Prediction Which two teams will drop out of the 8 next year and why? 2021 edition

Which 2-3 teams will drop out of the 8?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Excellent thread. 8/10

I love how the title mentions 2 teams who are likely to drop out of the 8 - nobody mentions Richmond as likely to drop out of the 8, and then the thread becomes about Richmond.

At first, it wasn't about Richmond, then it was, then it got back on track, and then it was about Richmond again.

What a rollercoaster of a ride!

A definite highlight for me was this absolute gem as to why Richmond will improve. which included:

- Ross, who is training so hard he was on Channel 9 news for it
- number one draft pick Elle McKenzie
- Noah Cumberland
That was a piss take post mate. Ross who is training hard! A female draftee, and a first year player off a knee reco.??

Excellent thread. 8/10

I love how the title mentions 2 teams who are likely to drop out of the 8 - nobody mentions Richmond as likely to drop out of the 8, and then the thread becomes about Richmond.

At first, it wasn't about Richmond, then it was, then it got back on track, and then it was about Richmond again.

What a rollercoaster of a ride!

A definite highlight for me was this absolute gem as to why Richmond will improve. which included:

- Ross, who is training so hard he was on Channel 9 news for it
- number one draft pick Elle McKenzie
- Noah Cumberland
I think what has happened is, Richmond were so bad for so long, supporters were thinking they were forgotten about.

Insecurity: It got embedded so deep, now it can't be removed.

So they now with this insecurity, they need to keep reminding us they are still around.

Very sad really.

Cats have a ******* plethora of star power. They have the 2 best key position forwards in the comp and Danger through the middle likely rotating up forward with Higgins. An old Selwood, Guthrie, Duncan and Menegola are all solid B+ players who fill out a midfield around their star as well as anyone else in the comp.

Not sure what sort of star power people think other teams have that trump the Cats
Geelong struggled against bottom 8 teams last season

You've named 3 bona fide stars. Perhaps Stewart as well. Higgins is 33 next year, do you expect him to star. He wasn't great last season, 2 Brownlow votes for the year.
Solid B graders they have a plethora of.

WC for example has Ryan, Sheppard, Natitanu, Kelly, Yeo, McGovern, Kennedy, who are all pretty much stars, or close to it.
Richmond has Martin, Prestia, Edwards, Grimes, Lynch, Riewoldt, Cotchin, and a few others that are pretty close or will be in Bolton, Vlaustin.

Most sides would have the same amount that Geelong, maybe not as good as Danger and Hawkins, but not as even across the park, which is why to me they don't rise to the next level in finals, star power wins finals. They have added another in Cameron now, but many of their best players are also a year older.

Higgins is a star player and hasn't looked to drop off so no reason to think he will. Brownlow votes is a terrible metric to how a bloke is going.

Lol Riewoldt, Edwards and Prestia are not "stars" and not even going to bother with the other add ons. Cotchin is about on par with Selwood too.

Half those Eagles players aren't stars of the comp either. McGovern, Kennedy and NicNat yes. Ryan not yet. Yeo, Sheppard and Kelly on that B+ level.

Being fast and loose with the term star for every team bar the Cats with that write up.

Not sure what sort of star power people think other teams have that trump the Cats
img

That was a piss take post mate. Ross who is training hard! A female draftee, and a first year player off a knee reco.??

Jesus what are you doing Grrrr? I was loving the fact that all the Freo fans on the thread couldn’t understand the none too subtle satire of that post. You might have to explain it to them line by line, maybe then they might get it. 😂😂😂

Jesus what are you doing Grrrr? I was loving the fact that all the Freo fans on the thread couldn’t understand the none too subtle satire of that post. You might have to explain it to them line by line, maybe then they might get it. 😂😂😂
Maybe you've misunderstood my post. I wrote it using some humorous references.

Not sure why you're so angry. If I offended, I apologize.

I think the only honest question is who will be good enough to make them come out because that's the only way it will change. Collingwood lost 3 players. One that wasn't playing great one that was injured and one that couldn't crack the side every week so you all need to calm down

I think Bulldogs and Brisbane. If there's a hub in QLD again Brisbane will finish top four, but I think they'll struggle in a normal H&A next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think what has happened is, Richmond were so bad for so long, supporters were thinking they were forgotten about.

Insecurity: It got embedded so deep, now it can't be removed.

So they now with this insecurity, they need to keep reminding us they are still around.

Very sad really.
3 flags in 4 years ............. I dont think we need to remind you of anything and in round 2 we will remind Collingwood with 2 flag unfurling if the AFL continue the tradition of Pies in the 2nd round. Now please remind us how long we have to go back to count 3 flags for Collingwood ! was that 63 years ?

When i look at the Geelong playing list with the star names on paper im thinking they are guaranteed premiers.
Selwood,Hawkins,Dangerfield,Cameron,Higgins,Smith,Menengola,Blicavs,Guthrie,Duncan,Stewart and many many more supporting cast BUT then i look at their ages and their game plan combined with 20 minute quarters. Nah they cant run and limited rotations will be so heavy on them old legs but should still make finals.

Pies & Eagles will slide out

3 flags in 4 years ............. I dont think we need to remind you of anything and in round 2 we will remind Collingwood with 2 flag unfurling if the AFL continue the tradition of Pies in the 2nd round. Now please remind us how long we have to go back to count 3 flags for Collingwood ! was that 63 years ?

When i look at the Geelong playing list with the star names on paper im thinking they are guaranteed premiers.
Selwood,Hawkins,Dangerfield,Cameron,Higgins,Smith,Menengola,Blicavs,Guthrie,Duncan,Stewart and many many more supporting cast BUT then i look at their ages and their game plan combined with 20 minute quarters. Nah they cant run and limited rotations will be so heavy on them old legs but should still make finals.

Yeah it's weird isn't it, all this Richmond success and still so insecure.

And about Collingwood, yeah i know all about our history, but that's not the point is it, Richmond fans seem to be the only supporters that stink up EVERY thread to remind us they are still here.

This year no teams will drop out, same 8 teams.

I think Bulldogs and Brisbane. If there's a hub in QLD again Brisbane will finish top four, but I think they'll struggle in a normal H&A next year.
Interesting most media so called experts had Brisbane finishing in the bottom 4 this time last year the Lions will win their games at the Gabba and a few few more that should be enough for them to make the top 8

Any thoughts when this Richmond team will slide?

The rest of the competition need some form of hope, a light at the end of this dark tunnel.

Back