Bumped We don't play footy to lose - autopsy vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

I only did it because I ventured out into public on a Friday night, went inside, had a great time, got home late and thought yeh it’s nearly midnight
You have a new routine pre North Games

GC were pathetic. We just threw away the number one pick on a token win that meant absolutely nothing. If the players think that was worth a grain of salt the club is in a worse position than we thought.
Watch the players and staff after that game. It did not mean nothing to them. Crawl back under your tanking rock.

Mixed feelings , now watching raynor killing it against saints, having said that i would take ldu in a redraft no prob, but after losing the raynor cup brisbane shot into contention, for us was the beginning of a sustained crap period.

I sure as hell hope history dont repeat this time. And we have to go for curtain now.

Remove the question mark. Football is about winning. We are a football team. We just won. Enjoy it campaigners!!!
Thankyou!

100%

The emotion of it caught me off guard & I actually teared up when the group sung the club song.

20 losses in a row is crap in any sport. I needed that win to finish the most tumultuous year we’ve had in a very long time.

The last time we had a chance to win the last game of the season to avoid the spoon we beat Brissy & ended up with LDU.
This win is more important than where the pick lands. We’ll get a gun either way. The win is so important for the players.
The only way is up from here.
Also, look how quickly it has turned for Brisbane since that game.

Tarryn genuinely looks like he is invested.
He will win our next Norm Smith Medal.

Sheezel IS the Rising Star.

Larkey a genuine A grade superstar now & deserves, at the very least, an All Australian bench spot.
Side note: if another poster didn’t cut my lunch with my annual goal kicking tally thread, I would have updated it weekly & it would have been a fun arvo to see who won the jug of beer.
Alas, I’ll do it next year. Whomever started this years was not committed to the cause.

Can we have a rather large WTAF? for the selection committee? Even allowing for the confusion Clarko stepping aside created at the club we seem to have been poorly served by the selectors this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In this day and age of conspiracies, conflicts of interests, dodgy deals etc in AFL land, am I wrong go suggest that the AFL might have had a quiet word about our ‘assistance package’ should we finish 2nd instead of 1st? The howls of protests in club land was already at fever pitch because we were getting picks 1, 2 PA’s first rounder and that top 5 gun kid from tassie blah blah blah. Maybe it would be a far more easier sell to get some ‘assistance’ if we finished 2nd……

Anyway in the end glad we won and maintained some sort of dignity and respect as a club and avoided the media whores bashing us about tanking for the next decade.

Larkey should be captain next year. He’d kick 100 at a Collingwood or Port.

this may be conspiratorial but it's almost like a deal has been done for WCE to trade you Pick 1 for your Pick 2 and McKay compensation Pick. It'll probably be more complex than that and may even mean the AFL will look more favourably on the Sanders request.
That's the only way I can find an explanation for the craziness of the last 2 weeks!
Kudos to you guys, like us, you haven't tanked... and to Clarko who said you'd be trying to win.
You guys must be smoking some strong s**t over there in WA lol wtf even is this post?

It shows that we are a club that lost 20 games straight. Today's win means nothing.
Today's win means everything. Losing 20 in a row was disgraceful but to end it today shows we can actually compete without our best players out there.

It means that they can actually achieve something that is better than losing by 5 goals when the momentum swings and we sit here talking about another 'honourable loss' or whatever.

* that. You should be proud bro. Our kids showed something special today and Larkey kicked 9.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back