Europe War in Ukraine - Thread 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for contributing your flatulent ejaculation dude.

I'm endeavouring to be reasonable, so I'd appreciate reciprocity or silence in the absence of that.
You won’t get silence because that implies we accept your Putin bot propoganda.
No one here gives a flying * about Russian self serving justifications. Nor do we give a shot about this veto power that is also disputed by Ukraine (the veto was held by the ussr and so therefore unclear who really should hold it when user broke up) and when Russia is the aggressor I would personally s**t on that veto and stuff it down putins throat and set fire to it.

Would love to know more about the story that the head male propaganda guy on their state tv used to work for Rain tv at some point in the past.
That has me with more questions than answers apart from the general insanity of it all.
Yeah those Vecher hosts really do raise the question of whether they are knowingly parrotting a theme, part of the disinformation service (or just for ratings and kickbacks) or if they are truly convinced of the crazy things they say.

Yeah those Vecher hosts really do raise the question of whether they are knowingly parrotting a theme, part of the disinformation service (or just for ratings and kickbacks) or if they are truly convinced of the crazy things they say.
I truly think they do not care....they want to make Russia Great again at any cost and for any narrative even if they know the narratives are just made up for audience to buy into any narrative that will have them back their regime.

Equally, Russia has maintained a policy for at least 3 decades of not wanting a ring of NATO bases on their borders. Which seems fair enough, given they are ideologically opposed to Western democratic imperialism. I'd not want a ring of military bases surrounding Australia from a foreign power either.

That Russia crossed the border is true. But, they felt provoked and justified for reasons relating to their definition of sovereignty - much as the USA's "forward power" projection policy sees it happily build military bases wherever it so chooses.

Yet the terrorist state is happy to annex Ukraine, Moldova and eventually Belarus which would snug them up against the borders of 5 NATO countries....

Makes you pathetic propaganda attempt rather moot.

Yet the terrorist state is happy to annex Ukraine, Moldova and eventually Belarus which would snug them up against the borders of 5 NATO countries....

Makes you pathetic propaganda attempt rather moot.
Saying these places are a natural part of mother Russia, while at the same time, advocating that its essential for Russian security to have these countries act as a buffer zone between Russia and NATO seems contradictory.

Equally, Russia has maintained a policy for at least 3 decades of not wanting a ring of NATO bases on their borders. Which seems fair enough, given they are ideologically opposed to Western democratic imperialism. I'd not want a ring of military bases surrounding Australia from a foreign power either.
The issue has nothing to do with NATO, the issue is Ukraine was moving towards a western style democracy where the people have power and independence. Russia couldn't cope that Ukraine were no longer their puppet. In the end it wasn't NATO who rolled their tanks into Ukraine, it was Russia ( I'm aware irony NATO tanks are going to in Ukraine anyway as Military aid).

Putin wanted Ukraine to be at least a puppet state like Belarus, but even then that may not be enough if the news of Russia planning on annexing Belarus into Russia are true. Even now it appears Russia isn't going wait in conquering Ukraine and make a move on Moldova.

I think Ukraine would love to be in a position where joining NATO isn't an enticing aspect, but they want to for their own security. But Putin would have invaded anyway regardless if Ukraine seeked to join NATO or not.

I believe that a country has a right to independence. If the people of a country wants to merge with another I would be all for it provided it is conducted by a legitimate referendum (conducted by U.N neutral observers from neutral countries). Not conducted by an occupying force while at gun point where the majority of the original population have either fled or been killed (i.e the Russian way).

Last edited:
Absolutely incredible at this stage we still have Putinists still bringing up the NATO crap.

Finnish border is about to become another NATO / Russia border.

The facts are that Putin & co are actively moving military equipment away from there to Ukraine. Simply not the actions of a man who genuinely believes NATO is a threat.

The issue has nothing to do with NATO, the issue is Ukraine was moving towards a western style democracy where the people have power and independence. Russia couldn't cope that Ukraine were no longer their puppet. In the end it wasn't NATO who rolled their tanks into Ukraine, it was Russia ( I'm aware irony NATO tanks are going to in Ukraine anyway as Military aid).

Putin wanted Ukraine to be at least a puppet state like Belarus, but even then that may not be enough if the news of Russia planning on annexing Belarus into Russia are true. Even now it appears Russia isn't going wait in conquering Ukraine and make a move on Moldova.

I think Ukraine would love to be in a position where joining NATO isn't an enticing aspect, but they want to for their own security. But Putin would have invaded anyway regardless if Ukraine seeked to join NATO or not.

I believe that a country has a right to independence. If the people of a country wants to merge with another I would be all for it provided it is conducted buy a legitimate referendum (conducted by U.N neutral observers from neutral countries). Not conducted by an occupying force while at gun point where the majority of the original population have either fled or been killed (i.e the Russian way).
Well said but wasted on the particular idiot. The idea that Ukranian people themselves decide what they want themselves is well beyond these simple types that fall down the rabbit hole of Russian propaganda that is probably their first introduction to the place called Ukraine itself.

Ahhhh, yes. The righteous indignation. Predictable.

At no stage have I stated I am "pro-Putin" or "pro-Russia".

I have merely presented an alternative view, as per the mod post at the top "...whether to a poster positing a Pro-Ukraine stance or a poster positing an alternative view."

The pile on and assassination shows you are all happy to accept the view of American propaganda yet accuse me of falling for Russian propaganda.

Can you see the double standard there? This is how debate dies.

My position, FWIW, is the situation is far more complex than what is being "discussed" by you all. But that's a view that clearly offends.

No problem.

Enjoy your thread lads.

Yeah you walked into a human environment speaking inhumanely, ignoring the slaughter of innocent people. I hope I could correctly predict indignation. If I someone killed an innocent person in front of you, and you were upset about it, do you think you are acting overly indignant? [Yes] [No]

The pile on and assassination shows you are all happy to accept the view of American propaganda yet accuse me of falling for Russian propaganda.
What American propaganda? Is there any? Show us some. I mean, show us anything at all, that is a claim which came out of the USA re Ukraine conflict, but isn't matched by equal statements from basically everyone else outside of RF. Or are you just trying to be "anti-USA" (fine) using the blood of innocent Ukrainian civilians (not fine). Place example of specifically American propaganda, relevant to Ukraine conflict, here: ______________________

I have merely presented an alternative view, as per the mod post at the top "...whether to a poster positing a Pro-Ukraine stance or a poster positing an alternative view."
Why do you think an alternative view is acceptable? Truth is what the facts are. Alternative views are for religious nutcases, evolution deniers, flat earthers and anyone else who thinks data doesn't matter in epistemology. Data can change knowledge, surmisings can not.

Wording the discussion of genocide as a matter of debate is Irvingesque. You made claims and you got responses.

My position, FWIW, is the situation is far more complex than what is being "discussed" by you all. But that's a view that clearly offends.
Yeah the old "it's more complex than that" trope. Everybody knows that there are complex elements related to this conflict, but tbh I don't think a kid in Vinnitsia watching her foot fall back to the ground in front her could give too much a of a rats about someone moving a piece on a strategy board on the other side of the world right now. We have three threads chockers with varying contributions here. But it still comes down to terrorism and genocide and empire building overall, and I don't give a * if I missed a tidbit, I just want innocent people to stop dying. Will you agree that this is the primary concern? [Yes] [No]

No problem.
Not for you, I guess.

Enjoy your thread lads.
I have a Russian apologist friend who grew up in Luhansk and truly believes that Ukraine is full of Satanic Nazis among my friends. She has a scar from an explosion which demolished her house while she hid in a basement, that she believes came from the Ukrainian side, back in 2015ish - her uncle also died in this attack, iirc. If someone wants to tell me that I am not listening to both sides of the story sufficiently - it can be her, not some random who likes to turn the murder of children into their personal "arguing on the internet" plaything. I don't believe too much of what she claims, but I at least believe that she believes it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The simple mind of a silly sausage that lives in an imaginary world where it has to be American propaganda or Russian propaganda is the level of their thinking ability. Cry me a river....
Amusingly ignorant to the realities of how many different views there are they are neither of these.

Last edited:

At no stage have I stated I am "pro-Putin" or "pro-Russia".

No problem.

Enjoy your thread lads.
You haven't stated you are pro putin but your actions and commentary have shown you are just a more eloquent version of green hammer.

Sent from my SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

You haven't stated you are pro putin but your actions and commentary have shown you are just a more eloquent version of green hammer.

Sent from my SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The good ole "I don't support Putin he is a bad guy but _______________ __________"

Obvious vatnik is obvious.

The Russians had exactly that until recently with a neutral Ukraine, Finland and Sweden.
Then they go ahead and break that neutrality. So who’s at fault?

The good ole "I don't support Putin he is a bad guy but _______________ __________"

Obvious vatnik is obvious.
They all start the same. Good old conspiracy theories about the US leading the revolution in 2014 which forced Russias hand. Then when others respond listing the huge gaping holes in their BS, rather than responding to the topic, they get all defensive stating they aren’t pro Russian and throw their toys out with the cot. Every effing time like clockwork

Seems like Russia are making a huge push tonight at Bakhmut. Both north and south west of the city. Putin really needs a win after continuous failures elsewhere.

Situation seems to be becoming critical for the UAF in the town.

Seems like Russia are making a huge push tonight at Bakhmut. Both north and south west of the city. Putin really needs a win after continuous failures elsewhere.

Situation seems to be becoming critical for the UAF in the town.

Yeah the concept was to get Bakhmut for the 24 Feb anniversary of the 'Special Operation'. Which is of course like telling you I'll give you a brewery for your birthday, then turning up a year later for your subsequent birthday and saying "it's running late but I have ordered you a stubby holder which hopefully will arrive in the next couple of days".

My thoughts these days are that Ukraine might have been able to hold Bakhmut, but seeing as RF has spent countless tens of thousands of troops fighting for it, why not just slowly slowly feign being driven out while the attrition rate (human and machine) is approx a ratio of 10:1 out of whack.

Ehh my sentence structure was bad, hope that makes sense.

Roos9699 you posted a media link to RF vehicles getting demolished in Mariupol, is there a way to find out what they were hit with? Are we talking about Himars here? Drones? Mariupol is quite distant from the frontline! I'd be less curious if it was Melitopol, but I'm keen to find out more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back