When are GWS gonna get serious and change their colours?

Remove this Banner Ad

The sea of orange at the A-League Grand Final last year won by Brisbane was a visual delight. If the crowd is draped in either all yellow or all orange it looks amazing.

I agree, it was amazing to see... The day when GWS make it into a grand final will be amazing just for that :p

I'd rather they went with the actual Wests Tigers colours instead of the faux Tigers colours they did go with, but it's certainly not the worst.

The Tigers flags in the crowd/jumpers look awesome imo. Especially at night.

I sometimes think of this when I see their colour choice and design:

safety%20vest%20AS0806.jpg

I actually think for an 18th team, and alot of options taken they did a fantastic job.

They have a better looking jumper then our current one, so I can't really say anything negative:eek:

I think the colour scheme looks great. Design wise still not 100% but waaay better than GC

Orange (and yellow) are the two most receptive colours to the eye.

No team uses yellow as their primary colour.

But now, we have a team wearing orange as their primary colour (at least on one of their jumpers)

The sea of orange at the A-League Grand Final last year won by Brisbane was a visual delight. If the crowd is draped in either all yellow or all orange it looks amazing.

We havn't had that visual delight yet in the AFL, because no team wears orange or yellow primarily. I'd love to see the GWS crowd in a sea of orange. Would look magnificent.

Charcoal is a good unique choice too. The Oakland Raiders were, for many years the most popular merchandised NFL team on the back of their "silver" (and black) colours. Ths is a bit like charcoal, and I think it is marketable.

Yup. Always very easy to spot the Hawks supporters at a ground, the yellow really stands out. :thumbsu:

I think their colours look fantastic. Am I alone ?

GWS-giants_420-420x0.jpg
To be honest I hated these jumpers at first, I was with the majority of people that said the colours were ugly an unapealing. I now actually have grown acustomed to them and quite like the look of them. I may even be buying one of these jumpers for my self in the near future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still thought there was a great opportunity to use green like so many other great uniforms (Celtics in soccer and basketball, Philly Eagles, Green Bay Packers etc...)

But don't mind the current scheme. The only worry is that it is kind of cool and new now but could look a bit dated going ahead

Yup. Always very easy to spot the Hawks supporters at a ground, the yellow really stands out. :thumbsu:

Same with the Eagles, big fan of their 25th anniversary jumper (yellow as main colour).

I have to admit, before it was the "thing" to do, the Dockers' Purple Haze promotion where everyone dressed up in purple at Subi looked awesome.

Orange (and yellow) are the two most receptive colours to the eye.

No team uses yellow as their primary colour.

But now, we have a team wearing orange as their primary colour (at least on one of their jumpers)

We havn't had that visual delight yet in the AFL, because no team wears orange or yellow primarily. I'd love to see the GWS crowd in a sea of orange. Would look magnificent.

Charcoal is a good unique choice too. The Oakland Raiders were, for many years the most popular merchandised NFL team on the back of their "silver" (and black) colours. Ths is a bit like charcoal, and I think it is marketable.
Hmmmm. What about Hawthorn? Our primary is yellow, despite our description of it as gold. Gold-flavored yellow.

Everyone has always hung s**t on our colours (reverting to kindegarten taunts) but I've always loved them for the same reasons that many in this thread like West Sydney's orange and charcoal. The Hawks have always stood out amongst a sea of boring black or blue colored uniforms.

My problem with the Giants uniforms is that Hawthorn will no longer be as distinctive as they once were. Up until now, we haven't really needed to wear a clash jumper. Hopefully the AFL tells these GWS interlopers to have another clash jumper ready for when they play Hawthorn, as neither of those designs they have will provide a "different" enough contrast from our jumpers.

But the Adrian Anderson couldn't organize a root in a brothel. The AFL are obsessed with dollars but lack any sense, so stand by for confusion when Hawthorn play GWS.

GWS-giants_420-420x0.jpg

Not at all, I agree 100%.
I think they already have one of the best jumpers in the AFL

Trust me if a team came in now with just a black jumper and a sash people would bag it too, yet that has worked for 100 years for a couple of clubs. A monogram has served Carlton well also.

I think the colors and jumpers in general are great.

GWS-giants_420-420x0.jpg

Im not a big fan of orange but its not a bright orange rather a darker dirty orange. The design looks quite good. Modern but the newer teams can look modern to reflect their time of inception.

Once associated with success it will stand for something.

...is a classic strip, and the best in the league.

I've never understood Essendon supporters' general obsession with their jumper, it's a nice traditional one, but nothing special in reality. Very bland. Not really an insult, but just saying that I don't get why there is a general concession amongst your fans especially that yur jersey is something more special than any of the other foundation clubs'.

Anyway, on GWS, when the colours where released I was planning on them being my second favourite side. Love the orange and don' mind the charcoal, but I really dislike this thing them and GC have adopted in putting big versions of their logo in the middle, lik, 'look at us, where here too'. The fact that their logo's are so tacky are what differentiates them from Carlton.

On the design, I much prefer the one without white.

Obviously I now hate everything to do with that football club and a GWS loss will be the second best thing in football to a Melbourne win (obviously not comparable in the slightest, considering our history). I'm sure many others feel the same.

Dan26;22539889/ said:
I'd love to see the GWS crowd in a sea of orange. Would look magnificent.

Sorry, but I can't imagine that there will be enough to make a 'sea' for many years, if ever, coming from the rugby haven where they do.

I quite like their colours, they are rather unique, design does need work, but the foundations are there for a strong identity :)

There is another team in Sydney, which came in first mind you and if you were to give the other, newer Sydney team the colours of NSW it may cause some resentment with Swans fans (Just my opinion :p)... Also, I doubt NT would get a team anytime soon, Tassie or a third WA team would get a team before NT... Hell even NZ would (Knowing the AFL :p)

I can't see Sydney fans being insulted. It's not really 'their turf' considering they're just a relocated Vic club who've managed to keep their colours (some of the best in the league) and all else despite what they went through.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back