What a disappointing end to the season!

Remove this Banner Ad

mattyh

All Australian
Jul 6, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Firstly...congratulations to the Cats on a well deserved 2007 premiership.

However, from a a perspective of a non-competing team supporter in the GF I feel totally flat and dull from that grand final. It simply was not a contest. You imagine grand finals to be tight, tough and in the balance for at least majority of the game.

But that match today leaves me feeling flat at the end of the season and surely it will go down as one of the worst grand finals ever to watch (except for Cat's fans!!)

However, from a a perspective of a non-competing team supporter in the GF I feel totally flat and dull from that grand final. It simply was not a contest. You imagine grand finals to be tight, tough and in the balance for at least majority of the game.

But that match today leaves me feeling flat at the end of the season and surely it will go down as one of the worst grand finals ever to watch (except for Cat's fans!!)

You're kidding right?

You just witnessed the best ever performance by a side in a GF victory...and you're still not happy?

It can't always be a 1 pt margin.....

i got bored and decided making crunchy chicken and chips was more interesting than geelong belt port, i love the close games, well at least ones that don't end at quarter time

You're kidding right?

You just witnessed the best ever performance by a side in a GF victory...and you're still not happy?

It can't always be a 1 pt margin.....

Who gives a toss if it was the best performance by a side in a GF(apart from cats & power supporters), it was just plain boring, most preople realised the game was over at 1/4 time.

So you'd sit through sri lanka thrashing pakistan by 250 runs in the next world cup final?

Who gives a toss if it was the best performance by a side in a GF(apart from cats & power supporters), it was just plain boring, most preople realised the game was over at 1/4 time.

So you'd sit through sri lanka thrashing pakistan by 250 runs in the next world cup final?

If it was Sydney pumping someone by 100+ in a GF, you'd be loving every minute of it. I didn't find it boring at all. For the first time in 3-4 years we saw some bright attractive footy in a Grand Final. Made a nice change.

Just becaues one team thrashed the other didnt make it bad to watch, Geelong played awesome footy, which was a treat to be able to see.

imagine if they both played good footy and it was like 2 points the difference with a minute left and the ball in the losing side's attacking 50

So you'd sit through sri lanka thrashing pakistan by 250 runs in the next world cup final?[/QUOTE]

No I wouldn't.

If u thought it was boring...thats your problem.

No point trying to convince you that the GFC probably played close to the most perfect game you will ever see on a football field today...

It was a fitting end. The Cats dominated the year, and went out in style. We've been treated to a few brilliant heart-stoppers, but today was a fantastic football team showing us how its done.

Despite it being a no-contest, they were awesome. Simple as that.

Everyone at our venue stopped watching by middle of 3rd quarter pretty much and started yap yap yapping, I watched till end like I usually do.

Most people were bored, I like seeing teams get thrashed though, it's good to see a team get completely belted up and down the park OR a close game, both are good to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best football performance I've seen by a side in a GF every, definately one for the football connoisseurs and not the theatres going bandwagonners that seem to be a big part of the AFL these days.

I thoroughly enjoyed the game.

The margin is irrelevant given that Geelong finally broke through.

If Geelong win by 100+ next year I'd be bored.

If St Kilda or Footscray win by 100+ next year, I'd enjoy it.

I don't know, I enjoyed the game. Geelong were great to watch.

I'd love to see my team win the Grand Final by over 100 points. As a neutral supporter I always root for a team to win by 100 when there is a flogging in progress.

was crap and boring, plain and simple.

At least the BBQ and beer were worth it though. :)

Full credit to Geelong for capping the season off like they did.

And as for williams, Go "choke" yourself with your tie!

agree, bloody boring game.. I turned on the lawn bowls on abc at 5 oclock for a bit of excitement...:eek:

It was a completely enjoyable game to watch. I've never enjoyed a 100 point massacre so much before.

Are we supposed to apologize for winning by the greatest margin ever ?????

Remove this Banner Ad

Back