Opinion What unpopular AFL opinions do you have? - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Kane Cornes isn't just a click baiting fl0g trying to keep himself relevant with over the top outlandish statements.... I think he actually believes the rubbish that comes out of his mouth and is genuine in his opinion.
Not unpopular opinion, most would agree.

Not AFL but I think Hamilton was long and boring

That the Docklands stadium really isn't the terrible, sterile venue that everyone makes it out to be. 🏟

Here comes some Richmond flog to tell you about tradition or something lol

That the Docklands stadium really isn't the terrible, sterile venue that everyone makes it out to be. 🏟
100% its a far superior stadium to the MCG.. The MCG unless it is 80% full is a soulless experience, and still its a poor viewing experience unless you are level 2 and on the wing.. At Docklands there is barely a bad seat in the stadium.

100% its a far superior stadium to the MCG.. The MCG unless it is 80% full is a soulless experience, and still its a poor viewing experience unless you are level 2 and on the wing.. At Docklands there is barely a bad seat in the stadium.
I think a lot about the MCG preference has to do with people wearing their nostalgia goggles. It's a great experience and I love the G, but you're right that if you're comparing the viewing experience Marvel is probably better.

Also having a roof is great if you want to go on a rainy day and not get drenched.

Richmond are not a particularly exceptional wet weather team. That myth has been busted several times in the last couple of years, yet dimwit footy media schneds continue to go there. We actually play our most commanding football when it’s a dry deck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There should be 2 lots of benches on either sides of the ground so that you don't get caught out not being able to get on when the play is on the other side of the ground for a long period of time. How creative and how you regulate that I'm not too sure

There should be 2 lots of benches on either sides of the ground so that you don't get caught out not being able to get on when the play is on the other side of the ground for a long period of time. How creative and how you regulate that I'm not too sure
So when play is on other side of ground players have to run around half the ground to use the interchange gate on the other side?

I prefer Fremantle's original jumper, to the current one.

The early years, were the best. I find it hard to warm, to this one.
I just love the original because it had green and proper purple in it. Not this fake dark purple almost looks royal blue rubbish. And where is the green now?

Gary Moorcrofts Mark of the Year is the most overrated highlight in history of the sport. The height at which the ball was grabbed was barely 8 feet high, and several times per normal AFL game a mark is taken that high. One short arse, jumped off the middle of another short arses back with outstretched arms.

As a comparison, if he were on a basketball court his hands barely touched the bottom of the net.

Gary Moorcrofts Mark of the Year is the most overrated highlight in history of the sport. The height at which the ball was grabbed was barely 8 feet high, and several times per normal AFL game a mark is taken that high. One short arse, jumped off the middle of another short arses back with outstretched arms.

It was taken higher than 8 feet off the ground. Look at the side-on angle with #22 for the Dogs (Ben Harrison) as a reference point. Numerous sources have him listed at 1.91m and the ball looks to be another 1.2m or so higher than him. It's definitely taken at least 10 feet off the ground.

It's beside the point anyway because there's more that makes a mark spectacular than pure height.

As a comparison, if he were on a basketball court his hands barely touched the bottom of the net.
Always thought Chris Tarrant's massive pack mark a week later was better, tbh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back