Preview Who will finish higher - Melbourne, Western Bulldogs, St Kilda or Hawthorn

Who will finish higher?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Next year's poll should be
Dees
Hawks
Cats
Pies
Put the Dogs and Saints in a poll with Lions and Bombers.

Bombers for me do better in a poll with Adelaide, Port, Geelong - I'd say those 4 are the 'underperformers' of 2018 that should have high internal expectations to do better in 2019. All have been reasonably aggressive in recent off-seasons to try fill out holes in their squads and look to be again this year.

Super effort from the Hawks this year.

Couldn’t have asked for much more.
I mean I wouldn't have said no to three more wins but we certainly were above my expectations

Dees.

But i love my club! To put up the fight we did this season will be priceless moving forward.
both teams can be proud of their efforts this year

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Well done to Demons, and the pollsters. Still a decent effort from Hawthorn, given they were only a few votes ahead of Saints in this poll at season's start, and it is only vote changers and folks voting part way through the season that got us into second spot on the poll.

Will be interesting to see if Melbourne can get beyond WC. I didn't think so before tonight, but really liked the way they responded when we got within 12 points. Thought they might capitulate, but instead came back hard. They've really matured over the season it seems.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done to Demons, and the pollsters. Still a decent effort from Hawthorn, given they were only a few votes ahead of Saints in this poll at season's start, and it is only vote changers and folks voting part way through the season that got us into second spot on the poll.

Will be interesting to see if Melbourne can get beyond WC. I didn't think so before tonight, but really liked the way they responded when we got within 12 points. Thought they might capitulate, but instead came back hard. They've really matured over the season it seems.

But you told me Melbourne didn’t improve because we didn’t improve on our double up results :think:

Next step is hardest of this finals series. The Dee key backs without Lever are workman like but an in form Josh Kennedy in Perth could get ugly if Eagles manage to get a lot of quick clearances. Frost and Oscar McDonald have got through two finals. Liam Ryan, Josh Kennedy and Jack Darling is no easy task for your defence. They key will be Gawn again. If you can dominate he can protect your defence from being exposed. If you make grand final and play Richmond I think only any fatigue from final in Perth could stop you. But suspect with their forward line not tall, it is best team Dees would want to play in grand final.

But you told me Melbourne didn’t improve because we didn’t improve on our double up results :think:

Yes, you'd performed appallingly in your double ups when I stated that. Since then you've beaten two teams you'd gone a collective 0-3 against during the season, so it seems you have the last laugh.

Still think your current run has been a tad lucky. Copping the shallowest midfield in the top 8 without its second best midfielder was certainly fortunate (especially given last time we played he killed you while Mitchel was being kept quiet). Getting WC over in Perth with their top 4 players out - also a little lucky.

In any case, it was a good win tonight. Always thought that on paper you had what looked like a top 4 list, but that mental focus of the young group might still hold you back. Proving me wrong more and more each week. Certainly hope you can bring it against Tigers if you make the GF, as I'm firmly in the 'anyone but Tigers' camp right now.

Next step is hardest of this finals series. The Dee key backs without Lever are workman like but an in form Josh Kennedy in Perth could get ugly if Eagles manage to get a lot of quick clearances. Frost and Oscar McDonald have got through two finals. Liam Ryan, Josh Kennedy and Jack Darling is no easy task for your defence. They key will be Gawn again. If you can dominate he can protect your defence from being exposed. If you make grand final and play Richmond I think only any fatigue from final in Perth could stop you. But suspect with their forward line not tall, it is best team Dees would want to play in grand final.

Agree, winning an interstate prelim is the hardest task in the game for any side IMO.

You've achieved nothing in 50 years, a little humility wouldn't go astray.
My comment wasn't boastful at all.

I assume you haven't been following the thread. Your overly verbose annoying little kid who frequents this thread kept harping back to round 4. I outlined why it wasn't relevant.

That said, Hawthorn supporters have been the biggest *&%$# and smarmy tossbags I've ever come across. So yeah, it's a little nice.

Last edited:
Back