WCE peak Judd was better than peak GAJ and peak Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you expect them to get Ablett or Judd cuts?

The point is they don’t care about the other two and like Dusty so much they even wreck their hair.

Anyway to answer the thread, people who picked Dusty and Judd are the winners. Case closed. Purely just preference out of those two. Enjoy watching prime GAJ games at the Suns cats fans, absolutely riveting

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
A bit mind blowing to think that a team could have been as dominant as we were in 07-08 and not won a single flag from it.

Yeah it’s almost as if you weren’t as dominant as you thought. Crazy.

Oh so now you're saying GAJ is the reason we were so dominant? But you've just spent the last 20 pages trying to say that he had no impact on anything Geelong did

Oh so now you're saying GAJ is the reason we were so dominant? But you've just spent the last 20 pages trying to say that he had no impact on anything Geelong did

How did you get that from what I said lol?

So much goes into winning a flag. Including having to peak at the right time and hoping your opposition isn’t also on. (Which given the tigers charmed run with their grand final opponents, you should know all about).

Also one player can only have so much of an effect on a team. Which is part of the reason why I rate the peak of GAJ higher than Judd or Martin.

No matter what GAJ would put the team on his back and try and get them to a win. Just week in, week out of peak footy performance. Doesn’t matter how the rest of team was playing he was doing everything to get the win.

Martin or Judd could lift to that level and it seemed incredible. But what was more incredible to me was that GAJ was always at that level and if anything resulted in him being underrated because he set the bar so high.

None of them are close to Martin’s peak which involved single handedly dominating entire finals series’s which none of them did. They played well in them but in the biggest games none of them were able to single handedly turn more than 1-2 matches. Martin dominated and rose to levels nobody will likely match again. 2020 GF and 2019 QF for me are just unmatchable.

None of them are close to Martin’s peak which involved single handedly dominating entire finals series’s which none of them did. They played well in them but in the biggest games none of them were able to single handedly turn more than 1-2 matches. Martin dominated and rose to levels nobody will likely match again. 2020 GF and 2019 QF for me are just unmatchable.
Needs more hyperbole.

Pendlebury > Martin

So much goes into winning a flag. Including having to peak at the right time and hoping your opposition isn’t also on. (Which given the tigers charmed run with their grand final opponents, you should know all about).

Also one player can only have so much of an effect on a team. Which is part of the reason why I rate the peak of GAJ higher than Judd or Martin.

No matter what GAJ would put the team on his back and try and get them to a win. Just week in, week out of peak footy performance. Doesn’t matter how the rest of team was playing he was doing everything to get the win.

Martin or Judd could lift to that level and it seemed incredible. But what was more incredible to me was that GAJ was always at that level and if anything resulted in him being underrated because he set the bar so high.

GAJ was always at A standard but Dusty and Judd could get to A+ standard. They are obviously not as consistent though.

Needs more hyperbole.

He’s statically got the best BOG% rate of the 3 in finals by a long way, it’s not hyperbole. I think it was something like 75%, insane.

GAJ was always at A standard but Dusty and Judd could get to A+ standard. They are obviously not as consistent though.

GAJ’s best games are better than any Dusty or Judd produced.

Judd was electrifying to watch. Dusty played well in grand finals. They both fall short of the output GAJ had.

He’s statically got the best BOG% rate of the 3 in finals by a long way, it’s not hyperbole. I think it was something like 75%, insane.

No the argument was that no one would ever again reach the output that Dusty had in 2019 QF and 2020 grand final.

Except it only took a year for a better performance than Dusty’s 2020 grand final. Petracca’s gf last year was a better football performance just in a game that wasn’t as close. And in that same game Fritsch matched Dusty’s 6 goal haul.

BOG’s are just relative to other people in the same game. Doesn’t mean they are better than people in other games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Judd's peak was 2004-2007. In that period we played 10 finals and he featured in 9 of them. With the exception of the 2007 QF where he had been cooked for half a season after polling 16 Brownlow votes in 8 games then doing his groin he was BOG or in the bests in all of them. Anyone who thinks he didn't dominate finals series wasn't watching.

GAJ’s best games are better than any Dusty or Judd produced.

Judd was electrifying to watch. Dusty played well in grand finals. They both fall short of the output GAJ had.

Are they statistically better, or was his influence greater?

Watching GAJ at Gold Coast before his shoulder injury you had to marvel at some of the solo efforts he was putting in. 41 touches, 13 clearances, 8 tackles, 4 goals playing with 13 teammates that haven't even played 10 games, you have to doff your hat. But some of his high possession games with the Cats and Suns were a bit Tom Mitchell-esque. I'm not excited by a guy of Ablett's calibre racking up uncontested handballs.

Dusty has 3 40 disposal games in his whole career. Judd who played in a lower possession era has none. GAJ has 19. It's all about impact. Hence people still talk about Judd kicking 5 in a half in a home and away game in 2003. Dusty has never had 30 touches in a final let alone 40 yet has 3 Norm Smiths and we're here talking about his peak.

GAJ by a mile. Prime Judd was close (but he was at his best for such a short period of time). The only year Martin was close to Ablett was in his Brownlow year. GAJ was better than Martin's best year arguably 5+ times. Just an absurdly talented player. Had the benefit of watching arguably the best tagger ever in Cornes get absolutely destroyed almost every time they played against one another. Martin barely got tagged. Ablett would get tagged and get 40 and 2 every week. Martin is arguably amongst the best players of the past 15-20 years, but GAJ is the best ever. He's basically a 'insert one of the best players going around, but none of the weaknesses'. A Akermanis skill and goal kicking ability BUT racking up 35-40 touches instead of 25. A Paddy Dangerfield or Christian Petraca BUT much better disposal. Sam Mitchell's skills BUT lightning quick.

Don’t you guys find it weird that GAJ is meant to have the best peak and consistency yet his finals record isn’t as good as the other two and cats lost in 08 and did crap in 2010, they are apparently meant to have the best dynasty list too? Imo you guys aren’t remembering his bad games and are severely overrating him, he wasn’t unbeatable.

Simply put peak years include finals, GAJ didn’t achieve what the other two did in them. You can say he’s peak in H&A was the best but that’s it. He has never dominated a finals series, only BOG a few times in finals. Again the cats won without him in 2011 and lost with him in 08 and 10. 07 and 09 they win with or without him. GAJ is almost a non factor to the cats success. Not like the other two. Finals > H&A hence why their peaks are better imo if you look at the seasons as a whole.

No the argument was that no one would ever again reach the output that Dusty had in 2019 QF and 2020 grand final.

Except it only took a year for a better performance than Dusty’s 2020 grand final. Petracca’s gf last year was a better football performance just in a game that wasn’t as close. And in that same game Fritsch matched Dusty’s 6 goal haul.

BOG’s are just relative to other people in the same game. Doesn’t mean they are better than people in other games.

Wow can’t believe you think Trac 2021 performance was better than dustys 2020 performance. Dees won by 70+ points Dusty dragged Richmond across the line in a come from behind win. We looked gone, we don’t win without him. This is what happens when people just look at numbers and not the influence on the games.

Also comparing fritsch’s 6 goals and dustys 6 goals in their GF and QF respectively is wrong. One is a forward and one is a mid.

Bahahahaha good luck gentlemen. Enjoy

You just want to live in a world where the cats are the GOATs in everything. It’s ok to admit it, I bet you think GAJ takes the best dumps too.

Wow can’t believe you think Trac 2021 performance was better than dustys 2020 performance. Dees won by 70+ points Dusty dragged Richmond across the line in a come from behind win. We looked gone, we don’t win without him. This is what happens when people just look at numbers and not the influence on the games.

Also comparing fritsch’s 6 goals and dustys 6 goals in their GF and QF respectively is wrong. One is a forward and one is a mid.

Melbourne's premiership was also come from behind.

:whistle:

Don’t you guys find it weird that GAJ is meant to have the best peak and consistency yet his finals record isn’t as good as the other two and cats lost in 08 and did crap in 2010, they are apparently meant to have the best dynasty list too? Imo you guys aren’t remembering his bad games and are severely overrating him, he wasn’t unbeatable.

Simply put peak years include finals, GAJ didn’t achieve what the other two did in them. You can say he’s peak in H&A was the best but that’s it. He has never dominated a finals series, only BOG a few times in finals. Again the cats won without him in 2011 and lost with him in 08 and 10. 07 and 09 they win with or without him. GAJ is almost a non factor to the cats success. Not like the other two. Finals > H&A hence why their peaks are better imo if you look at the seasons as a whole.

That's because he barely had a bad game. You mentioning the 2008 GF when he had 34 touches and kicked 2 doesn't really help your case just because they lost. Tigers never faced any side close to the Hawks, Saints and Pies teams of that era.

Melbourne's premiership was also come from behind.

:whistle:

Trac wasn’t worth the 100 point turnaround. Your whole team smashed them. Regardless Trac 2021 GF was amazing and is better than any final from GAJ. Hope this puts things in perspective. GAJ is not known for his finals performances. Hodge, Bartlett, Ayers, McLeod and many other people are considered better finals players than GAJ even though they are not better overall.

Don’t get me wrong it’s fine to see GAJ as the overall best. But that doesn’t automatically mean his peak is the best especially in finals when the record say otherwise. He is not the best in every aspect of the game.

Trac wasn’t worth the 100 point turnaround. Your whole team smashed them. Regardless Trac 2021 GF was amazing and is better than any final from GAJ. Hope this puts things in perspective. GAJ is not known for his finals performances. Hodge, Bartlett, Ayers, McLeod and many other people are considered better finals players than GAJ even though they are not better overall.

Don’t get me wrong it’s fine to see GAJ as the overall best. But that doesn’t automatically mean his peak is the best especially in finals when the record say otherwise. He is not the best in every aspect of the game.

Thank you for letting us know

Remove this Banner Ad

Back