Who is the most overrated person in football?

Remove this Banner Ad

An
Agree with this. Has a lot of the Cyril hype about him yet doesn't really do much except chase a guy down every now and then. A poor man's Aaron Davey IMO.

Kicked 33 goals in his first season as a small forward. Only needs one more to match Daveys best ever in a season. The only small forwards who have kicked more this year are all being mentioned in the AA thread. (Betts, Garlett, Fantasia, Gray, Greene)
Fair enough to say Tippa is behind that group but puts more tackling pressure than all of them.

only stood out cause he played in a s**t team..

That post is beyond ridiculously stupid.

Using that logic, would you make the same assessment of Matthew Richardson?

FFS Pav was a genuine superstar who could play both ends of the ground well, very hard to match up on and a genuine matchwinner.
(So was Richo BTW)

Take your stupid post and be gone.
Everyone who reads it will be dumber for having read to it.

Are we judging SOS as a FB, or a utility?

Distinctly remember Gary Ablett snr being interviewed just after SOS being named as FB of the century. When asked how he thought he'd go that week against SOS, the best FB in history, he said that he thought Langford was better... and don't forget, when SOS won that award, he was so stunned he mentioned there'd been so many great FBs, and mentioned Langford by name.

Yes, he was a great player, but not as great as the media like to say he was.

I certainly rated Langford ahead of SOS. However there has only been one full back to have won the Brownlow, the mighty fireman Fred Goldsmith.

Always thought David Buttifant was overrated. The media made out like he was some sort of genius when the Pies won the flag in 2010. Fitness was definitely a part of why they won but the media seemed to overlook that the likes of Pendlebury, Swan, Sidebottom, Beams etc had all come on as footballers and were the reason they improved on the failures of past seasons.

He came to Carlton with Malthouse and didn't do much for us at all.
carlton couldn't afford the same 'special treatment' in arizona - both financially and because the afl had already told collingwood they wouldn't continue to turn a blind eye.

Lol how is AMT getting a mention here? I think he's underrated. Your a twerp if you think he's just speed and tackling pressure. Guy makes kicks that Dangerfield, Martin won't. Yes one of the better field kicks no doubt, getting better week by week. will poll high in Brownlow counts in coming years. I actually think he's that good.

Obviously Terry 'the list mangler' Wallace. How a bloke who butchered Richmond's list (Richard Tambling anyone?) and has the eloquence of a leather wallet being farted on gets handed a career that relies on:

a) list managing expertise; and
b) public speaking ability

...just completely blows my mind. Routinely manages to effectively say nothing at all and still get it completely wrong.

Obviously Terry 'the list mangler' Wallace. How a bloke who butchered Richmond's list (Richard Tambling anyone?) and has the eloquence of a leather wallet being farted on gets handed a career that relies on:

...just completely blows my mind. Routinely manages to effectively say nothing at all and still get it completely wrong.
The spindoctor wallet was jizzing himself when we recruited tambling when the hawks recruited roughy and buddy clarkson said at the time we are going to build our list around these 2 key forwards
While we buit our list around delideo and tambling
He has n.f.i list manager please...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ross Lyon and Rodney Eade. Highly rated and runners up. Walked into clubs at the right time. Talking about walking into clubs at the right time and having things just keep going as they were, Chris Scott. But I think the thing is, he's not bad. I rate Cyril Rioli pretty high but not quite as high as some.

Dont know what you are talking about. Great man Plough and Richmond were butchered well and truly before he got there. Getting a side that finished 16th the year before into a PF final the next year proves he can coach. He is also a gentleman and a fantastic, genuine person. Would rather listen to him on radio and many of the other useless commentators.

Gerard Whateley for mine- overexposed, sycophant; has far too high an opinion of himself and his thoughts, refuses to consider any opinion that isn't the same as his, and considers himself an authority on all things for what reason I'm not sure. Carries on like he is a lawyer when it comes to the match review panel and doesn't appreciate the rougher, tougher aspects of football.

A social justice warrior (not needed in footy) and to politically correct for my liking. Also find it galling that he is on the rules committee. Agree with Mick Warner and Grant Thomas that a journalist loses impartiality when they are in the employment of the AFL and impacts his comments on rules changes, tribunal decisions and anything to do with the AFL.

Gerard Whateley for mine- overexposed, sycophant; has far too high an opinion of himself and his thoughts, refuses to consider any opinion that isn't the same as his, and considers himself an authority on all things for what reason I'm not sure. Carries on like he is a lawyer when it comes to the match review panel and doesn't appreciate the rougher, tougher aspects of football.

A social justice warrior (not needed in footy) and to politically correct for my liking. Also find it galling that he is on the rules committee. Agree with Mick Warner and Grant Thomas that a journalist loses impartiality when they are in the employment of the AFL and impacts his comments on rules changes, tribunal decisions and anything to do with the AFL.
Twateley, the sanctimonious pencil necked git that's probably never kicked a footy in his life is on the rules committee???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back