Voss could be the greatest

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, does anyone remember the transfer of the century, RDB off to Blues in 1965?

The earth shook.

4 years later, a flag, a further 2 another flag in the greatest GF ever.

Big shoes to fill does Voss have.

Well according to the gospel that is Urban Dictionary, the meaning of Voss is “any epic, ground shatteringly awesome, awe-inspiring, win composed, or blindingly cool thing. Also an extreme version of the word boss”.

Also, Michael “From the Hebrew name מִיכָאֵל (Mikha'el) meaning "who is like God?". This is a rhetorical question, implying no person is like God. Michael is one of the sevenarchangels in Hebrew tradition and the only one identified as an archangel in the Bible”.

So by definition, I think the OP may be correct as Vossy is a ground shatteringly awesome angel.

I shouldn’t say this in a post on the main board, but it’s very, very difficult to see where the Blues are going to miss a premiership this decade. I can’t see it. I’m an optimist. I look at them and their coach and think: ‘Gee, they’re a good bunch of kids and omg what a coach’, I love them and I reckon they will get the best out of themselves and they will have a decade for the ages never to be surpassed! (unless Vossy goes to a third club)

How well does the guy speak. He’s already looking like a head start on the greatest coaches of this century.

Gifted a great list and has got them going with potentially 6-7 starting elite players.

Blues make a prelim this year. Look out. The guy is coming on in leaps and bounds.
This will be his second shot at four flags in a row. Guaranteed he will do it.

No question.

Totally.

I shouldn’t say this in a post on the main board, but it’s very, very difficult to see where the Blues are going to miss a premiership this decade. I can’t see it. I’m an optimist. I look at them and their coach and think: ‘Gee, they’re a good bunch of kids and omg what a coach’, I love them and I reckon they will get the best out of themselves and they will have a decade for the ages never to be surpassed! (unless Vossy goes to a third club)
For me there are quite a few parallels with your Brisbane Lions when Leigh Matthews took over coach.
Brisbane had a talented list before he arrived but a lot of stuff went on at club in few seasons before it that even saw a wooden spoon thrown in a few coaches come and go. Lethal had to re-build the whole football department essentially and the rest is history.
Voss having gone through that experience as a player I have no doubt adopted some of those Lethal approaches to the situation he walked into at Carlton.
Lethal came in not really knowing what the upside was but was very open about what needed to happen to become a good team.
From the moment Voss has come in he also has been very open about what was needed was a contest first based game style. He has not deviated from it one bit from first press conference sitting next to the new CEO and new president at the time. Reporters were asking loaded questions about defence and offence but his approach was around "contest" and I loved that straight away. He also was in opposing coaches box a few months before in our worst performance for the year so I think he had a good insight into where our game style was screwed before this.

I will just enjoy the ride for rest of the decade.
One premiership would be nice but really hoping for a few to be honest and greedy.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watch random BF posters of other clubs use this thread as an example of how Carlton fans are getting way ahead of themselves.... when pretty much every Carlton fan in here has facepalmed except the OP.

I must say, most Carlton fans are still holding on tight hoping to make the 8. That is all I am looking at. I prefer say Brisbane winning to Doggies winning as it helps us make the 8.

This is how you know there's been a generation + change of Carlton supporters since the 90s. In the same position in the 90s, nothing would convince Carlton fans anything but a premiership will suffice.

Let's hope Carlton win a flag or 2 to bring the 90s arrognace back and so random BF poster can come on here and complian about it.

Watch random BF posters of other clubs use this thread as an example of how Carlton fans are getting way ahead of themselves.... when pretty much every Carlton fan in here has facepalmed except the OP.

I must say, most Carlton fans are still holding on tight hoping to make the 8. That is all I am looking at.
The reality is, our injury list is so bad right now, we would not be far off not being able to name four emergencies for a current match.
After two more players went down on weekend I think we left with only Paddy Dow, Stocker, Will Hayes and Caroll that could be reasonably expected to come in and do a role. Actually Carroll might have had a minor injury or some Co-Vid H & S protocols last week or something as do not think he played.
So it really is one week at a time right at the minute.
I feel Saints will bounce back after two crap games so it going to be a real test Friday night to get the four points. Lose that and you right back in the pack. The race for spots in top four and top eight is tight as it gets right now. You just got to find ways to bank wins and not think too many weeks ahead.

The reality is, our injury list is so bad right now, we would not be far off not being able to name four emergencies for a current match.
After two more players went down on weekend I think we left with only Paddy Dow, Stocker, Will Hayes and Caroll that could be reasonably expected to come in and do a role. Actually Carroll might have had a minor injury or some Co-Vid H & S protocols last week or something as do not think he played.
So it really is one week at a time right at the minute.
I feel Saints will bounce back after two crap games so it going to be a real test Friday night to get the four points. Lose that and you right back in the pack. The race for spots in top four and top eight is tight as it gets right now. You just got to find ways to bank wins and not think too many weeks ahead.
So you're saying Voss is NOT the greatest of all time... yet! What a waste of a thread!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back