on the list.
  • Schache had reasonable stats and listed as 4th best yet Bevo apparently said none of the talls put their hand up for selection in the VFL game. Curious. Was Bevo just setting some expectations for team selection?
I note gcbc's comments from watching the live stream. Did anyone go to the game?

Gia seems to be going OK as coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for these stats each week Grimlock.

I didn't see the game so it's hard to know what's really going on just by looking at the stats. But anyway some things to note:
  • Richards with 8 tackles - has he been told to work on that? He even out-tackled West (6). Good sign - if you can't get hold of the pill, then get hold of your opponent. Whatever you do, make an impact.
  • 70 tackles is a sign of a side applying a bit of pressure (could also be a sign of a lifeless stop-start game but let's ignore that possibility for the moment)
  • Amazing K:H ratio of 2.25 will have Yojimbo in ecstasy
  • Cavarra not heavy on the stats but 2 goals every week would be enough to keep me happy. I presume he'll build on that in coming weeks after returning from injury.
  • Cal Porter's return was poor this week assuming he played a midfield role again. We had probably all written him off anyway, so anything we get is a bonus. His recent games had been good. He was even given the encouragement award of being named as an emergency for the seniors this week I think, so he was finally starting to show why we drafted him. Good luck to him and I hope he prospers but at this stage he still looks like being the first one cut in the off-season. Needs a big run of strong games to have any chance of holding his spot on the list.
  • Schache had reasonable stats and listed as 4th best yet Bevo apparently said none of the talls put their hand up for selection in the VFL game. Curious. Was Bevo just setting some expectations for team selection?
I note gcbc's comments from watching the live stream. Did anyone go to the game?

Gia seems to be going OK as coach.

The 8 tackles is a great sign. I'd guess you're spot on and tackling at the contest is a way to get involved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back