When will the Carlton FC Arrive? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

No, they don't.

The Cats don't need a formal program given their list is an approved provider to former footballers. They also provide a spot for the Grohan, poster bloke for those with Temperament Deficit Disorder

Stupid to have to even respond to these silly statements which have been dealt with 100 times before.
We know he never won a premiership but seriously credit where credit is due, he came awfully close at two clubs on three occasions.

How can Voss even come close to that??? Seriously no comparison at least based on PAST HISTORY.
If that changes in the coming years I will bethe first to celebrate...

Voss was given a shitty list which became even worst when the Brisbane list management team recruited a bunch of injury prone former decent players and Fev. Then the guys who were recruited as future stakeholders of the club (Yeo, Polec, Docherty, Longer) bailed. He did OK for hand he was dealt.

On the other hand Lyon had two quality lists to work (St Kilda’s list was elite) with and came away with 0 flags from 4 attempts.

You can talk about the virtues of their coaching, but in terms of the situations with their clubs it’s chalk and cheese.

I don’t personally get the hype behind Lyon and I’m glad we made him run through a proper process given his lack of premiership success and the extremely sketchy circumstances at Freo.

Voss was given a shitty list which became even worst when the Brisbane list management team recruited a bunch of injury prone former decent players and Fev. Then the guys who were recruited as future stakeholders of the club (Yeo, Polec, Docherty, Longer) bailed. He did OK for hand he was dealt.

On the other hand Lyon had two quality lists to work (St Kilda’s list was elite) with and came away with 0 flags from 4 attempts.

You can talk about the virtues of their coaching, but in terms of the situations with their clubs it’s chalk and cheese.

I don’t personally get the hype behind Lyon and I’m glad we made him run through a proper process given his lack of premiership success and the extremely sketchy circumstances at Freo.
Polarising figure isn't he Lyon. From a Saints perspective pretty hard to rank him, due to heartbreak and way he heft the club. Agreed with Carlton not giving him the keys to the city on a whim however.
Michael Voss - basically struck me as a failed coach . Could well be better second time around mind you, like I'm hoping our guy is.

Wasn't it crazy Vossy who was the driver behind getting Fev?

Given the pressure put on the blues next season anything other than finals is a bust. They're probably at absolute best 8-12. From the 8 this year the only side who are unlikely to make it would be Essendon. West Coast, Richmond and St.Kilda are comfortably better than Carlton. Can't see them beating one of those three clubs for a finals spot.

They seem to believe two players coming in will make them a top 8 side. A brand new unsuccessful coach, the pressure put upon him and the coaches is incredibly unfair and unrealistic.

Given the pressure put on the blues next season anything other than finals is a bust. They're probably at absolute best 8-12. From the 8 this year the only side who are unlikely to make it would be Essendon. West Coast, Richmond and St.Kilda are comfortably better than Carlton. Can't see them beating one of those three clubs for a finals spot.

They seem to believe two players coming in will make them a top 8 side. A brand new unsuccessful coach, the pressure put upon him and the coaches is incredibly unfair and unrealistic.
It's not about the two new players at all, whole lot of things have been our problem.

It's not about the two new players at all, whole lot of things have been our problem.
Only way you can really tell if anything is changed is by getting results on field, which can't happen for another 5-6 months. Everything is speculation, I just can't see them playing finals ahead of WCE, Richmond and St.Kilda who all missed finals.

From the 8 this year the only side who are unlikely to make it would be Essendon. West Coast, Richmond and St.Kilda are comfortably better than Carlton.

They seem to believe two players coming in will make them a top 8 side.
Everything is speculation
Might as well have just posted the 2nd three word quote.

Only way you can really tell if anything is changed is by getting results on field, which can't happen for another 5-6 months. Everything is speculation, I just can't see them playing finals ahead of WCE, Richmond and St.Kilda who all missed finals.
Nah. CFC will play finals in 2022, but that won’t be entirely indicative that much has changed. On-field issues have been result of off-field issues; gone/going through identity crisis of sorts. Won’t really know for several years whether arrived. Fingers crossed things have finally changed.

Nah. CFC will play finals in 2022, but that won’t be entirely indicative that much has changed. On-field issues have been result of off-field issues; gone/going through identity crisis of sorts. Won’t really know for several years whether arrived. Fingers crossed things have finally changed.
So out of West Coast, Richmond and possibly St.Kilda who missed out this year, you're saying Carlton will pass them and play finals before those clubs?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All well and good to state Carlton will play finals in 2022, my question is why?

Adding Certa and Hewett is neat and all but they’re not going to make you a 5 goal differential better side than this years edition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not exactly the change we’ve made over the off season though is it? Getting rid of our rubbish coach and his front running game style is going to be a big factor.

All well and good to state Carlton will play finals in 2022, my question is why?

Adding Certa and Hewett is neat and all but they’re not going to make you a 5 goal differential better side than this years edition.

Its not only Cerra and Hewett

Its also our injury list. Essendon had a full deck of players last six games of season that built cohesion right time of year

We need our best players on the park every week to build cohesion and this group can play finals with a healthy injury list.

AFL average is about 5.5 injured players at any given time we were 13 on average this season... no chance you can build cohesion with Martin, Fisher, Docherty, Williams, Cunningham, Charlie, Marchbank, Newman, Pittonet, Setterfield being injured majority of the season.

Hopefully we can get some luck in 2022 and start building a team culture where injuries won't hurt as much.

Things change quickly. Adding to midfield depth, hopefully also adding to our thin spine.

Then a more balanced gameplan ( both Bolton and Teague were polar extremes).

And a softer draw, compared to your mob and the Dockers, both of who we beat

You’d be aware, given Essendon’s improvement in 21, that a new coach can have a positive effect on a team; even with less influx of ready talent than CFC will have in 22.

A new coaching group, a few new best 22’s, return of a gun forward from injury.
Voss is hardly a successful coach. Your assistant coaches are only as good as your head coach.

I'm not sure Hewett and cerra are pole vaulting you up the ladder into finals next season.

Charlie hasn't strung a full season together yet, all of a sudden he's Carlton's savior?

Only time will tell.

You haven't noticed that we have changed the coaching group who will give us a new game plan and hopefully some grunt.
I had a quick Google search. It won't happen overnight, clubs take years to work out how they're going to play and to perfect the plan. I don't understand the high expectations placed on the team, it's unachievable and unfair.

Good luck to them though, football is much better when the big clubs are up and about.

I had a quick Google search. It won't happen overnight, clubs take years to work out how they're going to play and to perfect the plan. I don't understand the high expectations placed on the team, it's unachievable and unfair.

Good luck to them though, football is much better when the big clubs are up and about.
I'm not putting any time frame on it mate, but we are going to be different to play against next season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back