Here is what I am guessing

Certainties or Already done
- Olarenshaw (retired)
- Calthorpe (retired, thank God)
- Lasscock (Time is up surely)
- Woodley (Already left)

50/50
- Spaull (Hasn't shown too much)
- Abraham (Is already out for all of next year)
- Clayton (Please Denis open up your eyes to this bloke)
- Cochrane (I hope but I doubt it seeing he played more games this year than any other year)
- Martyn (To retire, who knows what Mick is doing?)
- Ainley (I hope they don't, but it's a chance)

Presuming the 4 certanties happen and at least 4 of the others happen we will have 8 draft picks

We will then only have 5 if we decide to add Morrell, Teague and either Hilton or Harding onto the list.

Tough decisions need to be made but I really think we need to get rid of some old wood and some hangers on. It would be great to have more than 5 picks but I can't see them getting rid off all 6 50/50 players I mentioned

Here's how it might look :

Colbert - Rawlings :rolleyes: - McCartney - Grant - Simpson - McLaren - Sinclair - Archer - Blakey - D.Smith - Harris - Pratt - D.Motlop - Petrie - Jones - Burton - Rocca - Pickett - Harvey - King - Makepeace - Watt - S.Motlop - Bourke :mad: - Porter - Carey (vet) - Stevens (vet).

That's 27 definites as far as I can see, leaving 13 vacancies.

These 6 blokes are iffy (in order of how likely they are to be given the flick) :
Spaull - Lange - Ainley - Cochrane - Abraham - Clayton (yes, I reckon he's the safest... what a travesty!). Presume three of these will go.

These 7 are likely to be gone :
Calthorpe (ret), Olarenshaw (ret), McKernan (traded), L.Smith (traded), Woodley (quit), Lasscock (will get delisted), Martyn (likely into p/s draft, may be redrafted).

That's 10 spots if three of the 50/50s get the arse. Teague will be promoted, Morrell will probably be sent back to the rookie list and added as the need arises... simply to exploit the use of the rookie list and leave a senior spot vacant. As much as I think Hilton needs to be promoted, I don't think he will, and neither will Harding.

9 draft picks - if we are top participate in the pre-season draft to redraft Martyn, or to get another player, I'd rather we used our full 9 in the November draft, and delisted someone before the pre-season draft.

For me...

Delistings:

#1 Lasscock
#4 Martyn
#15 Abraham (ret)
#17 Pig (ret)
#25 Spaull
#43? Woodley
#47 Ricky (ret)

Ainley to get one more year. Lange retained because we've lost Corza and Lindsay.

Cochrane and Clayton are tall midfielders. Won't go. Methinks they still expect improvement from the slow-developing Cochrane. Clayton is the best option for his spot because of fitness, assumedly low salary and footy brain (I said footy brain, not skills). He still gets a few cheap goals and sets up play with his persistent running but can be embarrassing at times..

Teague 100% promoted. Morrell one more year on rookie list with view to another upgrading (for $$ reasons). Harding 50/50 upgrading. Hilton 10/90 upgrading (very tought call on what they'll do here). Tregenza 2nd year of contract honoured.

I think you're about right there King Corey. Clayton certainly won't be delisted and Cochrane is unlikely to be either. Does anyone know what the situation is with the veterans list next year? I thought I heard there was going to be a change in that they're now included on the main list but that list will be increased to 40 and the maximum rookies reduced from 6 to 4.

Originally posted by Darky
9 draft picks - if we are top participate in the pre-season draft to redraft Martyn, or to get another player, I'd rather we used our full 9 in the November draft, and delisted someone before the pre-season draft.

I would keep one spot for the pre-season as there are going to be a lot of good footballers chopped this year due to the expectations of this years national draft...

With pick 4 we may may be able to score a good footballer very cheaply...

If we delist someone to do this... we have to pay out their contract... a bit of a waste of money... if you ask me...

• Banned
Hopefully we don't waste our first pick on Moorecroft..

was I wrong in hearing there would be a lottery fior the first pick in the later draft between the last 4 sides, so it is possible for us to get 1st pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back