What are the ramifications for a Carlton loss this week?

Remove this Banner Ad

If Carlton field a side, will not happen.

Melbourne lost by 18 points and 21 points to St Kilda (which is better than the blues) and Footscray - both at the MCG. Both under 4 goals. Their next best match was 41 points at the MCG 41 points. They are clearly playing much better games at the MCG.

Neeld has set them the task of playing the basics - basic, man on man, honest football - and the question they have been asked all week is show resolve, toughness and try as hard as they can.

Blues have their best extractor out (Carrazzo), the main forward out (Waite), the best midfielder out (Murphy), TWO of their best defenders out (Duigan and Laidler), have dropped their only other swing player aside from Waite (Thornton), have dropped Russel, another defender and have brought in a plethora of kids along with Warnock who has been out all year.

Repeat Melbourne were three goals off saints, and Doggies, are going to bring the one thing carlton has no answer for, hard, committed intense football, and Carlton have either injured or dropped half their team, on top of playing some of the most uninspired, selfish football ive seen in years - from anyone.

We are bringing in first year players like Bootsma who could easily slip into another dimension if he stood sideways to reality he is that small.

The comments on thread have a massive disjuncture with reality - the blues and their supporters better get this through their head - BASED ON THE LAST FEW WEEKS, AND LISTS CARLTON COULD EASILY LOSE THIS GAME.

If the Blues do not have a massive, massive turnaround from last week in their attitude - we could EASILY lose.

Are we three goals less without Murphy, Carrazzo, Duigan, Laidler, Waite, Thornton Russel - probably.

Great post audas! right on the ball. I would call this match a 60/40 in carltons favour at best, we are playing as selfishly and lazily as I've ever seen before. Terrible, terrible performances recently.

If Carlton lose, there will be a massive protest in Lygon street. All calling for Ratten's head.
Although I would love Carlton to lose this, I highly doubt they will. As someone mentioned before, Carlton love beating up on the bottom teams so watch them win by 60+ in the next two weeks

If Carlton lose, there will be a massive protest in Lygon street. All calling for Ratten's head.
Although I would love Carlton to lose this, I highly doubt they will. As someone mentioned before, Carlton love beating up on the bottom teams so watch them win by 60+ in the next two weeks
youre right thats why we only gave one team a flogging in last years finals

Essendon are travelling very well. But things could change. Take it from someone who has copped it since Round 3... keep it amongst your own kind :)

Carlton lose this and Ratten's papers should be stamped, even though arguably its a long season and anything could happen.

Thank heavens we have 5 wins on the board...

Melbourne lost by 18 points and 21 points to St Kilda (which is better than the blues) and Footscray - both at the MCG. Both under 4 goals. Their next best match was 41 points at the MCG 41 points. They are clearly playing much better games at the MCG.

Neeld has set them the task of playing the basics - basic, man on man, honest football - and the question they have been asked all week is show resolve, toughness and try as hard as they can.

Blues have their best extractor out (Carrazzo), the main forward out (Waite), the best midfielder out (Murphy), TWO of their best defenders out (Duigan and Laidler), have dropped their only other swing player aside from Waite (Thornton), have dropped Russel, another defender and have brought in a plethora of kids along with Warnock who has been out all year.

Repeat Melbourne were three goals off saints, and Doggies, are going to bring the one thing carlton has no answer for, hard, committed intense football, and Carlton have either injured or dropped half their team, on top of playing some of the most uninspired, selfish football ive seen in years - from anyone.

We are bringing in first year players like Bootsma who could easily slip into another dimension if he stood sideways to reality he is that small.

The comments on thread have a massive disjuncture with reality - the blues and their supporters better get this through their head - BASED ON THE LAST FEW WEEKS, AND LISTS CARLTON COULD EASILY LOSE THIS GAME.

If the Blues do not have a massive, massive turnaround from last week in their attitude - we could EASILY lose.

Are we three goals less without Murphy, Carrazzo, Duigan, Laidler, Waite, Thornton Russel - probably.

I concur, no way is this game a certainty. Melbourne have been atrocious and I have watched them regularly, but we have barely been any better much of the last 5 weeks. Poor attitude, house of cards game plan and lack of contested ball winners make us vulnerable to pretty much anyone.

We only got over GWS as they tired and Brogan and Setanta went down, we thought it was an aberration, but it clearly wasn't.

I still think we will win but I am a very long way from certain and think it will be closer than what people think.

Carlton to record an unimpressive 17 point win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5 weeks ago before Carlton vs Essendon I pottered over to the Carlton board to see what their fans were posting. Not one of them even entertained the idea of losing and nearly all were more than confident of a comfortable win.

I'm now sitting here reading fairly articulate and reasonable posts that suggest they could lose to Melbourne. From their own fans. (I'm talking about audas).

Remarkable.

Ramifications should be nothing Carlton will win too much class.

If they did lose, (fairyland) I would suspect Ratten may lose his job.

Thought definitely had occurred to me, after watching Crows smash Blues last week I eagerly checked the fixture hoping for the potential for Blues to lose 3 in a row... only to be disappointed to see they have Dees. :(

Would have loved it to be any other team that could put a bit of extra pressure on them. Ah well, still a fun little fantasy to think about and will cheer for the Dees anyway! :D Cmon, Demons treat this as your GF! Forget the Queens Bday or your game vs us, this is it!!

Interesting situation they find themselves in. Some big name injuries, players terribly out of form and a distinct lack of confidence.

I know Melbourne are absolutely horrendous right now but they have been given a smashing in the media (as have Carlton but Melbourne probably more).

Going back to the late 80's/ early 90's IIRC, Carlton lost to the Brisbane Bears at Princess Park when Capper dobbed one from 50 out and Robert Walls was shown the door. If Melbourne somehow pull off an upset this weekend, will the same happen to Ratten?

Mate are you serious? Melbourne can start now and wouldn't win. You don't know much about football

5 weeks ago before Carlton vs Essendon I pottered over to the Carlton board to see what their fans were posting. Not one of them even entertained the idea of losing and nearly all were more than confident of a comfortable win.

Might want to check my comments on your own board mate.

Im never confident when oour two sides meet.

We have a very clear history of upsets and ignoring form.

How do all of you know that Carlton DEFINITELY will not lose to Melbourne this weekend? You're all acting as if the blue boys are a top 4 team or something!

Me thinks the game will be a lot closer than people think.

But me tend to be a flogroach usually!

I'm now sitting here reading fairly articulate and reasonable posts that suggest they could lose to Melbourne. From their own fans. (I'm talking about audas).

Remarkable.

All the signs pointed to a carlton win.......considering your form against sides like port/gold coast etc in the prior weeks, 6 day turn around from the gold coast in heat etc. Heaven forbid a teams supporters whose team was in form expect a win. Also we had just taken apart collingwood the week before (understrength collingwood) but still a good win against a top 4 side.

Now looking at the team and how they are playing it is reasonable to think that we might just not walk all over the dees.

Nothing remarkable.

blood-in-the-water.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back