Prediction Walking the tightrope - The Run Home

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering we're already in the top 8 i dont subscribe to the run into the ground theory. We're no longer walking the tightrope. Would have been a different story if we needed to win every game until finals to just make the 8. But weve got ourselves jn a position where even a loss wont derail us. Winning preferable of course.

Our destiny is in our hands

Considering we're already in the top 8 i dont subscribe to the run into the ground theory. We're no longer walking the tightrope. Would have been a different story if we needed to win every game until finals to just make the 8. But weve got ourselves jn a position where even a loss wont derail us. Winning preferable of course.

Our destiny is in our hands
Agreed. Not like we are doing a Richmond of 2014.

Champion Data gives us a 92% chance of making the eight and a 33% chance of making the four. Most likely finish is 5th.

Source: Twitter

DFe6QzuVoAAgXtz.jpg

5th or 6th is a good target to get.

Play Carlton at home in the last round. Have the bye and then another home game.

Can see us winning three away from home in the finals and if we happen to play an interstate team in the Grand Final it helps us out.

Won't have to play out in WA aswell which helps. Very doable.

Obviously top 4 is ideal but need results to go in our favour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched a documentary about that on SBS last night. They reckon the plagues were caused by a massive volcanic eruption on the Greek island of Santorini and the resulting ash cloud which reached the Nile delta. Like the one from the eruption in Iceland a few years ago but bigger. Interesting stuff.

[/offtopic]

That's like I don't understand all the posts saying "I think Sydney will run out of steam in finals", "if they make it it would of taken too much of a toll" etc etc. Sydney are playing the same amount of games as everybody else. Why would a long stretch of wins make them run out of gas?

I have also enjoyed reading "our speed will trouble them" week in week out.

I think it is more the emotional toll of having to play essentially 16 weeks of elimination finals to get there.

If or when it goes, it's likely to go like a broken elastic band with no possibility of a return to its form.

On the flip side if they get through the next 5 weeks in form going 4 and 1, the belief within the group will be that they are invincible and no one is going to stop them.

I think it is more the emotional toll of having to play essentially 16 weeks of elimination finals to get there.

If or when it goes, it's likely to go like a broken elastic band with no possibility of a return to its form.

On the flip side if they get through the next 5 weeks in form going 4 and 1, the belief within the group will be that they are invincible and no one is going to stop them.
"The invincibles" -love it

I don't believe we have to lose one any more than I believe in any biblical rubbish. We make our own destiny. We play the chance hand that life deals us.

This should read something like "I think we will .... etc" as you can't possibly know this for a fact.

Well obviously mate...I reckon most people would work out that a post on Bigfooty referencing the future is a statement of opinion, not of fact.

FWIW, i still reckon we will drop a couple

Undefeated to next season.

It's what I want.
It's what the club deserves.
It's the kind of fairy tale the AFL needs.

I have belief our best is the best and it is possible. It continues with us putting a formal end to Hawthorns season on Friday night.

Undefeated to next season.

It's what I want.
It's what the club deserves.
It's the kind of fairy tale the AFL needs.

I have belief our best is the best and it is possible. It continues with us putting a formal end to Hawthorns season on Friday night.
Put them to the sword. end the dynasty. The empire is dead. A new empire rises...

Well obviously mate...I reckon most people would work out that a post on Bigfooty referencing the future is a statement of opinion, not of fact.

FWIW, i still reckon we will drop a couple
We dropped so many to start the season that statistically we've done our fair share (yes I know that probabilities of future events are not predicated on the outcome of past events but on balance it should appease the footy gods). If we can continue our current run of form we can do it, and there's no reason to think we can't or won't. We have pretty much all senior players available for selection which gives us enough depth to rest players and cover any injuries. Experience has shown that depth is key at the pointy end of the season. We are the agressors, we are the hunters now. Our game plan works, belief is huge, and, despite our youth, we've got the most finals experienced team in the comp, even more so given we've been playing finals-like football for months now. Barring some unforseen (and completely s**t) run of bad luck (or umpiring) we have every reason to finish 2017 unbeaten.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back