WCE 2021 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah there is nothing good about having to play at the ******* SCG. Near certain L.

Hot Tip - watch out for the initial odds for the game, especially if we can beat Essendon - might be able to jag Carlton at $4+, especially before everyone realises we haven’t won there since before Shannon Hurn had a receding hairline.

Heard Karl Langdon talk about this Carlton fixture on the radio, saying they turned their back on half a mil. He then said when the time comes to split the dividend between the clubs it's rumoured the AFL are going to talk to the big wealthy clubs about slashing their share of the dividend to give more to the poor clubs - Carlton being one. I think if you turn your back on a cash injection due to special circumstances, the rich clubs have a right to say no.

Heard Karl Langdon talk about this Carlton fixture on the radio, saying they turned their back on half a mil. He then said when the time comes to split the dividend between the clubs it's rumoured the AFL are going to talk to the big wealthy clubs about slashing their share of the dividend to give more to the poor clubs - Carlton being one. I think if you turn your back on a cash injection due to special circumstances, the rich clubs have a right to say no.
The rich clubs are not going to accept it either. They are good at banding together to protect their interests. If the poor clubs want more money, they can start paying for it by giving up prime time TV slots, marquee matches etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the VFL have supposedly offered to bring forward our game against Richmond - which would mean pushing our bye back by a week. Realistically we probably won't get any of our injured stars back for it either way but still pretty average.

The AFL has agreed to a deal with the players’ association that no club will have to spend their bye weekend away from home if they don’t want to.

Richmond, for instance, who play Essendon in the Dreamtime match at Perth’s Optus Stadium on Saturday, are due for a bye the following week.

The Tigers’ round-14 clash, however, would see them return to Perth to play West Coast on the Thursday night.
The AFL has offered Richmond different scenarios, including pushing their bye back a week and staying in Perth to instead play the Eagles a week earlier in round 13.

But Tigers players may vote to return home to their families when they were scheduled, in which case the league would allow them to. The problem, however, is the players would have to then do a seven-day hard quarantine in Perth when they return to face West Coast.

So the VFL have supposedly offered to bring forward our game against Richmond - which would mean pushing our bye back by a week. Realistically we probably won't get any of our injured stars back for it either way but still pretty average.

Jack R & Cotchin are having a cry about being in a hub again and dont want to play if they have to hub for a long period again. They want to play next week and not be away from Melbourne for 3 weeks...

I'd like as much time as possible to get Yeo up and going, but you are right in that realistically there's not a lot of cattle due to come straight in after that bye. Those that might be 50-50 could come back rusty as well. We probably stand more chance with our fit B graders.

With all that said, we are ripe for the picking. Missing a host of our elite mids, Tigers getting the cavalry back in time for the game. If we win it at home, the media won't make much of it but it could be instrumental for us.

So the AFL will cave in to Richmonds demands.....we should not change the bye to suit them ...its crap

I would rather see a pause in the fixture for a few weeks then moving the bye ...but as we know the AFL cares more about Richmond than us

So the AFL will cave in to Richmonds demands.....we should not change the bye to suit them ...its crap

I would rather see a pause in the fixture for a few weeks then moving the bye ...but as we know the AFL cares more about Richmond than us

It's all about equity, and swings & roundabouts.

As a compromise, the AFL will accept our request for the next GF we make to be moved to Optus Stadium as we don't want to spend a bye weekend away from home.

EDIT: forgot to add sarcasm font.

I'd like as much time as possible to get Yeo up and going, but you are right in that realistically there's not a lot of cattle due to come straight in after that bye. Those that might be 50-50 could come back rusty as well. We probably stand more chance with our fit B graders.

With all that said, we are ripe for the picking. Missing a host of our elite mids, Tigers getting the cavalry back in time for the game. If we win it at home, the media won't make much of it but it could be instrumental for us.
F me, when was the last time we got a run at Richmond with a fit list? 2018?

Last year JK got knocked out and Yeo was injured. In 2019 I'm pretty sure we were missing someone as well.

I will be fuming if they move this forward and we get smashed. Outside chance to have some of Gov, Duggan and Kelly back after the bye.

F me, when was the last time we got a run at Richmond with a fit list? 2018?

Last year JK got knocked out and Yeo was injured. In 2019 I'm pretty sure we were missing someone as well.

I will be fuming if they move this forward and we get smashed. Outside chance to have some of Gov, Duggan and Kelly back after the bye.

2020 was the condensed fixture, and I think we started dropping players to injury off the back of the Tigers game. But if memory serves we were also supposed to host them in 2020 before Covid struck, so we missed that opportunity.

The only upside I see to moving the game forward is it takes away the temptation to rush players back for the game. If we have some 50-50s after the bye, MC might be tempted to bring them in. Playing a week earlier means those guys all get a line put through them and we don't risk them.

The injuries are proving quite frustrating. I was very confident we'd touch up the Dogs on our home deck as well to equal the ledger in 2021. Looks a bit less likely without our key cattle.

2020 was the condensed fixture, and I think we started dropping players to injury off the back of the Tigers game. But if memory serves we were also supposed to host them in 2020 before Covid struck, so we missed that opportunity.

The only upside I see to moving the game forward is it takes away the temptation to rush players back for the game. If we have some 50-50s after the bye, MC might be tempted to bring them in. Playing a week earlier means those guys all get a line put through them and we don't risk them.

The injuries are proving quite frustrating. I was very confident we'd touch up the Dogs on our home deck as well to equal the ledger in 2021. Looks a bit less likely without our key cattle.

Nah not happy Dan with the bye being moved to accommodate another team . I reckon the the club has been doing a lot of planning around the bye injuries players etc...reckon this will stuff us up even further

I understand the argument of risking guys earlier but I do not believe the bye should be moved ...its not our fault with what is going on why should we be punished?

TIGERS COULD CONSIDER SWAP — BUT IT CAN’T BE ‘UNFAIR’

Triple premiership Tiger says his teammates would consider the prospect of moving the club’s bye forward one week to help limit travel ahead of upcoming games, but believes the players would like “freedom” to move around.

In the wake of the recent COVID-19 outbreak in Melbourne, Richmond players last week had to fly to Sydney at short notice to prepare for their Round 11 game against the Giants, which was moved from the MCG to Giants Stadium.

Since their win over the Giants on Sunday, the Tigers have remained in Sydney with plans to fly to Perth on Friday ahead of Saturday night’s Dreamtime clash against Essendon, which was also shifted from the MCG to Optus Stadium.

The Tigers are then scheduled to have a bye in Round 13 before travelling back to Perth for a Thursday night game against West Coast at Optus Stadium.

Asked about the potential of swapping the fixtures to allow Richmond to stay in Perth and prepare for the game without flying home to Victoria, Prestia said: “For me it’s probably what we would be allowed to do in Perth.

“At the moment in Sydney we have a bit of freedom to still exercise on our day off and be able to train pretty normally and have meetings. I don’t think that’s the same story if we go to Perth at the moment.

“I think it would be a pretty unfair preparation for us if we have to stay in a hotel for a whole week over in Perth.

“I think most of the guys would be OK for it if we were able to have a bit of freedom and live life a little bit and not be stuck in a hotel for a week. I think most of the guys would be up for it, but at the moment we’ve pretty much been told our bye will be next week and we’ll have a couple of days off after the game. We actually don’t know yet what that looks like.

“We’re getting told day by day and things change.”

Nah not happy Dan with the bye being moved to accommodate another team . I reckon the the club has been doing a lot of planning around the bye injuries players etc...reckon this will stuff us up even further

I understand the argument of risking guys earlier but I do not believe the bye should be moved ...its not our fault with what is going on why should we be punished?

this season is going to be just as messy and unsettling for the players like last year. With no covid normal, its going to make things harder for us and other clubs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back