Premiership Player
Nov 19, 2006
Semaphore
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
With Burton in the centre.
Then we can have the 3B's centreline - Berger, Burto and Burger o_O
I'm not a huge Burton fan.

He's a bit of a downhill skiier and not great at the accountability stuff. Good enough player.

I remember a portion of play against the Giants in the final that really irked me. He was leading his opponent to a free ball on the wing. It was the last quarter and we were down by 10 maybe 2 goals and Burton just basically took the ball to the line. Now, that is team rules and we get to reset and play our clearance, stoppage game but he was first to the ball and had an advantage, even though it was team rules, we needed someone to step up and do something out of the box, beat an opponent one on one and thrust into the F50 and as they say in the NFL, make a play.

It was an example of that robotic type Hinkley football player we have. They are a team but not given the chance for individual brilliance.

When you listen to both Aliir and Houston after both final loses last year, you hear that a loss is the team's fault and that's it. Now, the team play is important but so is the individual matchups which are completely related to the team and how they play.

I will harp on about it but Kozi Pickett basically won the game in Alice Springs in 2022 with a match winning 6 goals IIRC and no one was held accountable. He was the difference. The entire backline was held accountable and then nothing was done because it was the 6 or 7 backmen's fault so there is no real finger pointing at an individual level and I'm pretty sure someone was on him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back