List Mgmt. Welcome Tom Hickey

Remove this Banner Ad

So basically:

Lycett + Pick 39 + Future 4th

for:

Hickey, Pick 20, Pick 60, Saints Future 4th rounder and presumably a little bit of cap space.

A good result.

We may need another ruckman though? Risky to assume Vardy plays every game.

Whilst his ruckwork isn't the greatest he does move around the ground quite well. Welcome Tom and hopefully can be a success!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably picked up the right one out of Hickey V Roughead.

Roughead would've forced us to lose the Lycett compensation pick which should be a key part to the hoepful Kelly trade.

I trust that the clubs medical staff did a thorough exam because he can be prone to injury but if he turns into another Vardy it's happy days for Crazy Vozzo and co.

Welcome Tom, 3rd club lucky we hope.

‘And even with Hickey closer to the end of his career than the start, having Naitanui in his ear in his capacity as a ruck consultant could add an extra dimension to his craft.
Hickey hasn’t really had a teammate providing that kind of wisdom shy of a solitary season alongside a young Ben McEvoy in 2013’

With the right support and environment..prepare to become a superstar Tom :thumbsu:

Roughead would've forced us to lose the Lycett compensation pick which should be a key part to the hoepful Kelly trade.

I trust that the clubs medical staff did a thorough exam because he can be prone to injury but if he turns into another Vardy it's happy days for Crazy Vozzo and co.

Yeah I initially went to comment that it's interesting we liked him more than roughed but the net compo makes sense

‘And even with Hickey closer to the end of his career than the start, having Naitanui in his ear in his capacity as a ruck consultant could add an extra dimension to his craft.
Hickey hasn’t really had a teammate providing that kind of wisdom shy of a solitary season alongside a young Ben McEvoy in 2013’

With the right support and environment..prepare to become a superstar Tom :thumbsu:

Yep, Just look at the improvement and output Vardy/Lycett made this year. I chalk this 100% up to the coaching staff and also Nic Nats influence.

They wouldn't have taken Roughead via FA. Could've offered the same pick to the Doggies to grab Roughead. Plain and simple, they rated Hickey over Roughead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back