Preview West Coast vs Essendon, Perth Stadium, Thursday 21/06/18 @ 8:10 PM AEDT

Who will score more?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Francis does not bother me. Reckon bringing him in against the Eagles in Perth was setting him up for failure.

Still having Green in the side though is unacceptable.

I used to think Green was clever around the ball and contributed a few goals. After watching the Brisbane game multiple times I have noticed more and more how he blocks the leads of the tall forwards and doesn't work hard enough. Delist.

Brown can be dropped as well.

They're only playing the two talls plus two rucks. Hooker to dominate McInness, Dea to take Waterman and Hurley on the rucks. When one of the the rucks is on the bench Hurley to take Waterman and Dea on LeCras.

Unchanged is what I expected but to think we better off with Mitch Brown in the team over Stewart is shocking. Give me an out of form Stewart over Brown any day of the week. In form brown sneaks a goal or two, Stewart in form could kick 5 and win us the game

Stewart has never kicked 5 goals in his career. His career best performance is 4 goals, same as Brown.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

Brown gets so much undeserved crap on here.

If that was directed at me.... my criticism of him is that he doesn't get to enough contests as a forward and when he does doesn't have the physical presence to bring the ball to the ground. His goals against Brisbane were a crumbing snap and one where he got free out the back (that he made difficult for himself).

What is the counter argument for him being best 22?

To a winning side?

Other than Green not sure who else deserves to be dropped based on their performance.
Green acted as though he had broken down on his lower leg against Lions. This ground is rock hard. I am astounded that he is able to get up for it. If he limps off early in the game, I'll be pissed off.

We did beat Cats - the week after we lost to Carlton.

All I’m saying is if one’s expectation is we’re going to go on some sort of run where we win 8 of 9 (I can’t imagine we’ve done that once in the past 15+ years), you’re going to be disappointed.

Get the team right, play a few kids, get further educated on the game plan and aim to crack the 8 next year.

Fairly unlikely yes but not impossible. When was the last time we won two games away in a row? I'd like to see kids over Brown and Green but at the same time keep Goddard and still try to win 7 games. Playing kids and getting slaughtered is pointless. A balance between the two I'd like to see. Obviously the coaches don't think now is the time to chuck six kids in and they probably know best.

Woosha obviously not interested in injecting some X factor and hope for the fans into the team. Surely one of Francis, Colyer, Long Stewart could have come in...But no - we keep playing Green, Myers, Dea and Baguley- all good servants of the club - but really...??? To top it iffJMerrett named as an emergency

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have been guilty of a rage or two regarding team selection this year.

But this week i honestly dont believe it is that bad. Green shouldnt have kept his spot but he was never going to be dropped after one game being a relatively more senior player.

Bringing Franga in after a two week break, interstate, and against the top team in the league is a almost-sure way to tank his confidence.

Long for Green would have been the one change i would have made but other than that, not really much to rant about.

Thought they could have considered replacing Green, Baguley, Dea, Myers and Brown. All senior experienced players that have limited abilities and are unlikely to offer us a great deal going forward. Would have been good to have changed 2 of them for some of the players that have been consistently putting in good performances at VFL level.

I hope Brown is at least playing in defense with Hooker forward. Our key forwards were hopeless at bringing the ball to ground last week.
Baguley and Green - could easily have been Long and Laverde.

I would have liked to have seen Mutch in as a replacement for Zaka whilst he's out or Clarke just because he deserves more opportunities based on his high level of VFL performances(could easily take Myers spot).

Ah well whatever if we're going to pick the most boring uninspiring team possible they better bloody perform!

If that was directed at me.... my criticism of him is that he doesn't get to enough contests as a forward and when he does doesn't have the physical presence to bring the ball to the ground. His goals against Brisbane were a crumbing snap and one where he got free out the back (that he made difficult for himself).

It wasn't. I don't think he's best 22 but he's a decent depth player at either end in cases where we have injuries or severe form slumps like Daniher and Stewart are going through right now.

Fairly unlikely yes but not impossible. When was the last time we won two games away in a row? I'd like to see kids over Brown and Green but at the same time keep Goddard and still try to win 7 games. Playing kids and getting slaughtered is pointless. A balance between the two I'd like to see. Obviously the coaches don't think now is the time to chuck six kids in and they probably know best.

Probably the last time we played the 10th and 17th placed interstate teams in a row?

It’s not impossible for the Bulldogs either.

Brown, Dea and Green are currently in our best 22 - finals are not attainable for us this year.

4 shots on goal & 2 goal assists, one being a class gather & sidestep dish to Heppell from 50 wasn’t the worst output.

He’s not in the side to crash packs, but to create space & provide a link up option. Yes it wasn’t a N Riewoldt masterclass but it sure as hell was better than the insipid s**t show Stewart put on against Richmond. He’d been tredding water for a few weeks too, so it wasn’t a shock to me he was dropped.

Browns not in our desired best 22 & I hope stewart can get back in, but for now I’m happy to get another look at him.

Is Ridley playing in the VFL this week?

Would have been a great week to play one of he or Francis against an inexperienced forward line.

I’m not surprised Brown is in the team, it’s pretty much him, Stewart and McKernan on a level playing field currently and it’s probably the one position where form will dictate who gets the spot. Plus it’s structural so someone has to get that spot.

Baguley, Green, Myers and Dea are the ones I don’t get. Consistent middling performances without much upside. Not really structurally important (Myers arguable) and filling up positions perfect for blooding kids.

Is Ridley playing in the VFL this week?

Would have been a great week to play one of he or Francis against an inexperienced forward line.
You'd assume so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back