Preview Who stays, who goes? - Hawthorn vs Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who stays? Who goes? What else do you think about next week's game?

exit_signs.gif

Well Stratton out...
Rioli, Mitchell in... To be honest I'd like to see Litherland get a game, but I'm not even sure if he's playing at BHH? - Which leaves Lisle I guess...

I believe Litherland is in the development squad right now.

I'd be giving Lisle the green light. Roughead may have to go to the backline.

Some tough calls. Rioli and Mitchell would have to come in. I am hoping Shield or Savage arent given the chop as they have been outstanding. We look a much quicker team with savage in the lineup.

Maybe Cameron Bruce to Boxhill?

Is there anything definitive on Stratton yet?

Not yet. Needs a full structural assessment.

They need to check the ACL is intact. AC seems confident on initial inspection that it is.

Some tough calls. Rioli and Mitchell would have to come in. I am hoping Shield or Savage arent given the chop as they have been outstanding. We look a much quicker team with savage in the lineup.

Maybe Cameron Bruce to Boxhill?

Have to agree. He just seems a step behind.

Was recruited as a depth player and our midfield is fine at the moment.

Losing Stratton is a gut wrenching loss for which I cant come up with an answer for.... Roughead going back would be a shocking decision. Shoey still not right. Hale too slow to defend.

Got to give Litherland a run I suppose...

IN: Mitchell, Rioli, Litherland
OUT: Stratton, Bruce, Ladson (or Guerra if not fit)

How far away is Murphy?

Ummmmm........horses for courses.........

Depending on the severity of Stratts injury, it may not be the end of the world.

Settle.

Have a think about things.

Post.

Here's what moginie listens to before he has a crack after the game

[YOUTUBE]NlprozGcs80[/YOUTUBE]

This is more my style

[YOUTUBE]hEn0px0uJZQ[/YOUTUBE]

I will point out that that is why I am considered such a nasty prick - I never had the opportunity to be Catholic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

whats with all you Bruce haters?:cool:, anyways i don't think Stratts is going to be as huge a loss as first thought i gues im just trying to be positive atm, but we have more depth now than the last few years, even though how good Stratts has been for us it could of been worse, we could of lost Gilham or Gibson.
Hodge or Goo can go back or even Bruce and throw in Sam and Cyril back in the midfield and even Poo and Chaney can come in too and go down back or defensive forward like Browny.
We have alot more options now than before, im slowly starting to get a tit bit excited.:eek:
The main thing is the way we are playing right now, it is fast exciting footy that is going to be causing other teams some grief.:thumbsu:

Phil, my people are not answering/responding, so thanks.

Clarko didn't have the look of a man who's lost his best defender for the year, so, yes, fingers crossed. I hope Shoe can press for selection and show a bit - if there's a silver lining, that might be it.

Your boy had a great game - I like them throwing him around, playing different roles. It makes him a much more versatile and dangerous player, and, importantly, much harder fro the opposition to plan for.

Great effort from the boys...
I'll take 8 weeks on Stratts (thanks Phil) - it means he misses:
WCE, Geelong, BYE, Port away, St.Kilda, Sydney (normally takes Goodes).
Bulldogs and Freo - some big games in there - but back for round 12.

Ins: Mitch / Rioli / Stratts replacement: probably Murphy.
Outs: Goo, Ellis, Stratts - not that they did anything wrong.

didnt Riley Milne get promoted ? is he a defender that can take strats spot ? whats the news on Murphy,cheney and shoey ? I thinks strats with one leg is still a better option than those 3 but if have no choice who will get the nod ?

Phil, my people are not answering/responding, so thanks.

Clarko didn't have the look of a man who's lost his best defender for the year, so, yes, fingers crossed. I hope Shoe can press for selection and show a bit - if there's a silver lining, that might be it.

Your boy had a great game - I like them throwing him around, playing different roles. It makes him a much more versatile and dangerous player, and, importantly, much harder fro the opposition to plan for.

Hmmm just heard some bad news. Talking about potential break to the shin which would see him out for the season. Hopefully the scans show knee disclocation only :(

Jordan played a great game Grizz. Gotta say that the conditions suited his game tonight. :thumbsu:

I thought Ellis played pretty well tonight, if anyone i rather:

Ins: Mitch & Rioli
Outs: Bruce & Strats

Hmmm just heard some bad news. Talking about potential break to the shin which would see him out for the season.

From the replays it looks bad. Barlow like in a way except further up toward the knee. I wouldnt be suprised if it is broken. Fingers crossed it isn't.

Eagles have a couple of tall options including the resting rucks... I would hope J Lisle who has been knocking on the door might get his chance in the backline. With Gibbo & Hodge marshaling the troops down there I think we wont notice that much of a difference... its about the systems not the individuals in it.

With Mitchell and Rioli walk up starters I would expect Goo would make way (might be sore anyway after that knee knock) for Cyril and Mitchell probably takes Bruce's spot in the 22. Bruce just not yet into stride, I hope he improves as the season roles on.

Shiels and Savage will not be dropped both have been EXCELLENT since getting their chances. Savage looks a little bit special to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back