Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creed II
It didn't suck, which doesn't sound like high praise but it is interesting how strongly Stallone is finishing up with his two main roles. I haven't seen Last Blood but Rocky Balboa, Rambo and the two Creed movies have all had their moments and considering these are two of the most 80s formulaic series you can imagine, it either says something about how much Stallone has matured or how little mainstream movies have changed in the last 30 years.

Creed II
It didn't suck, which doesn't sound like high praise but it is interesting how strongly Stallone is finishing up with his two main roles. I haven't seen Last Blood but Rocky Balboa, Rambo and the two Creed movies have all had their moments and considering these are two of the most 80s formulaic series you can imagine, it either says something about how much Stallone has matured or how little mainstream movies have changed in the last 30 years.
Or maybe something about the viewing audience ;)

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood -

This is the worst movie I have watched in a long long time. Absolute garbage.
Probably not the worst movie I've seen in a long time, but yes it was average. Slow paced, longer than it needed to be at 2.5 hours, and a silly ending. Fairly forgettable flick, certainly one of Quentin's poorer efforts.

Marriage Story - 7/10

Was sort of confused with this film. Is it a comedy or drama, or both?

Some scenes when you think they're meant to be emotional or at breaking point, I for some reason found it funny.

Driver and Scarlo give decent performances, I enjoyed Ray Liotta and Laura Dern's characters more.

Ad Astra

Wow that was a massive swing and a miss imo. So many scenes kept reminding me of the original Solaris. Production values/sets were great, cast was fine, individual scenes looked good. There was a lot of bad science but more than anything it just didn't have much to say.

Rambo : Last Blood.

It starts off a bit meh, then turns into a Mexican version of Taken. But the last 15 minutes when he kills all the bad guys are ******* awesome. I don't think that's much of a spoiler.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched one of the Terminator movies. 2015 version.
Was not bad.
Was the original Terminator really made as far back as 1984 or was it just in story line that he goes back to past of May 12, 1984 sent from the future by the machines ?
There is something fun about remembering life in 1984 and what the future felt like then, and then watching a movie in 2019, that was made in 2015 that depicts a few years into the future but also travels back in time to 1984.
It is fun to remember thinking about the future in 1980's but living in the future now...lol and realising it is nowhere near as different as you imagined it would be. It is interesting to think if there was a specific year or time that feels like things changed most.

I always come back to feeling like something changed in 1986 that made the world feel a little different after that than what it felt before. Like 1985 felt very different to 1995 which is only ten years apart and this movie made me think more about how a time in world has a specific feeling of the time and they all at one point were or are the NOW.

6 Underground (2019) - 6/10

It's pretty terrible. This is peak Michael Bay cinema. But there are some spectacular moments which makes it fun to watch on a day where it's 40 degrees outside. The extraction scene was really awesome for example.

Also magnets bitch!

Once upon a time... in Hollywood

Pretty similar to Deathproof for me. Both were an ode to Tarantino's influences, both had great actors, interesting characters and premises. But neither imo had a strong enough storyline to really tie it all together.

6 Underground (2019) - 6/10

It's pretty terrible. This is peak Michael Bay cinema. But there are some spectacular moments which makes it fun to watch on a day where it's 40 degrees outside. The extraction scene was really awesome for example.

Also magnets bitch!

The movie is like KFC, totally terrible but also kind of good. Both are something I don't want too often and just like KFC the move left me feeling a bit nauseous.

Seriously though whoever was responsible for the editing must have been on ADHD meds.

The movie is like KFC, totally terrible but also kind of good. Both are something I don't want too often and just like KFC the move left me feeling a bit nauseous.

Seriously though whoever was responsible for the editing must have been on ADHD meds.

Yeah I was not a fan of the first half especially. I got mad head spins from the amount of fast editing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back