Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Calsher Dear!

Remove this Banner Ad

Send Roughy to CHB
friends telling GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Took a great contest mark in a pack at training today
Contested marks are so difficult that +2 per game puts you among the elite of the competition as a forward.
What I liked about Dear is that he not only takes contested marks, but really throws himself into packs and takes the grab.

He genuinely looks hungry for the ball in the air.

At the risk of starting another height related discussion on here, has Calsher had a growth spurt?

Listed at 195cm but in today's interview video he looks comfortably taller than McCabe who is apparently 197cm

Not the best screenshot and I know camera angles can be funny but I struggle to believe he is shorter.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231127_170829_X.jpg
    Screenshot_20231127_170829_X.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 156
Yep, very hopeful of this.

The most 'upside', as in we may not have seen him at his best, due to circumstances.
Safe to say no-one has seen his best yet. I think he's going to surprise more than a few footy pundits after a full pre-season and all those troubles behind him. He may well turn out to be one of the jewels of the draft.

At the risk of starting another height related discussion on here, has Calsher had a growth spurt?

Listed at 195cm but in today's interview video he looks comfortably taller than McCabe who is apparently 197cm

Not the best screenshot and I know camera angles can be funny but I struggle to believe he is shorter.
I was just coming in here to say exactly that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back