Who's closer to their next premiership: Carlton or Freo?

Is Carlton or Freo closer to their next flag?

• Carlton

Votes: 102 33.7%
  • Freo

Votes: 169 55.8%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 32 10.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

To build a team for sustained success you have to nail the early picks but just as important is the late picks.
Between 2001-2015 freo wasted 95% of itS first picks but did well with 2nd and 3rd pics hence we had a few good years near the top with no flag.
2016 onwards we’ve done well on both which creates depth/competion for spots, competitive energy,development.

I think the Blues have had to many misses 2015 onwards for a sustained flag tilt.
Their best 22 can beat anyone on their day but have no depth at all.
I feel if they get the rub of the green they might do a north play a couple prelims then be back at square one.

Yep , with blues current squad think ore lim is best case scenario.

Of course things could change if they continue to bring in decent free agent’s(who actually contribute rather than just topping up their retirement fund) and they start nailing more than 50% of their draft picks
(Something that might be possible now that fraud SOS is no longer calling the shots)

Yep , with blues current squad think ore lim is best case scenario.

Of course things could change if they continue to bring in decent free agent’s(who actually contribute rather than just topping up their retirement fund) and they start nailing more than 50% of their draft picks
(Something that might be possible now that fraud SOS is no longer calling the shots)
Who are the misses since 2015 that we have recruited ? I’ll give you dow and obrien name the others

With Freo’s squad I feel a semi is best case scenario.

The capitulation I saw during round 12 against a bunch of kids living out of motels all but confirmed it for me. Despite their real competition for spots and competitive energy they lack the mental toughness required.

My opinion 2016 and 2017 Drafting was average at best if you nailed them a dynasty could of been possible
Dynasty is a stretch but i agree 2017 and 2016 were below average luckily the 2015 set us up kpps wise and dekoning looking like a good pick up. I don’t think the current list will amount to much but we can add quality so the next couple of off-seasons will be key. Williams and saad will improve us greatly if we get them. Harder to trade in kpps. But if we don’t make finals next year we have failed

The capitulation I saw during round 12 against a bunch of kids living out of motels all but confirmed it for me. Despite their real competition for spots and competitive energy they lack the mental toughness required.
5 years in to rebuild 2 or 3 and 3 winning seasons this century and all you’ve got to show for it is a bunch of kids?
2019 freo beat 3 of the top four two of those away doesn’t mean we were any good.

Dynasty is a stretch but i agree 2017 and 2016 were below average luckily the 2015 set us up kpps wise and dekoning looking like a good pick up. I don’t think the current list will amount to much but we can add quality so the next couple of off-seasons will be key. Williams and saad will improve us greatly if we get them. Harder to trade in kpps. But if we don’t make finals next year we have failed
Yeah 2015 was awesome for the blues
It definetly makes up some of 2016/2017.
With FA you can also make up for lost ground.

Freo's squad is giving me more than a semi

you must of not watched the freo vs saints game early this season. Freo came from 36 points down and won against the odds, if that isnt a sign of mental toughness, i dont know what is.

Yeah noted youngster Ed Curnow ripped us a new one. Can't wait to see his development over the next 5 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I swear I’m not sh*tstirring...

Brad Hardie on WA radio today saying a VIC based ‘big fish’ who’s partner is having some issues is seriously considering a move home.

Clearly referring to Cripps. Can any Carlton supporters shed any light if there have been any whispers.
He’ll probably choose the mob down the road anyway..

I swear I’m not sh*tstirring...

Brad Hardie on WA radio today saying a VIC based ‘big fish’ who’s partner is having some issues is seriously considering a move home.

Clearly referring to Cripps. Can any Carlton supporters shed any light if there have been any whispers.
He’ll probably choose the mob down the road anyway..
Can we have serong and luke ryan please

You don’t rate us? How about if we add saad and Williams?
Let's be honest Here and realistic. Carlton can finish between 7th and 10th next season. This is not disrespecting Carlton. I thinks there's going to be 5-6 sides fighting for those 7th and 8th spots next season.

Only way I see Carlton finish bottom 4 is they get crippled with injuries, like demon's in 2019.

Let's be honest Here and realistic. Carlton can finish between 7th and 10th next season. This is not disrespecting Carlton. I thinks there's going to be 5-6 sides fighting for those 7th and 8th spots next season.

Only way I see Carlton finish bottom 4 is they get crippled with injuries, like demon's in 2019.
No i think that’s a fair assessment. Injuries to cripps and weitering and we are done

It's not that I don't rate you, it's that I feel 6th-8th is probably your ceiling in your finals push, I can't see you guys finishing higher.
Next year or after that ?
are you saying the core we have won’t make it to the promiseland, regardless of how many pieces we add in the coming years ?

Back