Prediction Walking the tightrope - The Run Home

Remove this Banner Ad

You can say that again. For a while there was quiet resignation, then it turned into quiet optimism where those that were outwardly positive about the season were attacked with the whole, "don't jinx it" mentality.

One of the reasons I stopped posting here for a good 2-3 months, was because of overly negative retorts, negative points of views, attacking other posters for expressing themselves and just outright attacking posts they didn't agree with.

A few of those posters should immediately recognise themselves if they read this, and to be honest, this forum has been a bit s**t since the 0-6 start, where in seasons past it's been a pretty good place to post, regardless how the team is traveling.

I must say, I log on to talk footy, but not to read that every player is a useless campaigner and my opinions mean nothing, not that they ever did. I also don't log on to read other posters having a go at each other about their opinions in an unreasonable and occasionally completely unacceptable manner. It's not the facebook groups where everyone has to hold hands and sing kumbayah, but there's been a certain lack of respect and dignity here for a while.

/rant
Well said, agree with a lot of this

Yes we will make the finals. Making the top 4 would be extremely unlikely unless we win every remaining game

I have done the ladder predictor a few times and the only way I have us top 4 is if we win every remaining game. 5/6 is more likely, though stranger things have happened this year.

I have done the ladder predictor a few times and the only way I have us top 4 is if we win every remaining game. 5/6 is more likely, though stranger things have happened this year.

I did it several times and every time we win the flag

Get your tickets people

Reddit is the cesspit of humanity by the way.

Yeh some subs can be absolutely toxic, and the down-vote button is one of the worst things about it. Its supposed to be used for posts that are off topic (like this one) or offensive, instead any comment that disagrees with the current circle-jerk finds itself buried at the bottom of a page.

But the AFL sub is actually one of my favourite internet communities (aside from this board). Most are generally respectable and discussions don't just dissolve into "nice melt" or attacking the other posters team like the MB

That happens here too.

The real issue with reddit is the downvote function, but that's probably off-topic for this thread.

Reddit's problem is voting in general. It creates a hivemind no matter what the topic is about.

Yeah it mostly is. The AFL sub-reddit is way more positive than Bigfooty though, with heaps less dropkicks. Threads there basically never devolve into the sort of idiocy you seen on the mainboard here.

Except for their unacceptable love for BT.

Hawthorn at the G is our most likely loss. Aelaide played the most flawless game of football I can recall against us at AO last year. Everything they could get right, they did get right. But we still only lost by less than 2 goals. They're gettable.
Still not convinced that Geelong are a contender. They're a two man team and only a few others pop up for cameos. We beat them at Simmonds and the MCG last year. Shut Dangerfield down and we can win.

Saints, Freo and Carlton are games we just need to do our best and the results will follow.

Hawthorn I just can't see any way we can beat them. They're completely over rated atm but we have this mental barrier that means we turn to s**t against them.

At best we could go 5/6 from here. At worst......... no

Need a couple of results going our way. Melbourne winning this week will be handy as would GWS beating Richmond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We won't make the finals because historical statistics say that no team has done it after being 0 & 6.
Now we all know that on here you can't argue with stats.
Throw in that Towers & Macca are in our current best 22 & that only reinforces why we won't make the finals.

I better throw in one of these .....................:rolleyes:.

GWS can drop out of the four, hard run home and limping.

Will be going for Richmond, think we can overtake them in the run home and them beating GWS keeps top 4 more likely for us

GWS are starting to get players back. They may drop this game but that's about it. They will belt Geelong last round. They remind me of our side after the Carlton game...except they are in the top 4. Get Coniglio back this week, and Deledio is apparently close. Hopper and Tarranto over the next week or two

GWS are starting to get players back. They may drop this game but that's about it. They will belt Geelong last round. They remind me of our side after the Carlton game...except they are in the top 4. Get Coniglio back this week, and Deledio is apparently close. Hopper and Tarranto over the next week or two

No guarantees GWS hit the ground running with that many changes. Lose this week and they will feel pressure not to slip.

Their top 4 spot is gettable

They have copped a lot of criticism on most of the footy shows this week too which should fire them up.
Even winning all our games I don't see any of the top 4 dropping enough for us to get there so I'll be happy with 5th or 6th and a home final. With the bye before finals, top 4 isn't the huge advantage it was prior to last year, with the jury still out on if it's actually a disadvantage to win in the first week.

No guarantees GWS hit the ground running with that many changes. Lose this week and they will feel pressure not to slip.

Their top 4 spot is gettable

Rather rely on Richmond being Richmond and losing games they shouldn't than GWS falling. Richmond are more likely to drop a few with their run home in my view.

GWS (H)
Hawthorn (H)- neutral though MCG
Geelong (A)
Freo (A)
St Kilda (H)

That's a tough run home. Only the ST Kilda game you'd be confident in right now, possibly Freo but that is away.

They have copped a lot of criticism on most of the footy shows this week too which should fire them up.
Even winning all our games I don't see any of the top 4 dropping enough for us to get there so I'll be happy with 5th or 6th and a home final. With the bye before finals, top 4 isn't the huge advantage it was prior to last year, with the jury still out on if it's actually a disadvantage to win in the first week.

Considering our start if we come 5th or 6th it is a minor miracle. I actually have us coming 4th though.

Rather rely on Richmond being Richmond and losing games they shouldn't than GWS falling. Richmond are more likely to drop a few with their run home in my view.

GWS (H)
Hawthorn (H)- neutral though MCG
Geelong (A)
Freo (A)
St Kilda (H)

That's a tough run home. Only the ST Kilda game you'd be confident in right now, possibly Freo but that is away.

Yeah absolutely, so having them knock off GWS this week keeps the top 4 open and if we keep winning, we probably overtake Richmond

Yeah absolutely, so having them knock off GWS this week keeps the top 4 open and if we keep winning, we probably overtake Richmond

I just find it difficult to go for either side that's all. I'd rather GWS come 2nd or 3rd to be honest. Keep them away from 5th please. They are the LAST team I'd want to draw in the finals!

I just find it difficult to go for either side that's all. I'd rather GWS come 2nd or 3rd to be honest. Keep them away from 5th please. They are the LAST team I'd want to draw in the finals!

We obviously want the top 4 as open as possible

Let's not get too carried away about byes and what happened last year.

Top 4 is the place to be

We obviously want the top 4 as open as possible

Let's not get too carried away about byes and what happened last year.

Top 4 is the place to be

Won't be fussed if we come 5th, can easily win it from there. I have us coming 4th anyway, but then again I had us not dropping a game from here on. Originally I had us dropping the GWS game.

Would lol if it is a draw between those sides!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back