What have I done to my son?

Remove this Banner Ad

My family is all black and white going back many generations. Of course, this has been passed on to my now 7 year old son who is a massive Pies supporter and proudly dons his Collingwood jumper with no.4 on the back wherever he goes.

I took the little fella to the footy yesterday and he got right into it. I try to set a pretty good example for him by controlling myself as much as possible (which i do by the way). He gets up and cheers our goals and get very disappointed when the otherside score.

Well, when the siren went at the end of the game I looked down at him and he had tears running down his poor little face. It was heart breaking. When we got home my wife had the news on and they started showing highlights etc, raving about the blues win, and my son insisted the TV be switched off and complained, "they keep going on about the Blues and how we lost, they don't know what this does to me". He was so devastated.

nothing mate, you taught him to love his club regardless.

Same story with me and my old man many years ago, it creates character and will make him into a abetter person.

he already knows collingwood is a way of life, and losses like that hurt he will get through it better than ever.

i think we all felt like crying yesterday didnt we?

Same story with me and my old man many years ago, it creates character and will make him into a abetter person.

he already knows collingwood is a way of life, and losses like that hurt he will get through it better than ever.

I felt more like kicking a cat. :(

I felt more like kicking a cat. :(
yeah teh adult male reaction equivlant to a childs tears id imagine.

I threw my phone across the room when the texts started, luckily it still works lol

My family is all black and white going back many generations. Of course, this has been passed on to my now 7 year old son who is a massive Pies supporter and proudly dons his Collingwood jumper with no.4 on the back wherever he goes.

I took the little fella to the footy yesterday and he got right into it. I try to set a pretty good example for him by controlling myself as much as possible (which i do by the way). He gets up and cheers our goals and get very disappointed when the otherside score.

Well, when the siren went at the end of the game I looked down at him and he had tears running down his poor little face. It was heart breaking. When we got home my wife had the news on and they started showing highlights etc, raving about the blues win, and my son insisted the TV be switched off and complained, "they keep going on about the Blues and how we lost, they don't know what this does to me". He was so devastated.

Sounds like he loves the club and is going to be a passionate supporter for life, nothing wrong with that...

I thought you were going to say he turned to Carlton... that would have been worse than watching him get upset about a loss..

It was also possibly made worse by his number 4 doing sweet f%^k all.

just a question thats been bugging me about collingwood for years. why do the fans cry so much? i dont get it. even the players cry, it might be why the pies aint won a grand final since the early 90`s too soft. i think if the pies hardened up abit they might be more of a force in the afl.

just a question thats been bugging me about collingwood for years. why do the fans cry so much? i dont get it. even the players cry, it might be why the pies aint won a grand final since the early 90`s too soft. i think if the pies hardened up abit they might be more of a force in the afl.
So now we have queer eye for the real supporters.

The kid is four s**t for brains.

Maybe we all hurt after losses because we love our club and dint just jump on the bandwagon always being on gaurd just in case we have to jumpo off again

I think you have a chromosome missing. :)

don't worry mate you haven't done anything bad, its great to see young passionate footy fans in general still coming through, just gives our game a brighter future....hopefully the boys can make it up to him this week vs the dogs!!

Maybe we all hurt after losses because we love our club and dint just jump on the bandwagon always being on gaurd just in case we have to jumpo off again

i aint talking about his kid crying. my best mate is a pies supporter he cries all the time when they lose along with a few other supporters i know. then again my mate claims he sits down to wee so maybe there is something going on there .

hahaha Optimax...you kill me...hahahaha!! My first smile since yesterday's devastation...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I won my nephew's heart for the Pies at that game.

He's 4. His dad (my brother) is a Pie, his mum (who came yesterday) is a Blue (but still a nice person, just goes to show there's always an exception to the rule). His sister is a Blue (I insisted she take after her mum for justice's sake, even though she wanted to be a Pie). His older brother is an Eagle (a very contrary boy, but good luck to him for making his own mind up).

The little fella wasn't to keen on the actual game, despite me promising him a box of mars bars. His mum was very philisophical until the Blues revived, then she started grabbing my arm and complaing how Trav Cloke kept scragging O'hAilpin (!). My nephew clearly favoured the Pies by this stage and yelled "cut of their heads!" against the Blues:D

When his mum grabbed me once to often the little fella bit her under the arm! A true Pie!:thumbsu:

On the way home he sadly muttered "I wish the Pies smashed them". Out of defeat comes the seeds of victory...

There's a distinct difference between Collingwood and Carlton in the mentality of the supporters.

One supporter group cares.

The other one does.

And you know you'd desperately love to have our true passion for our club, win, lose or draw. All other 14 clubs know and want it.

But they'll never have it.

The Dome will be packed out on Sunday, we don't go away easily. In fact, we don't go away at all.

There's a distinct difference between Collingwood and Carlton in the mentality of the supporters.

One supporter group cares.

The other one does.

And you know you'd desperately love to have our true passion for our club, win, lose or draw. All other 14 clubs know and want it.

But they'll never have it.

The Dome will be packed out on Sunday, we don't go away easily. In fact, we don't go away at all.

i got passion for my club. i just dont cry when we lose. i guess us losing so much you kind of get use to it and when we win specially against a club as good as collingwood we tend to savour the moment alot more.

If you ask me, you've taught your son passion and pride. :thumbsu:

At the end of the day, one team comes out winners, the other doesn't (even in the case of a draw), and yesterday, it was Carlton's turn, but don't expect it to be a permanent thing. In possibly a years time, you'll potentially be on the good end of a Carlton/Collingwood clash.

Yeah, I like the kids passion. :thumbsu:

Sounds like he loves the club and is going to be a passionate supporter for life, nothing wrong with that...

I thought you were going to say he turned to Carlton... that would have been worse than watching him get upset about a loss..

It was also possibly made worse by his number 4 doing sweet f%^k all.
If he turned to Carlton he would be out on his ear! ;)

Yes, Dids having a (rare) quiet one didn't help much.

i got passion for my club. i just dont cry when we lose. i guess us losing so much you kind of get use to it and when we win specially against a club as good as collingwood we tend to savour the moment alot more.

Enjoy the win.

Just pray we don't meet you in the Finals.

One thing about THE MAGPIE ARMY.

WE LOVE OUR CLUB AND IT'S PLAYERS.
WE DON'T SPIT AT THE COACHING STAFF.
WE DON'T TEAR UP OUR MEMBERSHIPS WHEN THINGS AREN'T GOING WELL.
WE DON'T HAVE LEAKS TO THE PRESS VIA OUR BOARD MEMBERS.
WE DON'T NEED A BILLIONAIRE TO ARTIFICIALLY RESSURECT OUR CLUB.

WE LOVE OUR CLUB AND OUR FELLOW SUPPORTERS AND WILL FOREVER STAND BY THEM REGARDLESS.

COLLINGWOOD IS A WAY OF LIFE.

When do the Carlton trolls leave our boards? How long do we have to wait?

Enjoy the win.

Just pray we don't meet you in the Finals.

One thing about THE MAGPIE ARMY.

WE LOVE OUR CLUB AND IT'S PLAYERS.
WE DON'T SPIT AT THE COACHING STAFF.
WE DON'T TEAR UP OUR MEMBERSHIPS WHEN THINGS AREN'T GOING WELL.
WE DON'T HAVE LEAKS TO THE PRESS VIA OUR BOARD MEMBERS.
WE DON'T NEED A BILLIONAIRE TO ARTIFICIALLY RESSURECT OUR CLUB.

WE LOVE OUR CLUB AND OUR FELLOW SUPPORTERS AND WILL FOREVER STAND BY THEM REGARDLESS.

COLLINGWOOD IS A WAY OF LIFE.

do you think we will make the finals i havent got any hopes of making the final 8 im thinking carlton will finish 9th or 10th. if we did make the finals i be so happy i wouldnt care if we went out in the first final i be happy that we made it that far.

don't worry mate you haven't done anything bad, its great to see young passionate footy fans in general still coming through, just gives our game a brighter future....hopefully the boys can make it up to him this week vs the dogs!!
I know I havn't done anything bad, but i do feel like I've passed on potential hardship...lol. Although, maybe he will get lucky and witness the greatest magpie dynasty of all? Here's hoping!

At the end of the day, one team comes out winners, the other doesn't (even in the case of a draw), and yesterday, it was Carlton's turn, but don't expect it to be a permanent thing. In possibly a years time, you'll potentially be on the good end of a Carlton/Collingwood clash.
Thanks mate! :thumbsu:

Possibly at the 'G this year in an Elimination Final is becoming probable...

Would love the chance for some vindication this year and I think the club and all it's supporters would too. Would be an awesome final. :thumbsu:

And us two finishing either 5th-8th, or 6th-7th isn't too much of a stretch of the imagination...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back