Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't really see how Tex retiring is going to help Fogarty.

He's struggling to beat the 2nd defender as it is.

Logan macdonald without buddy is much better..struggled with buddy in the team despite getting the weaker defender each week. Fogarty last season showed how good he can be. Tex probably has at least one more in him anyway

Because in a thread designed to discuss potential you kept dismissing him on the basis of what he was doing at the time.

So yeah, when proven right it’s hard not to be a little smug.
To be fair to SYL. A lot of players get talked up by their own fans. You could see talent but he hasn’t shown the accumulation which is key for his strengths around the ball. He has a long way to go aswell to meet the high criteria set by some fans. As I stated he will be good. But those same fans will happily say players from other clubs aren’t as talented, haven’t shown anything etc.

It’s why talent is subjective and people are allowed their own opinions.

To recap I said this about Soligo recently
“Soligo has been super, he’s going to be a good midfielder. His cleanliness and one touch ability is crucial, very creative by hand, and a good user by foot. Want to see him grow some more, he is going to be good to watch.” and I’m of the belief he is in the Lachie Neale mould.

Think Crows still need to either trade in another A grade mid or draft someone who has the scope to be one.

I like Soligo alot but he's not the guy who will break open games for you, he's the guy who is going to feed the bloke who will. Maybe Rankine can be that guy if he can become a full time mid.

If they can find that player (easier said than done) and a replacement for Tex then they are set.
It looks pretty obvious that's exactly what the club will do.
Outrageous offer to Gulden first crack.
McLuggage and LDU presumably next (we've been linked to both).

Rankine will spend more time in there..he’s been starting each game in there recently with Dawson forward.

An eventual midfield trio of dawson, Soligo and rankine with laird as a rotation would be seriously good…Dan Curtin will end up in there as well. That’s a seriously good mix..if they can get one more coupled with the backline they are building, the crows will be pushing for top 4 in two years time.

They’ve also got Tyler welsh to come in as a father/son..will be a quality forward. Tex retiring will also help Darcy Fogarty.

The Crows are definitely on the right track.
Rankine will be better served starting at half forward with stints in the midfield. Similar to Bolton from Richmond. His goal sense and front half game is too good to be exclusively midfield.

Crouch has actually gone past Laird. Nicks will wake up and put Laird in the D50 to further improve on the Keane, Murray, Worrell, Hinge and Michalanney group.

Curtin I think will end up midfield because that back 6 looks so strong already.
Dawson, Soligo, Crouch, Curtin is pretty good start and we hope Rachele can build his tank to go in there more.

Tex will play one more season I think.
Welsh will probably have to wait until 2026 to get a game with Thilthorpe still to come back in.

Overall going to be an important offseason. An A grade midfielder would supercharge this teams development.
I think Hayward will also be a crow further adding to our forward mix (so we don't have to play Murphy or McHenry).

I don't really see how Tex retiring is going to help Fogarty.

He's struggling to beat the 2nd defender as it is.

More ball coming his way is the main reason. Football does tend to become easier as you move up the pecking order if you have the talent to capitalise on it.

I don't particularly see Tex retiring helping Fogarty mind you. Probably does a lot more for Thilthorpe if anything, just as it clears up the awkward list position he's in at the moment.

Last edited:
Pick 5 for Watson….

You’d even have Logan Morris that debuted on the weekend @ pick 31

But you expect that from the clueless recruiters at the Hawks

Lol.

Watson will be fine. He's making the hard things for a small forward look easy such as getting shots on goal and bringing pressure. He could have sealed the win with the goal but good on him for not dropping his head and securing that incredible 2 on 1 defensive victory on the wing against 2 much bigger opponents. That was a match saving tackle.

He's just making the easy things look a bit difficult but the law of averages will write itself right over time.

Pick 5 for Watson….

Yeah he stuffed up the goal but then you get a moment like this 5 minutes later

Yeah he stuffed up the goal but then you get a moment like this 5 minutes later

Game winning goal or game saving tackle take your pick.

He's going to be special. Just needs to settle.

Pick 5 for Watson….

You and the Clarko Closet Committee are some of the more deluded posters around here

Been very quiet this weekend

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He would.

Keays as a forward is average, Cook playing forward despite being a midfielder, McHenry.

He definitely would
Nicks loves McHenry. We all don't know why. Obviously I'd pick Watson ahead, but we would also pick players like Dowling who's in very good form in the 2s.

Keays is a 100 game player who regularly kicks goals and is key to our forward pressure. As good as Watson will be, he's not there yet.

Cook I'll give you.

Nicks loves McHenry. We all don't know why. Obviously I'd pick Watson ahead, but we would also pick players like Dowling who's in very good form in the 2s.

Keays is a 100 game player who regularly kicks goals and is key to our forward pressure. As good as Watson will be, he's not there yet.

Cook I'll give you.
McHenry is just so not very good. It makes little sense, Cook looks alright but way too raw as a midfielder and he’s not a forward. Keays is okay too and provides good pressure, can still win the ball, and kicks goals when needed but god he isn’t a forward and he’s not very good. I’d pick Watson because his pressure is good but it’s also future building since you’re a rebuilding team.

Anyone to suggest he wouldn’t get a game for you is just lying to themselves.

McHenry is just so not very good. It makes little sense, Cook looks alright but way too raw as a midfielder and he’s not a forward. Keays is okay too and provides good pressure, can still win the ball, and kicks goals when needed but god he isn’t a forward and he’s not very good. I’d pick Watson because his pressure is good but it’s also future building since you’re a rebuilding team.

Anyone to suggest he wouldn’t get a game for you is just lying to themselves.
Unless I am wrong, I thought they were saying he wouldn't get a game at Adelaide because Nicks like Bevo doesn't know how to pick the best team

Unless I am wrong, I thought they were saying he wouldn't get a game at Adelaide because Nicks like Bevo doesn't know how to pick the best team
Even Nicks wouldn’t heck it up, he’d pick him. Bevo is next level bad.

Yeah and its good Watson is getting his crack at it. I think small forwards learn much faster in the AFL than in the ressies.

Couldn’t agree more.

Ah, the ups and downs of youth. 5 weeks ago, the sky was falling for all clubs. Now with wins under our belts, Crows and Hawks fans are optimistic.

I’ll say it again, North might have among the most promising group of youngsters, but they’ll never develop right unless their focus this offseason is getting quality older players to guide them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back