Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Calsher Dear!

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty nice highlights package for a key forward who went late. Good contested marking and moves well. What’s the knock - consistency? Production?
Apparently didn't show a huge amount until the latter part of this season.

Completely understandable after his last two to three years...football would have been a secondary consideration.

Pretty nice highlights package for a key forward who went late. Good contested marking and moves well. What’s the knock - consistency? Production?

Mitch Lewis is a good mentor as someone who had some similar traits and went late.
His coach mentioned in one of the podcasts that things didn’t come together for him until very late in the season so I think consistency would be one factor (but very understandable given the circumstances).

Perhaps speed and agility could be others but I would imagine these will improve given how interrupted his underage footy has been.

Just saw his highlights for the first time. Seems to have his Dad’s uncanny strength and strong hands?

For those who’ve seen more of him is that right?
He also has good vision from the vision. A couple of times he'd take a grab and move the ball on to an open teammate.

just watched the interview, super happy for the bloke, considering losing his dad and ending up at his dads club :(

I was at the 91 GF, Paul was awesome...

anyhow, the kid has some good skills, looks really good disposal under pressure, and can take a good mark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks Redman - saw plenty of Paul and Greg back in he day but wasn't aware of that background. Wonderful pedigree.

No problems Slainte.

If it also helps, it can be stretched out because Herb Sr played in the VFL and his grandson, also Herb Matthews, did likewise.

Herb Matthews.
It's a South Melbourne thing.

Great info. Thanks mate. You're welcome here anytime.

No problems Tyles.

If there's a family connection in the VFL/AFL, I like to know about it and can be found on top of it generally.

Calsher has a chance of being player No. 6 in his extended family.

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Calsher Dear!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back