Roast Who is the worst commentator on TV?

Who is the worst TV Footy Commentator

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

RompingWins - he just doesn't have the voice to a commentator. Being a commentator is an art and you need to have the tones in your voice to capture dramatic and exciting moments well. He is the male Underwood.

Basil is also boring.

BT was good on Nine and Fox but had become a massive parody.

Dwayne is a twat.

And special comments men who talk a lot more about what they think is morally right and wrong as opposed to analysing the play.

I hate any commentator who tries too hard, Der Wayne is a prime example. Screams every second passage of play and the over use of clichés and trying to be clever instead of doing what they are paid to do, call the game in an unbiased manner.

" Wingard has a couple to BEEEAAAT and does it easily, AMAZING, he was best on ground in round 5 last year and would be the best player going around ATM, They don't wont to be poking that bear"

Get ****ed Drewayne, just listen to Martin Tyler in the premiere league to experience a professional at work.

At the other end we have Dermie, a Hollywood wanabee who takes so long to describe anything because he constantly over analyses every point, trying to sound superior or always referring to the good old days, and what is with the pursing of the lips all the time, and smirking like a 5 yr old. Dead set creepy.

Unfortunately the AFL is a massive Boys club, where ex players get a free meal as commentators.
In a professional world Barry Hall, Mark Richutto, Luke Darcy, etc would never get a gig. But in the boys club it's come on down.

A perfect world would see clones of Clinton Grybas calling games with ex players running the boundary commentary.

Meh, Kelli Stevens eventually ran off with Stuart Anderson (and the rumours are that's why he was traded to Freo).
And there's a rumour that Stuart had a crack on McManus' other half whilst at Freo which is a reason why he didn't get selected for games and retired prematurely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has to be Luke Darcy by the length of the Flemington straight.

He comes across as a condescending prick and let's be brutally honest, he has a hatred of the Fremantle Football Club as when he talks about us, it sounds like he's forced to do so.

Add to that wearing gloves in Geelong and being a soft piece of s**t and Darcy takes the cake.

BT is fast moving up that list though, boy oh boy wowee he's a pain in the arse to listen to

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meh, Kelli Stevens eventually ran off with Stuart Anderson (and the rumours are that's why he was traded to Freo).

Is Kelli worth it? She must be some piece of tail.....

iu

Interesting story, Clay. Couldn't for the life of me remember Stuart Anderson. Looked him up and apparently the most memorable thing he did was crack the shits over Modra getting his number 6 when he came over. Mods gave him 200 bucks worth of clothing to dry his tears apparently. Seems like a good bloke.

Unbelievably torn over Wayne Carey. About the shittest bloke you could come across and has an incredibly punchable face... But damn, his analysis and insight into the game is about the best going around. Agree with what he says 98% of the time but farrrr out is he lucky to have a tv gig after the crap he's pulled over the years

Ricciuto's voice always reminds me of the teenager in the Simpsons

I always expect him to come out with "Mr. Wembley, it happened again!"

Or, how about this. Any time he stuffs up his commentary, they get fines.

"But this comes out of my salary! If I had a girlfriend, she'd kill me!"

Have you guys listened when BT is on the radio. He reaches new levels of wacky, playing music and singing during the call. He spent half the game talking about the different players with Head in their name over the years. Josh Head got a mention.

Basil is boring, bias and crap, he wins.

Bruce is also completely dull, I feel nothing listening to him jizz over things on Friday night.

Back