Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Will McCabe!

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s interesting how these things work (player heights and genetics).

Seeing other clubs’ father-sons, e.g. Fletcher, Scarlett, Hawkins, Cloke, Richardson - I remember thinking it would be great to get a KPP ourselves to structurally transform our side.

It seemed like all ours were mids and shorter than their dads - Will Langford, Steve Greene, Josh Kennedy, Finn Maginness, Paul Hudson…

So to finally get a couple of promising genuine KPP prospects in Dear and McCabe- how exciting!
Lewis is exciting too just a bit more injured

Ah * imagine if him and Dear come good. I might start crying
Sesame Street Fainting GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really looking forward to seeing how this kid goes in the coming weeks and will be one of the main reasons I'll tune into BHH games. He'll likely line up alongside DGB and Bodie which is a pretty decent unit even if Phillips goes in for end of season surgery.
Phillips is only 2 weeks off with the surgery.

Really looking forward to seeing how this kid goes in the coming weeks and will be one of the main reasons I'll tune into BHH games. He'll likely line up alongside DGB and Bodie which is a pretty decent unit even if Phillips goes in for end of season surgery.

McCabe, Scaife, DGB, Ward, Bennetts, Ramsden and Bennetts are who I am looking forward to being in the same team.

Imagine McCabe showing the same level of talent and promise as Dear.

It would be like getting Bud and Roughy in the same draft again and would fast track our progress so much!

It would be like getting Bud and Roughy in the same draft again and would fast track our progress so much!
As much as I love the enthusiasm I think it's important to temper the comparisons with two all time greats. One has played 5 games and the other hasn't debuted yet. I agree that McCabe making it will definitely fast track things for us. There's no rush with him though.

bud & rough are unicorns.

but if Will can sneak a game or two in the seniors & shows a bit then our KPP talent will make media, more importantly player managers & players take serious notice.

here we come

As much as I love the enthusiasm I think it's important to temper the comparisons with two all time greats. One has played 5 games and the other hasn't debuted yet. I agree that McCabe making it will definitely fast track things for us. There's no rush with him though.
It wasn’t meant to come across as a direct player comparison with two all time greats.

I was trying to suggest that it would be huge to grab two high quality KPPs in one draft, like the 2004 draft.

McCabe, Scaife, DGB, Ward, Bennetts, Ramsden and Bennetts are who I am looking forward to being in the same team.
As Topiary has mentioned a couple of times, I'd like to see McCabe trialled as CHF.

HF: .........McCabe...........
FF: ..........Scaife....Rambo

I know there's a bunch of reasons it'll not line up as above (at least this Season), but I'd love to give it a run & see how the boys compete.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back