2nds VFL v Williamstown, Burbank Oval, Sunday June 26, 2:00 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

He played well on Saturday after a couple of quiet ones. Well, very quiet ones.
His biggest problem is a total lack of footy nous. Ditto Gregson, ditto Murdoch.

He took a few timely grabs around the ground but you just don't want him with ball in hand (or over a loose ball for that matter). Just not clean enough.

If Smith is right to ruck 90% of a game, Blitz can give him a spell and that opens the door for Clark IMO.

grimlock do they have clearance stats in the VFL at all? Would love to know Menegola's numbers in the middle.

Murdoch really is a whipping boy isn't he. He's come in and in 3 of the 4 games been at worst solid. He was pretty good against the Saints once again with a goal and a couple of goal assists which is very good for an outside midfielder. If we're playing him in a role where we want him using his running power to cover ground, give us defensive cover and an outlet on the way out I don't see why we'd drop him after he does that role well.

He does. But he also needs to improve on 8 disposals and a return of 0.0 too.

He did provide some good pressure hence the 8 tackles, however he struggled a little to get to the right spot to contest for marks. The conditions made it harder as the game wore on (I think Clark took his marks in the first half).

He was working hard so I thought that was a good sign. Still a long way to go.

Murdoch really is a whipping boy isn't he. He's come in and in 3 of the 4 games been at worst solid. He was pretty good against the Saints once again with a goal and a couple of goal assists which is very good for an outside midfielder. If we're playing him in a role where we want him using his running power to cover ground, give us defensive cover and an outlet on the way out I don't see why we'd drop him after he does that role well.
Agree. Can not see any reason he needs to be dropped apart from the notion that people here have it in for him. Any outside/unbiased analysis of him is not what he is made out to be here.

Agree. Can not see any reason he needs to be dropped apart from the notion that people here have it in for him. Any outside/unbiased analysis of him is not what he is made out to be here.
I don't think I have it in for Murdoch, but I really wish he would throw himself into a few more contests. I know he is an outside player, but if the ball is on the ground in a 50/50 id love to see a little more desperation and hardness from him. Someone who does this well I think is Ruggles. Sure he makes mistakes which can be costly, but at the very least I know he will always put his body on the line and not die wondering in any contest.

Haven't seen the Dogs game, nor the St.Kilda game, so can't comment. I definitely wasn't enamoured of his form prior to being dropped; but if he's being used closer to goal, and getting more possessions, then that's a big positive. I certainly am not against him remaining in the team - as long as it's up forward. I can easily see a spot for him there.

As I said, I'll need to see the last two matches before I comment further on how he's travelling right now.

Blunt but doesn't mean they're inaccurate. The reviews for Lang, Clark, and Menegola were quite reasonable, not surprising as they all went ok.

I thought Cowan and Vardy's descriptions were and are spot on.
Yes thought it was good to read some less biased views on players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back