Review Who is to blame for our disgusting selection policies?

Who is to blame for our selection policies?

• Don Pyke

Votes: 78 69.6%
  • Scott Camporeale

Votes: 42 37.5%
  • Matthew Clarke

Votes: 22 19.6%
  • David Teague

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • James Podsiadly

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Heath Younie

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Ryan O'Keefe

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Tate Kaesler

• Paul Thomas

• Nathan van Berlo

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • Brett Burton

• Andrew Fagan

• Rob Chapman

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Our selection policies are fine

Votes: 9 8.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I have no problem at all dropping Mackay, but IMO both Wigg and Beech are far more deserving of a call up on SANFL output than Gallucci...and after yesterday add Doedee to that pair. Gallucci had his taster against Brisbane, a game the selection panel obviously thought was good for Jordan's development, that said Jordan's game didn't have the must be picked next week feel to it to my eye. He had several noteworthy possessions and showed a couple of nice moves but hardly knocked the selection door down.
Ok, I appreciate that.

I agree, was suprised to see Gooch in and I beilieve Wigg in for Hampton would have been apt given SANFL form. But Gooch should have received minimum 3 games inorder to learn about the speed of AFL, fast tracking his development and it would have cost us nothing.

It seems to be a culture, thus meaning guys who have been there the longest have the most respect when it comes to selection.

That said, everyone is to blame from the top down. Probably excuse Fages from this, as CEO and from a non-football background I'd be disappointed if he had any say.

I was referring to players yet to debut at AFL level.

TBH don't care about debutants I see us as a chance to win the flag this year and if the coaches don't see them as improving go for it if not stick to what they think will win us he flag

We need an all or nothing attitude

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Once again, we've lost another game where dismal selection is a factor.

It's plain as day that we are too tall and carrying players - this soft, unaccountable approach to selection is a cancer.

Good form isn't rewarded.
Poor form isn't punished.

We aren't a meritocracy - apart from the actual impact structurally and within the game itself, the lack of accountability has to be negatively impacting the mindset and culture of the team.

I have no problem at all dropping Mackay, but IMO both Wigg and Beech are far more deserving of a call up on SANFL output than Gallucci...and after yesterday add Doedee to that pair. Gallucci had his taster against Brisbane, a game the selection panel obviously thought was good for Jordan's development, that said Jordan's game didn't have the must be picked next week feel to it to my eye. He had several noteworthy possessions and showed a couple of nice moves but hardly knocked the selection door down.

Belated question, but what had Mackay done to get through the selection door that week.

TBH don't care about debutants I see us as a chance to win the flag this year and if the coaches don't see them as improving go for it if not stick to what they think will win us he flag

We need an all or nothing attitude

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It's this "4 points this week" culture that has contributed so strongly to our GF drought. You must be thrilled with how we're going and perpetual 6th.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perfect opportunity to debut Doedee. So we play Otten.

Then we omit Greenwood for Thompson.

Greenwood is being managed, apparently. Don't mind that, considering he's been playing in the engine room for most of his game time so far.

Thompson being the in is, well. Not exciting, let's put it that way.

Greenwood is being managed, apparently. Don't mind that, considering he's been playing in the engine room for most of his game time so far.

Greenwood enjoyed a relaxing bye just two weeks ago. Weakest excuse for dropping a player of all time.

And if we did want to rest him, we should have played anyone but Thommo. Poholke, Gallucci, Wigg, Gore, anyone.

Greenwood enjoyed a relaxing bye just two weeks ago. Weakest excuse for dropping a player of all time.

And if we did want to rest him, we should have played anyone but Thommo. Poholke, Gallucci, Wigg, Gore, anyone.
As I said, Gov was the same way last year and it was dumb then

The Thompson selection is laughable. Not the selection itself, but the entire back story.

The club gives a 34 year old (who was showing serious signs of being finished) another contract. That was a mistake, but, that's not the part I have the biggest problem with.

The part I have the biggest problem with is that they've given a 34 year old 15 ******* games in the SANFL - for WHAT ******* reason I will NEVER know.

If you're going to re-contract an ageing veteran in the very twilight of his career - you do it because you're giving it one last tilt and you PLAY HIM. From the very start.

OR

You delist him and you give the opportunity to a kid, who can be the next Scott Thompson for the next ten years.

What did we do? NEITHER!

It's vintage Adelaide.

You couldn't script incompetence like this.

Last edited by a moderator:

for most of his game time? He's only averaging 65% TOG and not once has he looked cooked as though that's all he can handle.

he's just being made to "earn the right" from the bottom rung of our rotations in typical Adelaide fashion - never mind the fact he's already our most aggressive and accountable midfielder.

for most of his game time? He's only averaging 65% TOG and not once has he looked cooked as though that's all he can handle.

he's just being made to "earn the right" from the bottom rung of our rotations in typical Adelaide fashion - never mind the fact he's already our most aggressive and accountable midfielder.
On the face of it I don't mind him being rested. He doesn't have the tank to play full middle minutes yet so that's fine.

But after a bye ?!?! And for Thommo ??

Also if you were going to rest Greenwood how about giving him a spell from the road trip to Darwin?

Oh... now I get it. We are :rolleyes:

Forget winning, we are AFLW champions, we have an eSports team and more ex-Crows on the payroll than you can poke a stick at!

Heck, even the guys who can't get on the payroll we've lined up a gig for them either in TV, radio or print media.

Life's great!

Back