List Mgmt. What happens if XXX is injured

Remove this Banner Ad

Tbh I'm worried about the forward line this year. We are heavily reliant on a 36 year old with 350 games on the clock, an injury riddled Reid and 21 yr old logan
Big year for Heeney, Parker and Hayward imo. Heeney gets 50 again, Hayward can push into the 40s and Parker can get over 30, might balance out Buddy only being able to get 30 this year instead of 50

Tbh I'm worried about the forward line this year. We are heavily reliant on a 36 year old with 350 games on the clock, an injury riddled Reid and 21 yr old logan

Just need to go full 2012 then and have 9 goal scorers every game

Big year for Heeney, Parker and Hayward imo. Heeney gets 50 again, Hayward can push into the 40s and Parker can get over 30, might balance out Buddy only being able to get 30 this year instead of 50
I wouldn't be relying on Parker to kick 30 - he kicked 16 (including 5 in rd 1) last year.
Agree the tall forwards are fragile.. Buddy/Reid are old and/or injury prone. Logan is still young, and Amartey/McLean have never kicked many goals.

In a 22 round season, if a team kicks 300 goals (+300 behinds) that would give them every chance of top 4. Of course the defence needs to play their part.
I reckon we might be ok....?

Players on the field
2 x tall - Buddy, Reid, Logan, Amartey, McLean + maybe others? combine to kick 3 goals/game = 66 goals
2 x mid - Heeney (45), Hayward (35) + maybe others? combine to kick 80 goals
2 x small - paps (40) + others(25)? combine to kick 65
4 x Inside mids - Parker (15), Mills(10), Rowbum(10), Warner(20), Ruck(5) + others? combine to kick 60
2 x Wingers - Stephens(10), Gulden(10), JMac(10) + others? combine to kick 30
6 x defenders - kick bugger all, maybe 5
Total 306 goals

I reckon our small-medium forwards are excellent! Also reckon our inside midfield is pretty dangerous, and our very young wingers are getting better.
I dont think we're as reliant on tall timber to kick goals like other teams

I am more worried when he isn't.
yep, when hes fit, I cant stand watching his forward pressure - its terrible. His 2nd ruck work is sh*t! and just because he takes more contested marks than anyone else on the team, doesn't make him a good mark. Oh and his goal per game were all sh*t goals

Not hard to see who your new whipping boy is now that JPK has retired

yep, when hes fit, I cant stand watching his forward pressure - its terrible. His 2nd ruck work is sh*t! and just because he takes more contested marks than anyone else on the team, doesn't make him a good mark. Oh and his goal per game were all sh*t goals

Not hard to see who your new whipping boy is now that JPK has retired

Have not rated Reid for ages.

I did rate JPK as a Bloods champion. He erred in playing on and it was worse than I feared . I was correct.

I look forward to a fulsome apology from you in particular. Not holding my breath 🤣

Have not rated Reid for ages.

I did rate JPK as a Bloods champion. He erred in playing on and it was worse than I feared . I was correct.

I look forward to a fulsome apology from you in particular. Not holding my breath 🤣
haha.. Im sticking to the importance and contribution JPK had on our young mids. He was never going to play inside last year, he was never going to take games away from those developing mids, thats why he played half back and wing, and even played in the VFL.
It would be a very interesting question to ask of Mills, Rowbum, Warner (Gus & Roberts).. Did you like having JPK on the list last year? If they answered 'Yes', then good, but if they answered no, then you'd be right and my apology would follow.
Until then, remember to breath

FWIW.. I rate Reid, as I do Amartey.. but their injuries screw them. It will interesting to see how long the Swans persist with Amartey.
Its also worth noting that Reid was probably very lucky to receive last years contract, same one year extension as this year. Basically because we need the depth. When he was fit, he played a very important role(s)

haha.. Im sticking to the importance and contribution JPK had on our young mids. He was never going to play inside last year, he was never going to take games away from those developing mids, thats why he played half back and wing, and even played in the VFL.
It would be a very interesting question to ask of Mills, Rowbum, Warner (Gus & Roberts).. Did you like having JPK on the list last year? If they answered 'Yes', then good, but if they answered no, then you'd be right and my apology would follow.
Until then, remember to breath

FWIW.. I rate Reid, as I do Amartey.. but their injuries screw them. It will interesting to see how long the Swans persist with Amartey.
Its also worth noting that Reid was probably very lucky to receive last years contract, same one year extension as this year. Basically because we need the depth. When he was fit, he played a very important role(s)
I remember watching Reid the year he got his big contract and thinking "With the right delivery he could be anything". A tremendous mark when he could run at the ball on a lower trajectory but couldn't hold the high balls reaching back. Nothing much has changed.
2022 he got the best delivery in years and made the most of it.
Always been great below the knees for a tall guy.
He and his brother both cruelled by injury.

I remember watching Reid the year he got his big contract and thinking "With the right delivery he could be anything". A tremendous mark when he could run at the ball on a lower trajectory but couldn't hold the high balls reaching back. Nothing much has changed.
I agree.

A fit Reid makes us a better team.

But fit & Reid are, unfortunately, mutually exclusive terms.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO
Papley is irreplaceable. He so dynamic in and around goals. He damages teams. Damages.
Heeney is freakish around goals kicking goals from impossible angles. Marks high for his height. No medium forward comes close.
Tom McCartin (23 years old)is just growing into a legend. His legacy will be told of long after he leaves. Young but very good.

Tom McCartin is excellent but is not yet the equal of Sam Taylor - taken in the same draft year just a few picks apart. Taylor plays the same role and is slightly bigger. In fairness to McCartin, he is still relatively new to plying his trade as a defender.

Reid is invaluable when he's fit and nobody of his size is as versatile.

If there's one player who it would really help us if they had a breakout year this year, it's Amartey. If he comes good, he can provide a lot of what we need. I'm not holding my breath. Endurance and consistency are not synonymous with the Amartey Party. Nor am I giving up - he's still only 23 - pretty young for a key position type.

Reid is invaluable when he's fit and nobody of his size is as versatile.

If there's one player who it would really help us if they had a breakout year this year, it's Amartey. If he comes good, he can provide a lot of what we need. I'm not holding my breath. Endurance and consistency are not synonymous with the Amartey Party. Nor am I giving up - he's still only 23 - pretty young for a key position type.
100% agree on Amartey, the building blocks are there... he should be Reid's replcement but I'm ready to give up. If you can't improve your endurance after 5 years in a professional environment then I find it hard not to conclude you're either lazy, not interested or genetically unable to improve.
Maybe a little harsh but at some point potential has to be converted. There's a draft every year, all full of others with potential too... last chance saloon IMO

I always thought that Ben and Sam shared a hammy. One was always injured. Then the other one was injured and the other resumed playing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back