List Mgmt. Welcome National Draft Pick 7: Hunter Clark

Remove this Banner Ad

I am so thrilled with this selection. Not because he said he tries to base his game on Nathan Fyfe attacking everything in the air as well as on the ground. Not because he can kick off both feet. Not because he loves a tackle and can play inside or outside. But because he has GRIT. Made of the same stardust as Winx is our man. And that's why he WILL be an AFL A grader.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You guys have been big on Hunter for a while, delivering the news on Wednesday that should he be available, you would select the Mornington Peninsula local.

Will start life of as a running half back, who takes the game on. Is able to use either foot, and whilst he may look ready to rock and roll in the middle, inside mid is a role he was only learning in 2017 so be patient and he will become one in the future.

Strong through the hips, he has an innate footballing ability that will remind you of Jason Johnson from the Essendon side of yesteryear. Will take the game on but bring team mates into it.

Anyways, yet another Stingray to add with Clavarino, Roberton, Savage, Minchington, Rice, Lonie, Battle, Wright, White.

Good luck for 2018 guys

In that final late in the year where LDU keeps getting pumped up for bringing Dandenong back from a 50 point deficit to win, with his huge finish to the game, apparently Hunter was one for them who was trying his guts out all game and he registered a whopping 16 tackles for the match (to go with his 24 disposals)!

Think that tells you an awful lot about what he's all about.

Could Clark start off rotating around with billings gresh mav at half forward? I know he has played predominately half backnhut I don't see him fitting in there.

Could Clark start off rotating around with billings gresh mav at half forward? I know he has played predominately half backnhut I don't see him fitting in there.
Yeah HBF would be the easy answer, but if that happens it pretty much means there's no opening for either White (who I would have thought we'd be super-keen to get games into), or Coffield and that's if there's a spot available for any of them (which means they may have to push out a Robbo/Savage/Webster/Geary/Gilbert, which is easier said than done).

So it wouldn't surprise me if he's eased into it up forward, like say how WB played Dunkley in 2016. But that's if he can get a game ahead of the likes of Armo/Koby/Acres/Freeman, or we have injuries!

Yeah HBF would be the easy answer, but if that happens it pretty much means there's no opening for either White (who I would have thought we'd be super-keen to get games into), or Coffield and that's if there's a spot available for any of them (which means they may have to push out a Robbo/Savage/Webster/Geary/Gilbert, which is easier said than done).

So it wouldn't surprise me if he's eased into it up forward, like say how WB played Dunkley in 2016. But that's if he can get a game ahead of the likes of Armo/Koby/Acres/Freeman, or we have injuries!

The good thing is that players who are playing injured or poor form will need to sit out. I hope we don't do another year of playing guys like Mav who were more liability than contributors. There are no gifted spots any more, things are getting tight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back