Prediction Who will finish higher - Melbourne, Essendon, Adelaide or Hawthorn

Who finishes higher in 2019?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne - learned some lessons in the last month of the season, and an even bigger lesson on PF day. Top 4 incoming.
Hawks - I just never write them off.
Adelaide - big question marks remain. I'm not convinced they'll find their 2017 mojo.
Essendon - a wildcard for mine. Could surprise, could bottom out.

A truly pretentious overrated side.
4351-B523-EB66-470-B-885-D-A87235-CA8386.jpg

Sorry Rob, but the Hawks are crapola

Not sure how a team with 3 All Australians including the Brownlow Medallist and MVP from the previous year can be considered crapola, but I guess this is BigFooty.

Not sure about Melbourne or Adelaide, but I will very confidently predict Essendon will finish higher than Hawthorn. They are chock full of cooked has beens, and have traded away their one promising young player for an overrated soft sook, an overrated soft sook, and a runner who can't run anymore.

You have the November confidence of a Tigers supporter circa 1983 to 2016.

I think Melbourne will finish the highest of the 4.

I expect Essendon to improve, they'd have to with the addition of Daniher and Shiel, but not enough to finish higher than Melbourne.

Adelaide should also improve given their draw.

Hawks to finish the lowest of the 4.

North to finish higher than all of them! :p

Not sure how a team with 3 All Australians including the Brownlow Medallist and MVP from the previous year can be considered crapola, but I guess this is BigFooty.
Carlton have 4 AA players & an AFLCA winner.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The issues we have is we need brand to stand up consistently down back. KPF depth is an issue but can be covered if we play either BigBoy or Ceglar in that role most of the time. When you have elite players like gunston and bruest and a still capable roughead around him he doesn't need to kick bags of goals just provide a presence. Add Wingard to the mix and it becomes ultra dangerous. There is a reason we paid an arm and a leg to get him across. His best is elite just need to get it out of him on a consistent basis. Find it laughable so called experts think we will drop next year. If they did their research or actually watched us this year they would know it was the younger to core group of players who got us a top 4 spot. Our older brigade contributed and that was it. That opinion seems to grow legs all the time and it needs to change.

Nope, misread your post.

3 players does not make a team though is my point
We needed to add to our midfield depth for next year and beyond and we have done it by gaining 3 players who can run through there (add minchington to that list, not a world beater but a better player than Lovell and O Rourke), we actually got rid of quite a few list cloggers and overall improved the squad. Can't see how were going to miss the 8. There is going to have to be drop off the cliff from half the team for that to happen.

Not sure about Melbourne or Adelaide, but I will very confidently predict Essendon will finish higher than Hawthorn. They are chock full of cooked has beens, and have traded away their one promising young player for an overrated soft sook, an overrated soft sook, and a runner who can't run anymore.
Shiel must be the equivalent of god lol. 1 promising young player? your either trolling or just an ill-informed idiot. James Worpel says hi for a start, you guys should remember him and so should Michael Hurley.

Shiel must be the equivalent of god lol. 1 promising young player? your either trolling or just an ill-informed idiot. James Worpel says hi for a start, you guys should remember him and so should Michael Hurley.
sorry to clarify, i meant promises to be good not promises to be mediocre

Find it laughable so called experts think we will drop next year. If they did their research or actually watched us this year they would know it was the younger to core group of players who got us a top 4 spot. Our older brigade contributed and that was it. That opinion seems to grow legs all the time and it needs to change.
This post reminds me of conversations I had with Shanghai Saints supporters a year ago. They were saying they were better off without Riewoldt and Montagna, because it was their next group of players who had driven the side to 11 wins in 2017. Those predictions turned out well.

I'm not suggesting you're losing anyone of note like the Shanghais did, but I've watched enough footy to know that 30+ year olds can look good one year and completely fall off the cliff the next. You have 8 of them in your team.

That younger core you speak of won't be nearly as good if the old codgers aren't there supporting them in a meaningful way.

Plenty of guess work when it comes to Hawthorn in 2019 and their prospects.

HAWKS. 5TH.
They always find a way. Experience goes a long way

BOMBERS. 7TH.
Still long way to go. Improving but still will be unpredictable

CROWS. 8TH
Better than last year. Home games will help

DEMONS 10th
Prelim scars will haunt. A bit overrated, the fixture will sort them out.

This post reminds me of conversations I had with Shanghai Saints supporters a year ago. They were saying they were better off without Riewoldt and Montagna, because it was their next group of players who had driven the side to 11 wins in 2017. Those predictions turned out well.

I'm not suggesting you're losing anyone of note like the Shanghais did, but I've watched enough footy to know that 30+ year olds can look good one year and completely fall off the cliff the next. You have 8 of them in your team.

That younger core you speak of won't be nearly as good if the old codgers aren't there supporting them in a meaningful way.

Plenty of guess work when it comes to Hawthorn in 2019 and their prospects.

I still remember Geelong fans talking about future hall of fame Murdoch.

Back