Analysis Well, who would have thought? Pies defeat Giants by 32 points!

Remove this Banner Ad

A very happy thread, I don't want to put a downer on it but some things need to be said.
Last week was multicultural round. A round dedicated...well...to me. Australians with foreign backgrounds.
On this of all days the three people who I have been most critical of.....Cloke, White and Buckley decided to stick their middle finger up at me.
Shame, shame, shame.
Pretty rude of these guys to make me look like such an idiot on a day dedicated to me.

End rant.

P.S I reckon I have watched the second quarter half a million times and Blairs snap from the boundry still makes me giggle.
I did too, so take that!

I'm planning on cracking a few Monteith Doppelboks tonight, perfect weather for a strong, dark beer. Warms the soul.
Have you tried this beer I think from Belgium or Italy that comes in a bottle that looks like a bottle of champagne but is a beer that was crafted originally by monks ? It's very good if interested I can find out the name

No - but I guess I would be if I was obsessed with Canine Proctology.

How old are you? Serious question, because I'd be shocked if anyone over the age of 30-35 hasn't heard of that saying before.

Sun shines on a dog's arse some days?
Broken clock is right twice a day?

Absolutely rubbish to say he slightly curbed it. I am beginning to think you just looked at the stats sheet. Of that 20 possies he got home many times did he kick it to himself? What where his meters gained and how did that compare to normal? How many intercept marks did he take? What was his score involvements like.

Compared to other matches I have seen him play he hard little or no impact. He has been arguably the giants best player this year and from what I could see was not named any anyones best and that was in their worst performance of the year. That in itself suggests he was well done on his usual output.

I think we all agree that Caf is close to finished but to say he was in our worst few is ridiculous.

No that was my evaluation after the game before I looked at the stat sheet. Watching him behind play Shaw turned Maccaffer inside out easily some instance which led Shaw to get a position other times GWS didn't use him when they should. Compared to other matches Shaw was down but he still had an impact.

No that was my evaluation after the game before I looked at the stat sheet. Watching him behind play Shaw turned Maccaffer inside out easily some instance which led Shaw to get a position other times GWS didn't use him when they should. Compared to other matches Shaw was down but he still had an impact.
Now I have to watch the game not only for Blair but also to see what Caff and Shaw did! Think I might have to watch it three times, damn.:p

I believe you said in a post on game day(or something along the lines) that he was our worst player. he was no where near it. He played his role well. I would argue that anyone who does not think that knows very little about the game.

I am willing to bet the coaches gave him copeland votes for this game. I bet that valued his performance.

I'd argue anyone who thinks Maccaffer wasn't near our worst doesn't know anything about footy either. It would be a toss up between him Aish. He played a role and slightly curbed Shaw's influence. I'll give him that. ut other than that didn't contribute much to anything else and I think atleast 20 players played a more important role that game.

Now I have to watch the game not only for Blair but also to see what Caff and Shaw did! Think I might have to watch it three times, damn.:p

Why Blair?

I thought he played well.

Does anybody know approximately when Maynard gave Stevie J a bit of a touch up? I can't seem to find the vision.

Of course he did.
We are closing in on the win/loss record vs the Bloose.
Which side do you think he is on? And why do you think he wants Blair to stay on?
I thought it would have been more about how none of his team-mates did it for him at Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd argue anyone who thinks Maccaffer wasn't near our worst doesn't know anything about footy either. It would be a toss up between him Aish. He played a role and slightly curbed Shaw's influence. I'll give him that. ut other than that didn't contribute much to anything else and I think atleast 20 players played a more important role that game.
Mike just finished watching again. Caff did a much better job on Shaw than I thought as not knowing how many possessions Shaw got only seven went to advantage in fact did not really influence the game much. I think you have to give Caff a little more credit as Shaw was clearly frustrated not only berating his team mates but also a few times beaten in the contest didn't chase. He is after all one of the best rebounding defenders this year.
Didn't see what Judd was referring to maybe it was against Carlton. What I did see though is Blair is like a jack in the box, gets pushed, buried, sat on and up he jumps. No acting. Made me laugh.
Howe was so good all day, really like him and Reid doing the kick outs.

Kelly actually deserved a coaches vote, was GWS best,.

Have you tried this beer I think from Belgium or Italy that comes in a bottle that looks like a bottle of champagne but is a beer that was crafted originally by monks ? It's very good if interested I can find out the name

I have heard of it. May of had it at The Belgium Beer Bar.

How old are you? Serious question, because I'd be shocked if anyone over the age of 30-35 hasn't heard of that saying before.

Sun shines on a dog's arse some days?
Broken clock is right twice a day?

yes - so now let's focus on the comment rather than it being another example of you "seeking negativity" as others have pointed out.
It's clear you're a glass half empty guy - as the game day threads clearly demonstrate.

But heh it takes all kinds to make a world.

chimay - one of the best!

He
didn't have to do anything else, that was his role! And he played his role 100%. That's why he had a great game.

You only had to see Shaw complaining to the umps about his close attention to know it affected his game. Shaw was well and truly down and it was because he was Decaffeinated!

After watching the game again I have a few points.

Maccaffer - Did better than I initially thought, played his role and have to give him more credit in his role against Shaw. But still didn't take Shaw completely out of the games and didn't do much himself. Id's still have him in the bottom three performers, but that's because 21 other players also played a role.

Crisp - Had more time in the centre square and it showed. Got his hands on the ball more and used his speed. I reckon he keeps Greenwood out of the team.

Adams - Spent time through the middle and half back and I think he's more effective through the middle. Williams should come in and take his spot in the backline and Adams should just be an onballer from now on.

De Goey - Won the hard ball and was sloppy. I thought he was more effective than some previous games, I think someon like Pendles should spend a bit more time on the wing so he can have more onball minutes.

Maybe this has already been mentioned but I found it interesting that we had a younger (age average) and more inexperienced team than GWS on the weekend:

GWS - 24 years, 338 days (2178 games experience)
Collingwood - 24 years, 200 days (2026 games experience)

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2016/042120160709.html

It bodes well for the future :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back