Welcome Michael Voss - The Real Boss!

Remove this Banner Ad

listening to our new ceo talk about the selection process being as good as any he has been involved in, should fill us all with great confidence that we have got the right man-Voss. His emphasis on leadership on all lines, is what got him success and he knows what to do and how to get it.
If we arent finals bound then I know nothing

I hope he’s watched the dogs handball techniques
The amount of times they raise the arms swivel the body to handball from chest height or higher even when not tackled is something I’ve liked about there play
Instead off loopy handballs over the top they seem to round arm punch from higher with a lot more of direct line to there team mates
The secret of the Dogs and now the Demons is never actually perform a legal handball. Make sure they are all throws/shovels and the umpires won't pay a free for any off them. Occasionally put in a dodgy handpass and it will get called every time.

Listening to our new CEO talk about the selection process being as good as any he has been involved in, should fill us all with great confidence that we have got the right man-Voss. His emphasis on leadership on all lines, is what got him success and he knows what to do and how to get it. If we aren't finals bound then I know nothing.

There's never any guarantee even when you get the process right. But you're far more likely to get the result right if you get the process right. I'm delighted with what I've seen from the club over the last month.

From a young Port player
- All the players rated him as a coach
- He spent a lot of time with the young players developing them
- Ran their leadership and culture program for the last couple of years which they all thought was fantastic
- Really good communicator to get message across and people to buy in

It is becoming clear to see why the selection panel rated Voss so highly. These are all qualities that, from the outside, are qualities we have lacked.

I'm actually becoming quite excited to see what Voss and his coaching staff can produce. I don't expect the results to be instant, but feel we are finally on the right track for sustained success.

From a young Port player
- Ran their leadership and culture program for the last couple of years which they all thought was fantastic

This is great to hear and has eased a few of the concerns I had about him, seems he did learn a thing or two after leaving Brisbane

It is becoming clear to see why the selection panel rated Voss so highly. These are all qualities that, from the outside, are qualities we have lacked.

I'm actually becoming quite excited to see what Voss and his coaching staff can produce. I don't expect the results to be instant, but feel we are finally on the right track for sustained success.

I will first mate your captain ship .Lovely post .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Eldest son is close with a sibling of a current listed Carlton player. Eldest son asked sibling what currently listed Carlton player thought of Voss being appointed.
Sibling said players already had an online meeting with Voss and were super impressed with what and how he said things. Came across as genuine and Voss stated that if you're deserving of a game based on form, you will play irrespective of how long you've been at the club. That's how it was when he played, that's how it is at Port and that's how it needs to be here. Younger players enjoyed hearing this and are keen to show their worth to him.

Eldest son is close with a sibling of a current listed Carlton player. Eldest son asked sibling what currently listed Carlton player thought of Voss being appointed.
Sibling said players already had an online meeting with Voss and were super impressed with what and how he said things. Came across as genuine and Voss stated that if you're deserving of a game based on form, you will play irrespective of how long you've been at the club. That's how it was when he played, that's how it is at Port and that's how it needs to be here. Younger players enjoyed hearing this and are keen to show their worth to him.

Expected as much ... good form ==> game time.

Some selection integrity would be great to see after the past season’s efforts.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

There's never any guarantee even when you get the process right. But you're far more likely to get the result right if you get the process right. I'm delighted with what I've seen from the club over the last month.
of course. There is always luck involved. There are 17 other clubs all trying to do the same thing. None of them are bunnies anymore. Its that extra 2% that makes the difference

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And at the very least we have a guy who was a Blues supporter and is super-excited, and I think genuinely humbled, to be given the job.

Not something we could have said about Ross or Clarko.

From a young Port player
Make's me wonder if some of our players will not have the character required to live to those standards.

If you asked me a month ago how I felt about Voss being coach I would have said no way.
I am now feeling pretty positive about his appointment and other Carlton supporters I know feel the same.
Lets hope we got it right this time.

We can only go along for the ride :) I like the demeanour of him .. hasn't back peddled on anything he has said so far ... just culture, expectations and ACCOUNTABILITY.

Ticking the boxes so far ... lets see what talent the club can put around him.

Matt Kennedy rejoices!

If you asked me a month ago how I felt about Voss being coach I would have said no way.
I am now feeling pretty positive about his appointment and other Carlton supporters I know feel the same.
Lets hope we got it right this time.
I was the same, very much the typical "wHy cRaZy voSSy" type of poster.

Other than his words and what Port players say about him, learning (well, it was news to me) that he was a Blue boy from way back also helps. While it doesn't usually mean much in the industry, the guy clearly knows our rich history and has that connection, as well as the right attitude towards accountability and what needs to change at the current day club.

That's ticking all the right boxes for me.

I’m curious on what our game plan will be does borrow a lot from Port
Would love to hear the tactical part of his presentation

Have it on strong authority it was 1 slide:
  • You know how Teague sent everyone forward so the ball came back twice as fast over our heads on the counter?
  • Not like that
  • Questions???

So do we reckon Vossy will coach from the bench like he did at Port?

Could go either way.

Brand new coaching panel, so he may be better off in the box working in close proximity to them. I think the senior coaches that operate from the bench would typically have some experienced assistants who they trust implicitly to read the game and make the changes they see fit, or at least very clearly and efficiently communicate their observations and recommendations to the senior coach.

But as a new coach wanting to establish connections with his players, being on the bench certainly holds some value.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him spend most of his time operating from the coaches box, with the odd boundary-side appearance when things aren't going well and his physical presence can have an effect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back