Europe War in Ukraine - Thread 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sanctions aren't UN approved.

They are US-led sanctions, not endorsed by the UN, as official UN sanctions are made by the UNSC, and Russia has a veto power - hence, no UN sanctions are possible.
Sanctions and other actions the Chinese dictatorship has blocked again and again which exposes their peace plan as just pro Russian PR and attention seeking.

Sent from my SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Key points in China's plan- West drops sanctions on Russia, west stops supplying Ukraine, West acknowledges Russia's security concerns, Ukraine agrees to Russian talks Sounds a lot like China is saying peace means Ukraine giving up and the West should let bullies do whatever it wants.

Its a load of BS. Point 1 is of their so called plan is respecting the sovereignty of all countries. Yet as they ramble on they make no mention that Russia has failed on this point and they don't make any mention of Russian troops leaving Ukrainian sovereign land. Instead they go on about appeasing the terrorists by lifting sanctions instead.

Add that they are not neutral and are actively helping the terrorists, the commies can stick their plan up their a$$.

There was a doco on SBS last night (presumably still on SBS on demand) called "the last days of Mariupol". Well worth a watch. If that doesn't help anyone see the absolute insanity of this "special military operation", nothing will.
Unfortunately the Russian people that need to see it and awaken to the insanity of their regime will not see it.

Sanctions and other actions the Chinese dictatorship has blocked again and again which exposes their peace plan as just pro Russian PR and attention seeking.

What actions has China blocked?

The UNSC makes sanctions and the 5 permanent member states (Russia, China, UK, USA and France) all possess veto powers. Hence, the veto (which Russia used, as opposed to China who thus didn't have to officially veto) will never happen.

To suggest that both Russia and China appear to want a multi-polar world is true. To suggest they refuse US imperialism is also true. And as sovereign nations, they have that right, as do all countries.

Equally, Russia has maintained a policy for at least 3 decades of not wanting a ring of NATO bases on their borders. Which seems fair enough, given they are ideologically opposed to Western democratic imperialism. I'd not want a ring of military bases surrounding Australia from a foreign power either.

That Russia crossed the border is true. But, they felt provoked and justified for reasons relating to their definition of sovereignty - much as the USA's "forward power" projection policy sees it happily build military bases wherever it so chooses.

Somebody is to blame for not turning the snags over before they been cooked to charcoal level.

Thanks for contributing your flatulent ejaculation dude.

I'm endeavouring to be reasonable, so I'd appreciate reciprocity or silence in the absence of that.

Emphatic appreciation in this promo vidas the Leopard tanks trundle closer to playing a role in defending Ukraine against the terrorists.

Klitschko tested the German Leopard tanks, which are so eagerly awaited in Ukraine. They are already being prepared for shipment! We are waiting! 💪
View attachment Ukraine_Leopard.mp4
[from this post on Trukha Ukraina TG]

Only many many months late...

I wasn't aware there was a posting use by date - apologies, I've been traveling since this time last year and after July, rarely had time, internet signal or inclination for BF.

Either way, reading through the preceding 10 pages prior to posting today, I'm inclined to think that the rational discussion ended long ago. But, hey, it's a free country, right? :p

I'm endeavouring to be reasonable, so I'd appreciate reciprocity or silence in the absence of that.
This is pretty much how the RF speak whenever they try to commit genocide and the victims fight back. The RF also claims it is trying to be reasonable(1), and demands reciprocity(2) or silence(3) in the absence of such.
1. Look at our clearly not fake referendums clearly not held at gunpoint in the main.
2. As we attempt to invade this country, it seems unfair that the victim nation blocks our way with mines. Please resolve.
3. Perhaps you'll complain less about our invasion if we directly and emphatically bomb your civilians.

So no, you don't get to demand anything, especially not silence. I suggest that you use the report function if you feel that your apologism is being treated unfairly. Because it's a free country, as you said (link) - and the worst you'll suffer here is an ultimatum to back up your words with data.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What actions has China blocked?

The UNSC makes sanctions and the 5 permanent member states (Russia, China, UK, USA and France) all possess veto powers. Hence, the veto (which Russia used, as opposed to China who thus didn't have to officially veto) will never happen.

To suggest that both Russia and China appear to want a multi-polar world is true. To suggest they refuse US imperialism is also true. And as sovereign nations, they have that right, as do all countries.

Equally, Russia has maintained a policy for at least 3 decades of not wanting a ring of NATO bases on their borders. Which seems fair enough, given they are ideologically opposed to Western democratic imperialism. I'd not want a ring of military bases surrounding Australia from a foreign power either.

That Russia crossed the border is true. But, they felt provoked and justified for reasons relating to their definition of sovereignty - much as the USA's "forward power" projection policy sees it happily build military bases wherever it so chooses.
Still doesn't justify the crimes against humanity Russia has committed in Ukraine, no matter what reason people like you, who support Putin's war, give.
One of the things I can't get my head around is how Putin supporters on this forum, who have access to both sides of the story, never mention (block out?) the killing, raping, kidnapping etc. or find some way to justify it or say it happens on both sides.

Might is not right. Russia has no right to tell Ukraine, or any other country, who they can or cannot join.
Russia has nuclear weapons (lots). Who the hell is going to invade Russia?

Just for those who aren't across the way the terminology works via translation, a "protocol" is essentially request to attend a hearing (a charge, if you well). 'Released with protocol' means they have to go to court later, 'without protocol' ... well, you'll get the gist.

In Russian cities, arrests are taking place due to the laying of flowers on February 24

In total, at least 59 people were detained in Russia on February 24 because of anti-war statements on the day of the anniversary of the invasion of Ukraine.

In St. Petersburg , at least two more people were detained while laying flowers at the monument to Shevchenko. Also in St. Petersburg, activist Andrei Belevsky-Lysov was detained and released with a protocol on “discrediting” the Russian army, who came out with a single picket.

New detentions also took place in Moscow . A man with a Ukrainian flag was detained at the monument to Lesya Ukrainka . At least two people were detained on Pushkinskaya Square. A picketer Aleksey Bunbich was detained there with a placard “No to war! Peace to the world!”, who was later released with a protocol of “discrediting”. Also, Maxim Zaitsev was detained on Pushkinskaya because of the inscription “no” in the snow.

In Samara, security forces detained three more people, picketer Vladimir Avdonin and two people filming him. One of the detainees was beaten in the face and his hands were wringed by the police in the department. In the emergency room, he was diagnosed with a contusion of the soft tissues of the neck. All the detainees were released after a lawyer from OVD-Info came to them.

Nadezhda Filimonova, a picketer, was detained in Komsomolsk-on-Amur with a poster "We're sorry, we're sorry that we pissed off the country." Reports of “resistance to the police” and “discredit” were drawn up against her, but the judge refused to consider them.

In Volgograd, Sergei Tkachev was detained , who laid flowers at the memorial urns of the hero cities of Kiev and Odessa on Mamaev Kurgan.

At least 48 people were detained in Russian cities during protests timed to coincide with the year of the start of a full-scale invasion of Ukraine, DOXA calculated from news in the media.

Most activists were detained in St. Petersburg - 19. At least 15 people were detained while laying flowers at the monument to the writer Taras Shevchenko. Three more people were detained during a solitary picket on Palace Square. The police arrested the protester, her husband and a random passerby. Also, 77-year-old artist Elena Osipova was detained in the city during an anti-war picket .

At least 10 people were detained on February 24 in Yekaterinburg . All of them were detained while laying flowers at the Mask of Sorrow memorial.

At least five people were detained at an anti-war rally in Barnaul . The police detained a picketer with a banner "Stop being silent", as well as four people who laid flowers on the Square of the Soviets.

At least six people were detained in Moscow . Volodymyr Ambartsumov, who came out with an anti-war poster, was detained near the monument to Lesya Ukrainka . Later, three more women were detained at the same place , and then two more activists - Yulia Konstantinova and Viktor Kapitonov.

In Korolev , near Moscow, near the railway station Bolshevo, a picketer with a poster "I am for peace" was detained .

Activist Nikolai Zodchy was detained in Khabarovsk , who went to a picket with photographs of Vladimir Putin on the air of Channel One. After a "prophylactic" conversation, he was released.

In Vladivostok , a local resident was detained who went to the central square with an anti-war poster. He was also released without a protocol on the offense.

In the Nizhny Novgorod region, Dmitry Mochalin, a municipal deputy of the city of Vyksa, was detained because of an anti-war picket . A man went out into the street with a poster “Peace to Ukraine. Soldier home.

In Irkutsk , near the monument to Babr, a local resident Alexander Zandanov was detained , who was standing with a poster “No to war. Russian warship, get back to ***. In the same place, a woman was detained with an anti-war picket .

In Kazan, a participant in an anti-war rally with the laying of flowers was detained . A protocol was drawn up against the woman on the “discrediting” of the military.

In Samara , a woman laying flowers was detained near the monument to victims of political repression . She was released without a protocol.

Rain tv moving to Denmark after lost licence in Latvia.
That's interesting. I heard something about their licence being up in the air in Latvia, but then it kind of slipped my mind. Do you have any links? Would be keen to find out what happened.

That's interesting. I heard something about their licence being up in the air in Latvia, but then it kind of slipped my mind. Do you have any links? Would be keen to find out what happened.
I literally was watching Foreign Correspondent 10 minutes back and found out about it.
So probably just find ABC on demand site and watch latest episode of it to find it.
I only caught the last 10 or so minutes of episode and the part about Rain tv caught my attention as had not been following what happened to them for many months after originally knowing they relocated to Latvia around the time this invasion started or soon after it. Basically just government watch dog in Latvia overly cautious by sounds of it.

This should be it.

Services are slowly beginning to resume in Kherson despite regular shelling of the city - more commonly than not of the civilian precincts. Two service centres of the "МВС" (Ministry of Internal Affairs)

The Ministry of Internal Affairs helps navigate civilian rights, liberties, law and order, traffic safety etc - and sits pretty much hand-in-hand with the police force in maintaining a safe and secure community.

The work of two service centers of the Ministry of Internal Affairs is being resumed in Kherson. From February 28, service centers [retracted] of the Ministry of Internal Affairs will provide services at [retracted].
[link retracted] - TG post link retracted as we sometimes get apologists here, and maybe they are collecting data. The source channel sometimes locks its posts against embedding and sometimes not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back