VFL VFL vs WAFL on Saturday

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm surprised Kirk Ugle turned into an esteemed WAFL player! He did play some good footy at times. One of our ANZAC Day debuts wasn't he?

Indeed. The seventh of the nine Magpies to do so.

Started in the vest that day. Best remembered for being run down by Zaharakis after not hearing the call to play on in the final seconds of the game which almost allowed the Bombers to pinch it...

Jordan Kelly made the VFL Team.

There are a Few Ex-Pies in the WAFL Side:

• Kirk Ugle
  • Ryan Cook
  • Jye Bolton
  • Johanton Marsh
http://vfl.com.au/state-footy-returns/

So the amazing Corey Gault didn't make the cut after all, eh...?

With all that Collingwood representation, surely they pay tribute and wear the local black and white jumper of Swan Districts...:drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any reps from East Freo in the team?
To be honest without seeing the selected team I wouldn't know, moved over to Victoria mid-last year and haven't watched a game of WAFL since.

Think Jonathan Marsh is an East Freo boy off the top of my head, Ryan Cook has definitely been Souths for a long time.

Out of intrigue had a look at the WAFL squad - George Hampson the only other Shark and to be honest I know nothing of him.

Also the list I have in front of me has Corey Gault listed??

Edit: must've been the initial extended squad. Quite a bit of ex-AFL talent there.

Jordan Kelly makes the named VFL team on a half back flank. He'll be wearing #19.

Congratulations, Jordy!

Watch him smash it get drafted next year and have a successful career
It could well happen if one of the WA teams becomes interested, but I suspect he might need to have a shift in his attitude towards his playing position for them to do so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back