Autopsy We pissed it in v the pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Grundy gave away a LOT of ruck frees.

Most were probably there too.

Hope he sorts that out - as the free against count was getting into Ladhams territory.

the ruck rules actually seem pretty stuffed

He gave away. lot of frees and also got away with stuff too

Hope he sorts that out - as the free against count was getting into Ladhams territory.
It's okay, do not doubt our lord and saviour during his second coming. Praise be to our new ruck jesus 🙏

Ruck frees are always a flip of the dice i think Grundy is just trying to be aggressive or impose himself to much.

His second efforts/ground work is terrific.

We're *in on this year boys

I know it's early days but the only team I'm worried about is Brisbane because they've matched up well on us in the past but if we play like we did tonight we're going to be very hard to beat.

Yes, Brisbane... but I'm crystal balling an all Sydney final at the moment.

It's definately *in on this year, the lid is god knows where and won't be needed for a handful of years

Goal kicking is a massive issues. Its was a great win but we tidy up the ki king and we win that by 10 goals.

I'm a Heeney critic and ill happily have a nibble on my hat He has been brilliant. Hopefully a coming oh age. I'll reserve my judgement until the mid season bye

Really promising signs as a side, we certainly look a lot sharper than Carlton for example.

Who doesn't love Gulden when he kicks the footy? Like poetry in motion 🦿.

Tonights game, scoreline flattered the Pies but you have to love this footy club in how we go about it. Heens super, Logan excellent, Warner and I could go on. Grundy gives us dynamic and first use more then ever. Coaching, Horse wad great!

I don't live in Melbourne anymore and would have loved to attend tonight but I still felt a part of the crowd cheering the lads on.

This is why I love the game, this club for seeing effort like this.

Long season and I hope we continue the effort but regardless our culture remains the same as it always has since we became who we are now.

Bloods, SM-SS footy club
Never give up.

Fantastic result built on relentless pressure, clearing the ball and getting into space. Again a very even performance. The Pie's defence outsmarted themselves by trying to zone off and getting caught out. We could have scored 130+ if we had kicked straight plus we gave up 3 in junk time. True score 130-50. That's how much better we were.
Now we need to avoid drinking our bathwater.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely not sold that’s for sure

Loving my time ATM
I didn't watch it, but if he used the words "atm", to me that's an indicator that he's got a limit to the time he's expecting to spend in Sydney.

You'd generally expect someone to say I'm really enjoying my time in Sydney.

What he's saying is sort of like... "I'm enjoying my time in Sydney currently, but..."

Speaking of pissed. I'm pretty pissed we took our foot of the pedal at the end there and some seriously stupid calls from the umpire's which led to them kicking 3 junk time goals. We should have won that by 60+. We were the far superior team all night and to walk away only 5 goal winners was really disappointing. Just not reflective of how dominant we were.

Great win, Heeney has to stay permanent mid.

I am still not sold by Logan and Amartey, even last week we got a lot of goals from the mids. They have the whole season to work on this but they need to kick more goals. Logan 3 freebies and 1 'proper' goal

Nice work Swans

33 points soooo flattered the Pies. Anywhere else in Australia but the MCG where their "army" influences the umpiring and you beat them by 10+ goals

I swear if I see that Umpire's love child Nick Daicos get one more soft as butter free kick I'll do a Terry Wallace and SPEW UP!!!

You truly crapped all over them. Loved the Swans run and gun forward handball game, especially through the centre of the ground They seemed totally bamboozled by it and totally buggered it up by tryng to counter it with a high risk a and highly unsuccessful counterpunching strategy from their half back line.

My biggest regret right now is knowing that if my beloved Lions had brought anything like their A game to the 2023 GF we would have exposed the Pies as brutally as the Swans did tonight:'(

Great win, Heeney has to stay permanent mid.

I am still not sold by Logan and Amartey, even last week we got a lot of goals from the mids. They have the whole season to work on this but they need to kick more goals. Logan 3 freebies and 1 'proper' goal
Harsh on Logan. 3 of his goals were from freebies, but his work rate was immense and he had quite a few score involvements.

I don't think relying on our midfielfers for goals is a terrible thing. It's been a defining feature of most flag teams for the better part of the last decade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back