Toast Will McLeod be remembered as an all time great?

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont think the Brownlow comes into it. My query was of macca23 calling him a second rater, when in reality, talent wise & statistically they are very very close together at the top end of the table in terms of players in the past 20 years go, in terms of longevity of quality, match winning ability, skill level etc.

Yeah,you're right, it was a tough call on Akermanis.

It's just that it shits me to death that he wears a Brownlow medal that rightfully belongs to Macca, and that colours my comments about him.

Pimply faced second rater!! lol

Yeah,you're right, it was a tough call on Akermanis.

It's just that it shits me to death that he wears a Brownlow medal that rightfully belongs to Macca, and that colours my comments about him.

Pimply faced second rater!! lol

Not to mention the bleached hair and dyed beard! :D

AND he's a bit of a w***er! But sheesh he had a bit of talent! Not as talented, nor over as long a period as Macca though!

Not to mention the bleached hair and dyed beard! :D

AND he's a bit of a w***er! But sheesh he had a bit of talent! Not as talented, nor over as long a period as Macca though!
That bleached hair may have been the thing to catch the umpires eye!

Seriously I rate Aker as highly as almost anyone for freakish ability, see those two freak boundary side goals against Geelong in the wet when he was at the Lions or the 2003 GF where he was top 2 on the ground. He has gone the distance as well, even taking a pay cut this year for another premiership chance. Yet he is still a tool and Macca is a better player.

Also when I said top 3 indigenous of all time it was to avoid people calling me out on Farmer and the like so I just put him in the top 3 although he would have to be a fair chance for number 1.

Darren Jarman's would be better. But no by much.

Farmer Wangas and McLeod are pretty hard to seperate for mine.

Goodes and Long a step behind.

As for Roo vs McLeod, its a dead heat.:)

James Hird's better again.

I remember when Roo tributes were coming out on youtube I stumbled across a James Hird one. Just an absolute magician and at times he just seemed to will the ball into his own hands. Flawless.. ;)

James Hird's better again.

I remember when Roo tributes were coming out on youtube I stumbled across a James Hird one. Just an absolute magician and at times he just seemed to will the ball into his own hands. Flawless.. ;)

I found that an interesting statement, so I went and looked at all the highlights I could find on youtube of Hird. Based on those highlights, I gotta say that Jarman's and McLeod are on another level, in terms of finishing and level of difficulty. Hird is no doubt a great of the modern game though.

I found that an interesting statement, so I went and looked at all the highlights I could find on youtube of Hird. Based on those highlights, I gotta say that Jarman's and McLeod are on another level, in terms of finishing and level of difficulty. Hird is no doubt a great of the modern game though.

I had a quick look last night as well. I couldn't find the original one that had me so amazed and slightly disappointed it was so much better than Roo's!

Be great if someone could put all 3 together and we can compare :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back